Cricut Gives Your Ultimate Cutting Precision

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

1Q 2020 Make Along Chatter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natalia nice work! Beautiful pieces. Your photographs are great too. Good lighting on a clean background really shows your work.

Comment

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you chrisz. Photos can be better if not a gloomy weather! Here in the UK winter days are really bad for sunshine.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Working on my Battenberg Blanket https://www.cherryheart.co.uk/2018/1...g-blanket.html I really hope to finish it this year! Along with this massive crochet project I'd like to get a warp on my loom and enjoy more weaving this year. Last May we brought home a new kitten and she has been just a stinker with the yarn. Now that she's a little older I hope to get more done without her help!

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last I counted I have a little over 300, 2" granny squares. I still need to measure my bed to determine how big I want to go. In the pattern Sandra makes over 1000 but it's for a king size bed, mine will be for my queen bed.
      As soon as I have something to show I'll post a picture. Right now it's just a pile, lol.

• Fisherwife
      Fisherwife commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m working on the same blanket. I have a king sized bed and am tempted to make this a long term project and make 1,000. So far, just 70, but I weaved in all the ends! I’m planning on purchasing a cream color to offset all the colors as well.

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fisherwife This blanket is definitely a long term project for me. I'm going into my second year and I'm fine with that. I like to sew and weave also so I usually have a project going in each craft and have learned not to pressure myself and turn it into a chore...I have enough chores!
      I'm weaving my ends in as I go too, otherwise it would be a daunting task at the end! I'm not sure I'll do the same joining method that Sandra uses in her pattern. I may start making the squares in a neutral color now so I don't get tired of it. Then just join all the squares later. ???

I am an accountant (by day!) and time is a bit short these days. I was hoping to get to the hat test knit this evening and didn’t get there. Also tried to add some to this blanket...

I’ll get there. I do see crafting time in my future this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B01E6C58-A416-42FA-9A64-BCA42D8B60C5.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	39517
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = +14; YTD = +54

Comment

• chrisz
      chrisz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like another crazy weather weekend for us Char. I'm going to be home knitting happy as can be. Is it Friday yet?

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost!!! And this weekend is the one weekend I take off this month (Saturday is my birthday - yay!). Dear hubby asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. I said to craft. ❤️❤️

A crazy January overall weather wise!!! Although I am glad all of this rain isn’t snow - we’d have A LOT of snow if it were.
      Last edited by Char; 01-15-2020, 07:37 PM.

I make hats, and mittens all year long for donation. I'm adding in scarves this year. I make socks for family and I also have a baby blanket on the needles for the newborn daughter of a church member. I have fiber on the wheel and two rigid heddle looms going. I would like to sew one thing a month and at least look at the embroidery. I'm retired I have time for these things. Char I was an accountant in a previous life so you have my sympathy!!
    Linda
    Stasbusting week ending 2/1 WTD = +0 YTD = +20
    Book Challenge = 8

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - right now my head is spinning. It will get better in the spring. I just hope no one here things I forgot them. Lol

2020: three years ago my LYS closed and I stocked up, and then joined a yarn of the month club during 2018. I don’t have “too much“ stash but I have so many patterns in my library. I really want to try more patterns for fun and trying techniques I enjoy.
    I have a two sweaters on the needles and two more ready to cast on.

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      My LYS closed last summer. I couldn’t help but stock up. There is another craft store that now stocks some yarn. It doesn’t seem like it is the same. Sigh.

I look forward to seeing picture of the sweaters!!

Almost done with this knitted "Doily with Spiral". Just the crocheted edging left to go. It's 20" diameter before being blocked. So excited to see this finished.

http://www.yarnover.net/patterns/doilies/beyer/b1.html

Name:	IMG_20200115_125454.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	39660
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +2/YTD +27 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 6/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    ― Elizabeth Zimmerman

Comment

Name:	papillion.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	39711 Having completed two beaded lace shawls for Christmas gifts, I decided to change things up a bit and start the Papillion shawl. Think garter stitch, short rows...LOTS of short rows...I started with the 5 color option and after a few days I wasn't in love with it...had an epiphany...while I like the bright colors in so many pictures of completed shawls in this pattern, I am a neutrals girl when it comes to my personal wardrobe...so RIP, goes the 5 colors, and SWITCH goes the yarn colors. I am happy with the results so far! The hardest thing about this pattern is the pattern...It took me a bit to figure out how to follow it, but once the lightbulb lit, I was good to go. This is not a hard pattern as long as you keep track and use stitch markers. Now all I need to do is figure out how to rotate a wide shot...

Comment

Name:	20200115_222909.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	39714 TA-DAH! Figured it out :O)

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        These colors are beautiful together 😊

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        That's going to be a stunner!

• Sjuly
        Sjuly commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favorite things about knitting from stash is feeling free to frog it. Love the look of your project

Sjuly ...and one thing about frogging is I now have 5 new colors in my stash

Comment

Stashbusting is the goal...doing some socks...I'm embarrassed to admit one pair is the Chicken Tracks...starting the second one. The other pair are ribbed. Also knitting Felix Cardigan need to do sleeves and button band. I've been carding & spinning lots as I have a ton of fiber in my stash. Not stressing just gonna enjoy and TRY not to buy anything.
        I'll get some pics sometime soon. Yay everybody!!!

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          No need to be embarrassed - socks are socks!!! can't wait to see pictures!!! of the spinning too!!!

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Plain ribbed socks are still my favorite, they fit the best!

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          knitter131 - I love simple socks, especially with pretty yarn.

I started this sock pattern, probably hard to see with my choice of yarn. It's my own pattern, an alternating mock rib. Yarn is Opal Graffiti.

Name:	IMG_20200117_030620790.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	39796
        2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = 0, YTD = -8

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Very pretty!!

• Bettymo
          Bettymo commented
          Editing a comment
          Very pretty stitch pattern.

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you 😊

I'm knitting the Oslo hat by petiteknit. Needles: 3.5 mm. Yarn: Todd&Duncan Lamaine 100% Lambswool, navy colour.

Name:	IMG_20200125_113200.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	40600

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          That is very pretty yarn!

• chrisz
          chrisz commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful! Great depth of color. Please post when it is done!

Very happy to get the last 2 handwoven towels hemmed! The other four were finished and gifted for Christmas. These are mine. 😊

Name:	IMG_0527.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	40625Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2651.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	40626

Comment

• Kathy7661
          Kathy7661 commented
          Editing a comment
          lovestostitch I know what you mean! My craft room is at it's max too. Supplies are starting to find their way into other areas of the house! 😳

• Natalia
          Natalia commented
          Editing a comment
          So beautiful! You are very talented!

• Kathy7661
          Kathy7661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Natalia Thank you for the nice comment! 💕

I started this granny rectangle today, it will be a graduation gift for a friend’s son. :-)

Name:	3605A9C2-9A07-4243-8DFF-564395936DA8.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	40653
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = +14; YTD = +54

Comment

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Aaahhh, my favorite color 😊

I have completed my socks, seems they were put on the back burner for a while, but I'm glad they're done. These are for me, yarn is Opal. My own pattern, a mock rib.

Name:	IMG_20200127_085718555.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	40860
        2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = 0, YTD = -8

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X