LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 03/14/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 03/14/2020

Post your score for the week - 03/08/2020 - 03/14/2020
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

checking in. I worked and used yarn. Just not enough to count for points. It is amazing how much yarn is in a large Caron Cake. (used about a quarter of a skein this week)
    I had 2 accountability partners and went in to a LYN about an hour away. They were out of the hand lotion bar I was going to buy, and so left with zero yarn but two locally made stitch markers. woo hoo~ yarn diet still in effect.

Hope everyone else made progress this week.
    Stay well everyone.

EDIT to say I finished half a skein...whew... Only one more to go and my virus shawl will be complete. 😷

WTD +1
    YTD +29
    Book Challenge 38/50
    2020 stash busting WTD. +4 YTD. +35

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! You have awesome willpower!

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Char you are sweet. I walked around and was very tempted by the pretties...but promised myself a good cup of tea if I could hold out. I baby sat for a few hours today so will up date my yarn count in a while. Hoping to finish this skein before the cut off time.

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you!

Week ending March 14 I might have large numbers for a while since I'll be home most of the time.

WTD +12 YTD +76

Linda
    Stasbusting week ending 10/24 WTD = +2 YTD = +166

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
    The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I anticipate we’ll all have extra crafting time in the new future. :-). Stay healthy!!

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Great numbers!

This week was pretty constructive, I completed two shawls and two pair of socks. No aquisitions of yarn this week 😀

WTD: +7, YTD: -11

Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD +28, YTD + 187

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Impressive!

WTD: +6, YTD: +68 WE 3/14

Still working on my asymmetrical shawlette and used two more skeins of thread. I made a few hand sanitizer cozies for an upcoming (hopefully) trip with family in June.

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to seeing your shawlette!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200309_111213.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	47256Click image for larger version

Name:	15842364419107851340998834311959.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	47257Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_203819.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	47258 I only completely used 2 skeins this week plus a partial on my L'Acadie cardigan but no shipments arrived so that's a net +5 I believe. I finished a knit shell that I started last summer which used a little over one skein and managed to completely finish off one skein of the Serenity Sock yarn I'm making socks from. I used the remnant to start a Ten Stitch scrap blanket which will help me use up a large jar of fingering weight remnants I've had for quite some time. 😁
    Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +46 WTD +7

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice work!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the way you are using the white in the ten stitch blanket. I started one of those years ago and kept getting a puff in the center.

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      FreedomLover The white is actually just part of the yarn color I was using. It's the self striping sock yarn and just comes out to very nearly one inch squares. I'm honestly thinking of ordering enough to make an entire baby blanket out of it but not til my stash is down significant. It at least until I finish the scrap one. Lol

This week I liquidated 7 skeins from my stash and didn’t add to it. :-)

I’ve been working on a few thing but not really finishing much. I have hopes of doing more crafting during our stay-cation.

WTD: +14; YTD: -52
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -18; YTD -264

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Great progress!

I worked on both the Spice Market & the C2C this week. I was so close to finishing a skein this evening on the C2C. I've just run out of steam . On the bright side, I didn't acquire any this week either.

WTD 0
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

Oh, just almost made it on time this week! Lots of crochet going on here, but my score is 0 for the week! I did not aquire any skeins, and didn't finish any. With all the blankets and pattern testing, I do believe that this coming week I will use up at least a few skeins of yarn! Hope everyone is healthy and happy!
      "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

Starting Stash:~62,185 yards Current:~60,119 yards🧶

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X