LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

2020 Stashbusting MAL

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char
    commented on 's reply
    Yay for sharing the yarn love with someone who can use and love the yarn. Sounds like it is going to a great purpose as well!

• hereami
    replied
    I finally got around to giving some yarn to a neighbor today. 6 skeins of baby yarn.
    She is such a sweet heart. She makes items for new mom's and their babies. The current project is a blanket made with the colors that were in the delivery room. Pink, White and black.

Felt really good to give the yarn to someone who is going to use it...instead of letting it sit in the ziplock bags in the storage area.

Leave a comment:

• TexasPurl
    commented on 's reply
    That looks like a fun pattern to work! I hope some therapy will alleviate some of your tendinitis.

I've been pretty successful finding patterns I like without going to "R". Lovecrafts & Annie's are a couple of my favorites.

• Fisherwife
    replied
    Well, I didn’t remember to post last week, but I used up 9 skeins. I had to reorder yarn, though, so it will back up my progress when it comes in. I am working along on this blanket and it’s going quite well but I am still fighting tendinitis. I am afraid I am headed for physical therapy. Here is the Lark’s foot ridge blanket. It was a free pattern but I found it through google and not Ravelry, which is a first for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	8FDFACA9-271F-42B4-859D-E8BBB320C18A.png
Views:	46
Size:	646.9 KB
ID:	43885

Leave a comment:

• knitter131
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I’m thinking we could be very close, lol

• TexasPurl
    replied
    Got home today to a nice surprise from DH (flowers) & my yarn angel. I am BLESSED.

knitter131 - you may not be going to the moon after all!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200213_163802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	43204

Leave a comment:

• crosstitchlinda
    commented on 's reply
    I wish you hadn't mentioned this!!! I'm visiting my daughter this week, and yarn just might happen and this tells me what number I have to stay under !! ( just kidding - I hope to buy little or nothing while here )

• MBearMakes
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the encouragement!

• hereami
    commented on 's reply
    It seems a few of us...myself included...are getting used to the rules/format.
    I completely forgot to join in the discussion and give my yarn count. I remembered to change my personal numbers on my signature...just didn't remember to sign in on Sat night.

I am sure we will all get the hang of this soon. )

• knitter131
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't want to interrupt your day job ☺️☺️

• Char
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! Yes and excellent find. Wonder why you didn't get your daughter involved in this decision

• DJM
    commented on 's reply
    What a find, I agree I would not have been able to pass it up.

• TexasPurl
    commented on 's reply
    What a bargain! No way you could have left those beauties.

• MBearMakes
    replied
    Oh, I totally messed up! I was just trying to figure out when I'm getting my next Crochet Cares kit, and I realized I did my calculations backwards for the YTD number. The first week I joined the MAL, my numbers should have been: WTD: 0, YTD: -6!!

I think I'm thinking of it like a card game where you want to end up with the least points, ie: receive stash? Add points!

I'm very sorry, but I should not have gotten the Bronze last week. My actual numbers last week should have been: WTD: +4, YTD: -2.

Michele

Leave a comment:

• knitter131
    replied
    Uh Oh..... I've been very bad. I went to Good Will this morning, and I found yarn. 4 - 50 gram skeins of 100% cotton for dishcloths, 4 soft worsted skeins in manly colors for hats, and........ Drum roll! 19 skeins of a beautiful soft white DK weight - all the same dye lot! I simply couldn't resist these yarn finds. I will count all this up towards what I'm sure will be my Shoot the Moon status this weekend. Total spent with tax was $12. I couldn't pass. It up! RIGHT???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200211_121718565.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	42830

Leave a comment:

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X