LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending October 17, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending October 17, 2020

Please remember to post your scores for the week of 10/11/2020 to 10/17/2020.
    2020 Stashbuster MAL WTD -2, YTD -41

Knitting not only relaxes me, it also brings a feeling of being at home.
    -Magdalena Neuner

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.
    -Elizabeth Zimmermann

I finished off a ball of cotton in a washcloth and purchased a cake for the test knit, so I am null for the week.
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD = +2, YTD = +5

Comment

I purchased 3 balls of sock yarn (-6). Gave 9 balls sock yarn to Char (+18). Used up 8 new balls on hats, a cowl, and a baby blanket (+16)

WTD: +28

Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD +28, YTD + 187

Comment

• Shauna825
        Shauna825 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice work!

I finished a hat (+4) and bought 4 balls of yarn (-8)
      WTD -4

Comment

I finished a couple of projects this week, but still haven't' used an entire skein yet.

WTD - 0
        Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
        Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

I've been working on the Stephen West MKAL and a new secret test knit but didn't finish anything this week. My KnitCrate just arrived today so -2 for the week for me.

WTD -2, YTD -41
          2020 Stashbuster MAL WTD -2, YTD -41

Knitting not only relaxes me, it also brings a feeling of being at home.
          -Magdalena Neuner

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.
          -Elizabeth Zimmermann

Comment

I won a door prize -- 10 skeins of Takhi cotton yarn, and one skein from a club arrived -22, I used up 5 skeins +10

WTD -12. YTD +164
            Linda
            Stasbusting week ending 10/24 WTD = +0 YTD = +164

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
            The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

JRR Tolkien

Comment

WTD: +0, YTD: +149 WE 10/17

Working on some projects, I didn't finish any balls or skeins.

Comment

I made some small stuff but didn’t finish any skeins this week. I would be willing to bet I’m shooting the moon this week. I have no idea how to start next week’s post, so someone will have to help me. Bought 13 balls of Paton’s Grace because Michael’s is phasing out that yarn and I use it for a number of wonderful projects. A friend gave me a ball of coboo this week, too.

WTD -28
                YTD +190
                Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. It sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Comment

• Shauna825
                  Shauna825 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't worry, it's super easy. This week was my first week and I was intimidated. Char suggested to just copy the previous week and change the dates, which is what I did. Piece of cake!

• crosstitchlinda
                  crosstitchlinda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it is very easy to do the totals. I did it for the first time a week or two ago.

PS: I thought I'd be the one shooting the moon this week

I received a box of beautiful yarn for Christmas crafting from a yarn angel and only completely used up one skein although I got several others mighty close. So I'm at -12 for the week.
                WTD -12
                Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
                "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +39 WTD -12

Comment

I actually did some knitting this week, which is amazing since I was a little glued to my new to me spinning wheel. SQUEEEEE! So, I bought a couple of cute cheap skeins of yarn at my local bargain outlet to make baby hats, just to try it. They started selling some selloffs from Crafty, I believe. Anyway, didn't quite use up all of the sock yarn on the pair, so will have to try to make a square on my long-term sock blanket. I also like to save a little for repairs. Anyway, I am WTD -3, YTD +8.
                  Last edited by PurlgirlButtons; Yesterday, 07:26 AM. Reason: Messed up my WTD #, which was actually -3--
                  2020 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 10/17 =
                  -3~~ YTD =+8

Comment

I didn’t finish anything last week, but acquired 9 skeins from my mom.

-18 WTD
                    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -18; YTD -264

Comment

Didn't use up anything (but also didn't buy the lovely fiber in a LYS I found... ); decided to face my fears and try knitting socks with my thick-thin handspun, guessing at the gauge and come what may--it's not like I'm ever going to use up all my handspun. So no change from last week

+2 WTD, +4 YTD

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                      X