LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

June 2021 Chatter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2021 Chatter

Here is our June chatter thread!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WE 6/12/21 +84 YTD +405
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Good morning!

I hope you are all doing well. My grand-niece and I have been enjoying sewing. She made this tote yesterday:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC023871-93EA-4AFB-AC64-E77EEE60EE0F.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	100614

And I made this or our kitty sitter:

Name:	5E3AF39F-4649-4652-860A-9D11609EBC4F.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	100615

I am also working on my first log cabin quilt. Pic to come.

how are you all doing??

Comment

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      i see that the fruit did not fall far from the tree - beautiful job, both of you!

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are beautiful bags.
      Good job!!

• Spice2s
      Spice2s commented
      Editing a comment
      I love bags

Here is the log cabin I have going on in my mind…. I am not sure how many blocks I’ll need so I’m just kind of making it up as I go along.

Name:	77D55D0E-49E2-478C-B9B3-A4BA190AE336.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	100649

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all

hereami - I am hoping to have it done here shortly (end of June?) as this is for a firefighter who is retiring after decades of wonderful service.

It is going quick, that is for sure. . I’m enjoying the process. I’m aiming for “keep warm in a chair” size.

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Happy June everyone! I always get excited for the beginning of this month (probably because our anniversary is Friday).
    I'm Laur but my droid name is K2-Tog
    Blog: A Knit Hope
    Join us at WIZARDING SCHOOL 🧙‍♂️

Comment

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Spice2s

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy anniversary!

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Natalia

This is some fiber I dyed to spin for the Spin de Fleece, starting June 26th.
    I was striving for a gradient, and am happy with how it turned out.

Name:	good P1011091.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	100732Click image for larger version

Name:	good P1011096.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	100733

And this is the half pie shawl I was working on a while back. I hadn't shown it yet because I wanted to block it first. Its still not blocked, The edge is just wanting to curl a bit.

Name:	1 P1011008.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	100730Click image for larger version

Name:	2 P1011018.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	100731

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely! Both of them.

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all! Char, Woolfan, lovestostitch, knitter131, DJM, hereami and Pegg Thomas .
      The red yarn is loops & threads woolike, it is a nice red, not quite a true red though, it leans a little to the pink side.

For the fiber. I'm thinking I will probably leave it as a single. I'm hoping to get a nice lace or light fingering weight. I have 150 grams here.

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sommerfugl, really looking forward to seeing your fiber spun up - bet it will be luscious! Love the colors, and it will be beautiful as a lace weight, or light fingering yarn!

Did I already tell you all....
    I am now officially retired as a home-school mom. (25years) My baby has finished high-school and was able to get a job immediately at a coffee shop, locally.

Soon I will start cleaning and reorganizing my house. Then think about what kind of paying job I would like to get. I haven't had a paying job in about 28 years.

As for my crafting... I have not been productive lately. So lots of Wips to talk about.

Wip Wednesday.
    Here is what I have available to work on.
    1. Knitted quilt style lap blanket (k)
    2. My 'water mellon' colored shawl (k)
    3. A wool cowl (k)
    4. Connecting my Tunisian squares from last year into a lap blanket (c)

I am sure there are a few more things I could add. (I will probably find them when I do a deep clean of my craft area)
    Book Challenge 23/50
    2021 stash busting WTD. o YTD. 6

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys are so nice. Thank you for your encouragement.
      K2-Tog you are so funny. So far this week I have followed your advice...the craft area is still a mess. lol.
      lovestostitch I really do not know what I want to do. For now I know what I need to do.
      Transport new graduate to and from work and take care of me. I have not made myself a priority in a long time. Which means...several things need urgent attention. I don't really want to pay someone to poke and prod and take my blood. But, it is time.

I do need to think of something to 'do' and get paid for soon. I figure after the house is clean and reorganized I am going to be bored, and talking to my dog way too much. lol.

• TeaNSugar
      TeaNSugar commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on finishing the homeschooling!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I understand how crazy that feeling is. It can take a while to realize it's okay to put your needs first for a change. I homeschooled my kids from 1991 to 2015. After Harmoni graduated, I wrote curriculum for people (locally - self published and individualized.) But I stopped after a few years. It is a LOT of work and I couldn't stand to charge people for what that much time was actually worth. Kind of like knitting! Lol I kept having people ask me to homeschool their kids for them "since I was free now." 🥴 Ummm no. That's not homeschooling,
      That is a private school. So I would just help them do it and write up outlines, teachers notes, reading lists etc. (When I hs'ed I rarely used published curriculum except for math. I used Saxon math.) Since people kept referring friends to me I thought what the heck and did it for a few years. But I'm really ready to be done now. And I've gotten better at just saying no. 😉

our boat was successfully transferred from winter storage to our home harbour, which is on an island, which is part of the Finnish Fortress

it was cold - some 5-10*C (40-50F) with a biting wind of 10m/s - I can't imagine why some people want their boats at sea in early April

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      That picture you sent makes everything look so inviting. I never would have guessed it was cold and windy.

sheiskanen I have a question about the photo. Just under the center of the photo, there is a ribbon of lighter color in the rocks. Is that water runoff or is that a section of different colored rock?

• sheiskanen
      sheiskanen commented
      Editing a comment
      hereami - the picture was taken on a beautiful day in late July two years ago on the day we arrived, we just wanted to get home and into the sauna to get warm

the ribbon you see is a lighter colour in the rock - it's not uncommon to have different colours of rock

• TeaNSugar
      TeaNSugar commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure you're glad that's done. Enjoy!

Good morning all! I hope this finds you well.

So - I did a thing yesterday. We are three hours from one of the largest fabric warehouses in the world. I’m saying the size was easily 4 times the size of a super Joann’s. Shelves and shelves as far as the eye could see.

They have a “wholesale” side where they have bundles and bolts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	31FECF9D-6A50-4C2D-8236-7937E9F27A2D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	100849

On the retail side we he fun shopping for the crafting days at Town Hall. I’ve offered to teach folks how to sew / quilt. We’ll start with pillow cases, end with a lap quilt and it’ll take however long it takes. . We plan to meet the second Saturday of every month.

Click image for larger version  Name:	647A6FAE-79CC-48B8-88F7-4E74F818BAEF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	183.4 KB ID:	100850

And then there was this thing that happened. So - I know they sell these potpourri boxes - it’s end of bolt, or pieces that they can’t sell for whatever reason. They all get put into a box, sealed up and sold by the pound. When I arrived I asked about these boxes because I would have liked to bring some for these classes. They didn’t have any. Ok, no worries.

Then we saw the owner, and ran into him several times and said hello. As we were at the counter cutting this fabric (nearly done at this point) we struck up a conversation. Where are you from, did you find everything…. I smiled and said oh yes, and then some. But I was saddened there were no potpourri boxes. He got on the phone, cancelled the order that had four of them, and brought me a sample. I bought two…. This is what was in one of the boxes. Today we’ll fold the other box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B2A05928-1317-405E-8091-DF1C2CF1AE43.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	179.9 KB ID:	100851

I wouldn’t have bought the yardage had they brought this out first, but…. So it goes.

I think I have plenty to make some kits for teaching folks. Lol

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      hereami - the second picture is separated out into projects (the far right stack has two sets). My hope is to get 1 pillow case, one small dresser scarf or wall hanging, and one small quilt out of each set.

The taller stacks are a mishmash of things. I see this being pieces and parts of a lot of different projects. Totes, quilts, table runners and such. . These are part of the surprise packs. It’s like Christmas opening it up.

Currently we are using pieces of the tall stacks to make pillow cases. Two of the three students I have have never used a sewing machine.

crosstitchlinda it is in Batesville Arkansas. Marshall Dry Goods. Take a look online. They have a ton of fabric.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 yes you are of course always welcome to bring your machine over and craft.

• TeaNSugar
      TeaNSugar commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful fabric!

Good evening everyone!

We made it home from a lovely trip to Branson. Always good to go, but always good to come home.

My niece wants to come over for some time this summer. My son may go over there when he does. We’ll see how things go.

Hope this finds you well.

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      What was Branson like? Are most of the venues open? Last time I went through it was a ghost town. (About this time last year I think. ) I used to spend a lot of time there because my daughter sang at some of the shows as a guest now and then. Usually the Osmond's theater. I miss it!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses it amazed me - everything was completely back to normal and everyone was loving it.

Hello everyone! I'm sorry to have been AWOL for a month now, but our lives were truly turned upside down recently, I was sick for a week (not Covid) and now we are moving. I'll be catching up as I find time and I'm so happy to be back with you all. Everyone's projects are fabulous, as usual, someday I'll get back to crafting.
    Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry you were sick. Moving can be very stressful, I hope you find time for R & R.

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry to hear you were sick. How far are you moving? I know you just got a job you like and you're close to your grandchildren. I hope you're happy about the move.

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      FreedomLover
      Thank you for checking in.
      We missed you.
      Hope you are healed completely and your move is trouble free.

Did you ever hear of World Wide Knit-In-Public Day?
    It is an annual event, hosted at many local yarn shops and also outside cafes, in parks, and other places where knitters may gather.
    This year's date is Saturday, June 12, 2021:
    http://www.wwkipday.com/

Knit-In-Public events are called KIPs, and the list of KIPs in America is found here:
    http://www.wwkipday.com/find-a-kip/kips-in-america/

As seen on the home page for the World Wide Knit-In-Public Day -
    "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
    - Elizabeth Zimmermann

Comment

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      That's amazing! Too bad there is no place close in my state. Maybe I'll find someone who knits and/or crochets and I'll drag them to a park.

Thanks for sharing qfknit

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      qfknit
      Thank you for the heads up.
      The date is coming up fast. (four days away)
      No places close by me either. There are a couple of places I could go. The park and the nearest coffee shop. The coffee shop has outdoor seating open.

I was going to say how quiet you all are this month ... and then I realized I'd forgotten to subscribe to June's thread. *derp!* I've been spinning a little - and only a little. Also knitting on a new shawl when we've been in the truck. But it's the busy season on the farm. Garden work. Pasture work. Getting ready for hay. All the fun stuff.
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      You can subscribe to the monthly community chatter section - then you won’t have to subscribe every month

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Char ... oh. Gosh. That was easy.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      😂🤣😂🤣

Hey all, I wanted to let you know about the Knitting Summit ! It's a free online event, but the classes are only free for one day. It's currently day 2 !

https://rebecca-page.com/knittingsummit/

​​​​​​​
    Stashbuster 2021 WTD= +5; YTD= +81 (6/12/21)
    Oh SNAP ✨ we're DUELLING 🤺 atFiberkind Wizarding School! Let's SPEW.

Comment

Hey everyone! It is WIP Wednesday!

what are you working on?

Comment

• sheiskanen
        sheiskanen commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch - it sometimes does get close to 30*C (86F) in the shade, but that is normally for a short period only - normally we stay in the range of 20-25*C (68-77F) in the shade - still, a muumuu would be nice to have - especially in the house, where the sun sometimes heats the air to above 30*C and we don't have a/c - we've talked about getting a unit in the bedroom

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        No ac? You need a muumuu! What is your typical humidity on a hot day? Ours can easily be 65% or more.

• sheiskanen
        sheiskanen commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch - frankly, I don't know what our humidity-% is - I googled it, and got 50-70% as an indication for the humidity in the summer, lower during the day than during the night

our temperatures fluctuate a lot and very quickly - so does the level of discomfort

I'll browse online shopping for a muumuu

My WIP’s are a scarf that’s taking forever, and socks. Here’s a progress photo

Name:	CD1C0DA4-342B-4DA2-A5DC-C1A6DE46DC2F.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	101472
      Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD + 2, YTD - 97

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        She created such pretty patterns. I've done her Flutterby Butterfly pattern.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        I knitted those back when she first did the pattern. It was a mystery KAL. I still have mine! Definitely one of the prettiest pairs of socks I ever knitted. Are you adding beads?

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        KnitsWithHorses, no I did them without the beads. I really enjoy beads, but wasn’t in the mood to fiddle with them this time. I think I have all of her patterns, they are all beautiful 😊

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X