LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Week Ending 11/21/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week Ending 11/21/2020

Post your score for the week - 11/15/2020 - 11/21/2020
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +8/YTD -628 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 50/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

So, I am continuing to replenish my stash, I’ve had a feeling some stores may close if there’s another lockdown. This week I received 14 balls of a beautiful gradient fingering weight from Knit Picks, “Chroma”. Completed one charity scarf.

14 new balls - 28
    used 2 balls + 4

WTD - 24
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD - 24, YTD + 67

Comment

I finally finished my Slipstravaganza shawl! I think it's the biggest thing I've ever knit, nearly 2,000 yards. I ended up finishing off three skeins and another three partially used for a total of 9. My KnitCrate yarn arrived for -2 so all in all 7 for the week! I've started a marled hat with some of my leftovers. I'm thinking I can get two hats out of it and it will be completely used up.

I was bad and ordered some yarn from KnitPicks for the new Andrea Mowry sweater Stripes. But that will arrive another week.

WTD 7, YTD -144

2020 Stashbuster MAL WTD 7, YTD -144

Knitting not only relaxes me, it also brings a feeling of being at home.
      -Magdalena Neuner

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.
      -Elizabeth Zimmermann

Comment

I only used up one skein this week
        WE 10/21 +2
        YTD +166

I am thinking of ordering some more Worsted Weight yarn for the 1898 hats before the end of the year. We shall see.
        Linda
        Stasbusting week ending 11/7 WTD = 0 YTD = +160

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
        The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

I didn’t buy yarn and I didn’t use yarn. I have been hanging out at my sewing machine.

WTD 0
          Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -20; YTD -276

Comment

• TexasPurl
            TexasPurl commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm, maybe a fabric stashbusting challenge for the 1st of the year?!!

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            TexasPurl - uh oh - better stock up now. Lol

Received my Bare yarn from Knitpicks and have it dyed up and ready (mostly). I have done some sewing, some spinning, and a little knitting on my Christmas socks, but no balls used up. I did get my yard all cleaned up this morning, though, so I am ready to go!
          WTD (-16) YTD (+6)
          2020 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 11/21= (-16)~~ YTD =+6

Comment

Happy Mail came in. The 12 Days of Christmas advent is by Cherry Pie Cottage. I was planning to attend the DFW Fiber Fest this year before it was canceled, so when I found the colorway, I had to have it. I loved the Moon Shadow colorway when it was shown on Instagram, and my finances now allowed me to get it.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	86AB41A8-BF96-460D-A803-1C34205B88B8.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	82583Click image for larger version  Name:	FC55D695-E3B6-4641-A58D-E7D68D0F1101.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	82586Click image for larger version  Name:	5EC4289C-5ECA-439C-84F7-0B2D514EA45B.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	82585
            WTD = -32
            Attached Files
            Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD = -32, YTD = -15

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
              KnitsWithHorses commented
              Editing a comment
              Lucky girl! That's some beautiful yarn!

Finally some good numbers to post! I used 1 skein on Christmas stockings & gave away 3 skeins. Next week may not be as productive.

WTD +8
            Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +8/YTD -628 (2019-642)(2018-109)
            Book Challenge 50/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

I finished a little cardigan for bear. Still need to make a dress.
              WTD +2

Comment

WTD: +0, YTD: +155 WE 11/21

I finished some Christmas gifts, however no skeins used.

Comment

I found a crate with all the scrapghans I started this past year before we moved out here to the homestead so I need to finish my tunisian scrapghan so I can work on finishing these other ones. When I'm too stressed out to work on anything else, I can always work on an afghan.
                  WTD +9
                  YTD +61
                  Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
                  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +73 WTD +12

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                  X