728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

2021 Stashbusting MAL Guide & Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made progress in my stashbusting last year.
    Today I realized I am at the point where I don't have enough similar yarn to do Marly Birds tournament of stitches this year.

I still have yarn in my collection. However, now I am at the stage where it will have to be smaller items.
    There is enough bulky to do a scrap lap blanket or baby blanket. Enough acrylic that I could start the tournament and end up with something smaller. (maybe half the size)
    I have a few of the single skeins or special treat yarns I bought myself because they were pretty. I also have a small collection of yarns left over from about 1940 or so. And lastly, I have a box of crochet thread from my hubbys g-ma.

In way I am very happy to have subdued the stash this far. Then the practical side kicks in and I am wondering how I will fit yarn into the budget in the future.

Yes, I know. I am borrowing trouble.

You know what.... I will start that tournament. Because, I want to try it. Her first design reminds me of a quilt. Triangles crocheted together forming a square. I definitely have enough yarn for that.

here is the link...because my description was absolutely awful. (I have no idea what the quilt pattern's name is) I don't participate in the many other social media options she has...so here is the You Tube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcLggHCnPE

Book Challenge 30/50
    2021 stash busting WTD 0 YTD. +23

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm beginning to have that issue with my stash as well. I had to turn down a request to test a pattern for my favorite sweater designer because I didn't have 1400 yards of an appropriate yarn! So I've decided I will make an effort to work daily on the blankets, hats and other small projects that use up the smaller amounts. But if I am wanting to (immediately) make a bigger item I will buy the yarn to do it. I did this with that green sweater I just made and I'm going to do that with the shirt sleeves place cardigan that qfknit shared on the free patterns page. I won't order yarn for the new one till I used up the green yarn though! I'm finishing it off today with a hat and a couple of face cloths for the domestic violence center. Now I'm going to see what MarlyBird is doing. Thanks for the link.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I don't have enough on hand in 5 coordinating colors to do that. But I do enjoy the technique so maybe I can round up enough for the pillow or a baby blanket.

I'm using remnants to make wash cloths that I will pair with pretty soaps for the domestic violence center.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210325_122527.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	94069
    Natalie from Oklahoma

“The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.” – Robespierre

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -78 WTD +6
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 21

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that is a great idea.
      I had not thought to ask to see what the different help centers could use.

Today I am turning 5 left over crocheted squares into bunnies. I will either hand them out personally, or leave a Happy Easter message on them, and kinda yarn bomb them.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Oh I love that kind of yarn bombing! I used to leave hats and mittens on bus benches in downtown where the homeless hang out but lately I take them to the missions. An Easter bunny with a message on it is a great idea!

The reason of dancing is the new 25 balls of yarn which I got from lady's stash sell.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210607_210916.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	101501
    2021 Stashbuster MAL WTD +6, YTD +55
    Reading Challenge 20/40
    Cross Stitch 7/12
    Craft month goal 1.41/2 miles

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented