LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 04/04/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 04/04/2020

Post your score for the week - 03/29/2020 - 04/04/2020
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +14/YTD -418 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 37/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Well, I didn’t make the progress I wanted this week due to a little online shopping. I bought 12 skeins from love crafts. Still, I’ve been working hard on my ripple this week so I decided I can finally count half the number in the blanket as I’ve balled up 15

so,

WTD+3
    YTD+61
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. It sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Comment

This week +6 YTD +100

I broke 100 and it's only the beginning of the second quarter.
      Linda
      Stasbusting week ending 5/16 WTD = +0 YTD = +118

Comment

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome Stashbusting! Umm, can I get some pointers? lol

• crosstitchlinda
        crosstitchlinda commented
        Editing a comment
        TexasPurl I knit a lot of hats, many of them double stranded. Once I get the pictures off the camera I'll see about posting them somewhere. I also only count a skein of yarn when it is completely used up. If I do it any other way, I lose count.

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good system. I count most of mine the same, particularly the thread. I would never get it right if I tried to break it down.

I completed a croched shawlette, a big and heavy baby blanket and a pair of socks this week. I purchased 6 balls Knit Picks sock yarn (-12), used 6 new skeins (+12), and used up a lot of partial balls (+7). Totals: +17 used, -12 purchased for a net of +5 for the week.

WTD = +5
      YTD = +44

Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 2, YTD + 125

Comment

I used up four skeins in towels and my battenberg, I shipped off 15 skeins today - lots of boxes to the post office today. +38

I received cones for my loom. -10

WTD + 28

I have almost caught up with myself. :-)
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -66; YTD -342

Comment

• TexasPurl
          TexasPurl commented
          Editing a comment
          Look at you go!

WTD: +0, YTD: +73 WE 4/4
        Another non-productive week.

Comment

WTD -8 (bought 6 skeins of cotton yarn from the dollar store -12. Rolled two into balls. +2 . Used 1/2 of two different skeins of cotton. +2)
          YTD +17 (was 25. sure don't like to see the numbers go backward. But the yarn is for face masks that I will line. So I don't regret the purchase.)
          Book Challenge 20/50
          2020 stash busting WTD.2 YTD.+24

Comment

• DJM
            DJM commented
            Editing a comment
            You will use your cotton yarn quickly for the face masks. Great job on scoring some cotton yarn.

• hereami
            hereami commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your encouragement DJM
            The cotton yarn is surprisingly good. I had thought it wouldn't be.
            I discovered I do not like to crochet with it. But knitting it double was fine.
            We giggled when we thought about how far this cotton went.
            Some how it left the country of Turkey and ended up in a little dollar store way over here on the outskirts of the capital of California.

It's been a busy week. I got a bit of stitching in, but not enough to score any points.

WTD 0

Y'all have a happy week!
          Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +14/YTD -418 (2019-642)(2018-109)
          Book Challenge 37/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
          Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Comment

Oh, I honestly thought today was Saturday! I cannot keep track of the days at all lately! I finished up one ball of yarn this week. I'm making progress on my moss-stitch blanket, and I'm doing a small filet Easter table runner, which I hope to finish today.

So, WTD +1
            "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

2020 Stashbusting MAL: WTD: +2 YTD: -2

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
            X