LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 01/25/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 01/25/2020

Post your score for the week - 01/19/2020 - 01/25/2020

Please post YTD scores as well.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +12/YTD -406 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 38/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Wtd+6
    ytd+14
    Last edited by Fisherwife; 01-24-2020, 08:23 PM.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. It sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Comment

WTD +12 Ytd +20

If I finish anything else I'll come back and edit.
      Linda
      Stasbusting week ending 6/6 WTD = +0 YTD = +126

Comment

WTD -42, YTD -8

Scarves are made with leftover sock yarn (1 strand) and mostly leftover acrylic lace (1 strand). I have now depleated my acrylic leftovers (YAY!). I moved on to DK weight, used one full and 2 leftovers for scarves and two hats. Now working off my worsted stash down to nothing. Completed 5 scarves, 3 hats and 1 dishcloth.
        ​​​​​​
        Yarn used from stash this week was a plus 22
        Yarn added to my stash (10 skeins Regia Design Line), is well worth the minus 20 points. This leaves me with a plus 2 for the week.

Oh my! I've just added 20 skeins of "I love this Cotton" and 2 skeins of KNIT Picks. Revised above, I'm sure.this will put me over the moon!!! This leaves me with a score of -42 week to date and a year to date total of -8. Updated above numbers. I shall get busy making dish cloths and towels!
        Last edited by knitter131; 01-25-2020, 04:12 PM.
        Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 1, YTD + 126

Comment

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you should get a bonus of +50 for completely depleting your stash!

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, lovestostitch, I depleted my acrylic leftovers, still have wool socks yarn leftovers to get through. And lots of new skeins..... Just using up my leftovers.

Wtd +1 (used one ball)
        ytd used 6 and purchased 4: +6 -2(4) = 6-8 = -2
        this includes a correction from earlier I had the negative and positive point scoring confused, but I think I have the formula right now.

Comment

Hi all!

I only used a couple of balls this week on shelter mats. I used almost all my little bits & pieces in my leftover bin. Most of that was counted as a whole skein when it was used.

I finished Part 3 of the Spice Market & I have a secret project in the works!

WTD +2 YTD +27

Have a Happy week!
          Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +12/YTD -406 (2019-642)(2018-109)
          Book Challenge 38/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
          Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohhhh - secret projects. Those are always fun!

I had a decent week. I started a blanket for my brother in Northern Washington.

WTD: +10, YTD: +25

Comment

I'm quite surprised, as I thought I would be Shoot the Moon Winner this week. I bought 3 cones of T-shirt yarn and got a prize skein, so -8. But I also finished a pair of sock, which gives me +4, as I used 1 whole ball and started 2 others (each ball is 25 g).

WTD: -4, YTD: +14
            Last edited by Natalia; 01-25-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I received two skeins from Annie's Caring Crochet Kit Club (-4), but I used that yarn all up (+4). I did get 3 balls of yarn from a lovely yarn shop in Omaha during the first week of January, so I'll include those in my YTD totals.

WTD: 0 YTD: +6
              Last edited by MBearMakes; 01-25-2020, 11:41 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling
              "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

2020 Stashbusting MAL: WTD: +2 YTD: -2

Comment

Whoops - I forgot to update last night!! Hopefully I can check in a little tardy.

Wtd: +25; Ytd +40

I didn’t finish a lot, but mom went “shopping” in my stash, which helped offset my purchases this week. :-)

I did finish a few skeins and balls with dishcloths, shower mitts, and started a quick crochet blanket. Work should be settling down for me, and crafting time should be picking up. Yay!
                Last edited by Char; 01-26-2020, 05:06 AM.
                Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +20; YTD -322

Comment

I know that I am late, I am joining in from over at Fiberocity. They are having problems with being able to post. Any way here is my score .
                  WTD +2 YTD -16

Comment

• TexasPurl
                    TexasPurl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome hfenenga! We're happy you've joined us! I'll update this week's scores.

• hfenenga
                    hfenenga commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Char, I mostly knit, but I dabble in several other crafts.

• Char
                    Char commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would love to see photos!

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                X