Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Craftvent 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craftvent 2019

Is anyone here doing Jimmy Beans Wool Craftvent 2019 Advent Calendar?

I did the KAL last year and I am doing it again this year. It's so much fun. They also have the pattern in a CAL. This is how it works: They ship your box now and it begins December first. Each day you open a new part with luxurious yarn and instructions. Sometimes there are notions and other fun things included. You never know what each day will bring. Last year we made a beautiful shawl/scarf. My daughter-in-law gifted it to me for Christmas. What a sweetheart.

Hellokitten - wow what a gift! And so much fun!!! The shawl looks absolutely beautiful!

I thought about trying to design an Advent scarf for a KAL, but haven’t gotten there. Maybe next year.

I hope others join in the fun!!!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I get for teaching her to knit years ago

This has me motivated to think maybe I can make one along of my own design???

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet you could. The real fun is the daily calendar surprises. My daughter-in-law reuses the empty calendar the next year to make advent calendars for friends.

Do you know if the pattern will go on sale independently?

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      I think eventually it does, if it isn't already. I never really looked into it.. Some people mentioned on the fb page that last year's pattern was available on Ravelry.

Tomorrow it starts! I hope you’ll share the progress as you go!

Comment

Hellokitten have you started yet?

Comment

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        I accidentally disabled the camera on my tablet. I need to have the boys fix it when they come for Christmas. Sometimes I feel so technologically helpless. I could probably figure it out if I had a couple of hours free time.

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Hellokitten - do you have an Android or iPad? Do you know how to go into your settings? It could be as simple as turning it back on. I have an Android phone and an iPad so I have had to figure both systems out. When I can't figure out how to fix something, I just Google it. There are always explanations available.

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an Android. Unfortunately I deleted the app somehow and will have to restore factory settings to get it back. It came preloaded.

Hellokitten - Here is what a Google search found. It was a Q & A and the questioner loaned her phone to a friend for a few minutes.

I'd say your friend is making fun with you. If it's a system app (and there's usually a camera pre-installed that way), it cannot be uninstalled without root access (so you cannot have "accidentally uninstalled" those apps). He most likely disabled camera and gallery.
      1. Go to Settings → Apps
      2. Select the "All" tab (to list pre-installed apps as well)
      3. Scroll the list to find your camera app. Check whether it is marked "disabled".
        • if so: tap that entry, hit the "Enable" button, done.
      4. Repeat previous step for your gallery app

Hope this helps.
      Naperville, IL - Growing Zone 5

Comment

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha! Thank you. I have made some progress with it now.

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Hellokitten - we're waiting for a picture to show you're back in operation!

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I'm trying to remember how to post a picture. Sigh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191207_182421.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	36085

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        How pretty!!!! :-)

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I deleted my tips above when I scrolled down and saw you figured it out. Great!

The colors aren't showing. There is silver gray fuzzy yarn soft as a kitten. Teal varigated yarn, and purple yarn, so far. I'll try for a better picture later.

Anyway, it is 246 sts long, on # 6 circs, 40" . Laceweight and sock yarn. Soft. The fuzzy yarn is silk and alpaca.
      Last edited by Hellokitten ; 12-08-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I get the best colors when I take my project out to our porch and I get natural light.

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds luscious!!

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Good tip. It's been dark and rainy here. I'll update on a nice day.

Today's surprise was a packet of cider and a packet of tea.

Comment

Working...
      X