Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 02/08/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 02/08/2020

Post your score for the week - 02/02/2020 - 02/08/2020
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +4/YTD -202 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 17/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

I was gone last weekend a forgot to post my-16 score! That was from an abandoned project and put back into stash...
    this week I am +1

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries! You were still a long way from winning the "Shoot the Moon" prize. I'm afraid I had that distinction. 🤔

WTD+6
    YtD+21
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. It sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Comment

I actually did some stitching this week, but my numbers sure don't reflect it.

WTD 0
      Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +4/YTD -202 (2019-642)(2018-109)
      Book Challenge 17/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
      Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Comment

WTD +4 YTD +34

We'll see what happens next week, I'll be travelling to visit DD family and she has a great yarn shop near her!! But I'll get lots of knitting time on the train.
        Linda
        Stasbusting week ending4/4 WTD = +0 YTD = +94

Comment

I had a good stashbusting week, didn't make any purchases of yarn, used up more leftovers - worsted and fingering weight. Also a shawl in DK weight that used up two new balls.

Total items completed this week: 3 scarves, 2 hats and 1 shawl. I'm also making a pair of socks using leftovers, b and two more pairs of socks using new yarn. socks are not done yet.

WYD = + 20
          Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD - +23, YTD +39

Comment

WTD: +2, YTD: +39

Working on the edging for my blanket, seems like it's taking forever.

Comment

I have a difficult (but happy) time, so this means less knitting.
              I am working on using remnants of sock yarn. I have already knitted a second sock for myself (+1), a pair of socks for baby (+3). The other two pairs of socks are in progress as well as a baby jumper and a pouf (+2).

WTD +6 YTD +26

Comment

This week I used up two skeins of yarn making 4 hats (chemo caps). I'm actually getting somewhere...slowly, slowly! That puts me at:

WTD: +4 YTD: +10
                "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

2020 Stashbusting MAL: WTD: +1 YTD: -5

Comment

I am at

NET ZERO

This week. I’ve been busily knitting socks, a palindrome scarf and a temperature blanket; crocheting another temperature blanket, started a spice market blanket (my three color version.). Just no skeins used up.

I am looking at the temperature blanket and if the temps are right next week I’ll have at least one skein used up. Lol

I might need the UFO Support group. Lol
                  Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = -3; YTD = -62

Comment

• knitter131
                    knitter131 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You will probably pass alot of us by once you get farther in your blankets 😊

I forgot last week, so the count is a little better this week.
                  WTD +3
                  YTD -15

Comment

I'm not going to be able to remember if I don't record something, so yes I know this is late I just want to have it down somewhere LOL
                    I worked on using up scrubber stash this last week, and with other things since my last check in made it to +
                    74 but it was also fiber retreat weekend which gave me -22 but I was also able to give away a skein for another +2 so lets see what that is from before I was -18 for ytd, so now I am at +36 for ytd
                    Oh wait I also caked up 8 hanks at the retreat, that's +44 ytd
                    Ok now I think I have everything accounted for.

Comment

• TexasPurl
                      TexasPurl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for posting!
                      Just to clarify...the hanks you caked up, did you use those cakes in a project? Winding hanks into cakes or any other manageable form doesn't earn points.

• moescrochet
                      moescrochet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe I misunderstood then, I thought caking/balling up was 1pt, and then when it's gone it is the other pt. they are in the stand by pile for when I get a free needle I don't count it again until the ball is completely gone.

• TexasPurl
                      TexasPurl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you used any part of them, then yes, your process is correct. There was some confusion when we started the challenge regard winding into balls.

I use a simple method. Whatever form the new yarn comes in (skein, hank, ball, cake, etc.), it’s a "skein" added to the stash. -2
                      When I partially use a skein, I earn 1 pt. When the remainder of the skein is used(which is now referred to as a “ball”), I earn the other point.

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                  X