LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 01/25/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 01/25/2020

Post your score for the week - 01/19/2020 - 01/25/2020

Please post YTD scores as well.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Wtd+6
    ytd+14
    Last edited by Fisherwife; 01-24-2020, 08:23 PM.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. It sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Comment

WTD +12 Ytd +20

If I finish anything else I'll come back and edit.
      Linda
      Stasbusting week ending 10/24 WTD = +2 YTD = +166

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
      The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

WTD -42, YTD -8

Scarves are made with leftover sock yarn (1 strand) and mostly leftover acrylic lace (1 strand). I have now depleated my acrylic leftovers (YAY!). I moved on to DK weight, used one full and 2 leftovers for scarves and two hats. Now working off my worsted stash down to nothing. Completed 5 scarves, 3 hats and 1 dishcloth.
        ​​​​​​
        Yarn used from stash this week was a plus 22
        Yarn added to my stash (10 skeins Regia Design Line), is well worth the minus 20 points. This leaves me with a plus 2 for the week.

Oh my! I've just added 20 skeins of "I love this Cotton" and 2 skeins of KNIT Picks. Revised above, I'm sure.this will put me over the moon!!! This leaves me with a score of -42 week to date and a year to date total of -8. Updated above numbers. I shall get busy making dish cloths and towels!
        Last edited by knitter131; 01-25-2020, 04:12 PM.
        Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD +28, YTD + 187

Comment

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you should get a bonus of +50 for completely depleting your stash!

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, lovestostitch, I depleted my acrylic leftovers, still have wool socks yarn leftovers to get through. And lots of new skeins..... Just using up my leftovers.

Wtd +1 (used one ball)
        ytd used 6 and purchased 4: +6 -2(4) = 6-8 = -2
        this includes a correction from earlier I had the negative and positive point scoring confused, but I think I have the formula right now.

Comment

Hi all!

I only used a couple of balls this week on shelter mats. I used almost all my little bits & pieces in my leftover bin. Most of that was counted as a whole skein when it was used.

I finished Part 3 of the Spice Market & I have a secret project in the works!

WTD +2 YTD +27

Have a Happy week!
          Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
          Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohhhh - secret projects. Those are always fun!

I had a decent week. I started a blanket for my brother in Northern Washington.

WTD: +10, YTD: +25

Comment

I'm quite surprised, as I thought I would be Shoot the Moon Winner this week. I bought 3 cones of T-shirt yarn and got a prize skein, so -8. But I also finished a pair of sock, which gives me +4, as I used 1 whole ball and started 2 others (each ball is 25 g).

WTD: -4, YTD: +14
            Last edited by Natalia; 01-25-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I received two skeins from Annie's Caring Crochet Kit Club (-4), but I used that yarn all up (+4). I did get 3 balls of yarn from a lovely yarn shop in Omaha during the first week of January, so I'll include those in my YTD totals.

WTD: 0 YTD: +6
              Last edited by MBearMakes; 01-25-2020, 11:41 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling
              "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

Starting Stash:~62,185 yards Current:~60,119 yards🧶

Comment

Whoops - I forgot to update last night!! Hopefully I can check in a little tardy.

Wtd: +25; Ytd +40

I didn’t finish a lot, but mom went “shopping” in my stash, which helped offset my purchases this week. :-)

I did finish a few skeins and balls with dishcloths, shower mitts, and started a quick crochet blanket. Work should be settling down for me, and crafting time should be picking up. Yay!
                Last edited by Char; 01-26-2020, 05:06 AM.
                Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -18; YTD -264

Comment

I know that I am late, I am joining in from over at Fiberocity. They are having problems with being able to post. Any way here is my score .
                  WTD +2 YTD -16

Comment

• TexasPurl
                    TexasPurl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome hfenenga! We're happy you've joined us! I'll update this week's scores.

• hfenenga
                    hfenenga commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Char, I mostly knit, but I dabble in several other crafts.

• Char
                    Char commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would love to see photos!

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                X