728 X 90
Maine Top Mill Ad Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

It’s Gnome September!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I totally forgot my FAVORITE pumpkin pattern! I made this Pumpkinhead Slouchy Hat 2 years ago for me and my DIL and got requests from half my family, all my friends, and at least 3 of her friends to make them some too. I made the first one with worsted acrylic (Red Heart Super Saver) which is the first picture, but that was too warm for me to wear in the desert, even in October, so I made the rest in Lion Coboo (cotton/bamboo blend), which is shown in the second picture, and it worked great! I thought I had some pics of them actually on people, but I couldn't find them anywhere. The only problem I had with the hats is that the vine just kind of flops around, but that was solved by using a cute Halloween pin to attach the vine where you want it on the hat. They are REALLY cute hats. I definitely vote for something pumpkin or Halloween-themed for next month because there are SO many cute patterns out there for that theme. 🎃🧡
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkin Hat 1 2019.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	111915Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkin Hat 2019 14.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	111916
    Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook, MeWe, and Wimkin

Oh SNAP ✨ we've got DUELLING 🤺and SPEW at Fiberkind Wizarding School! 🔮

Or try out the lvermorny FiberKind Campus

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cute hats!!! . Sounds like pumpkins / Halloween has it!

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      They are adorable and screams fall.

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Love them! It doesn't hurt that orange is my favorite color and fall is my favorite season. 😁

KnitsWithHorses reminded me I haven't shared this shawl with the group yet. This is the "Maggie's Strength Shawl." I'll be giving it away to one of my newsletter subscribers after the release of "Maggie's Strength" in November. It was spun sport-weight - thicker than I usually use for a shawl - a Border Leicester blend of muted green, blue, and a dash of gold. I'm happy with how it turned out. Click image for larger version

Name:	Maggie's Shawl front pinned.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	111945Click image for larger version

Name:	Maggie's Shawl front wheel.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	111946Click image for larger version

Name:	Maggie's Shawl back wheel.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	111947
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, everyone.

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very beautiful!

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      So beautiful. I look forward to reading both Forts of Refuge books!

I finished the first gnome of my gnome quilt . All of the hats are done, I’m just working on the bodies

Name:	B6C458DB-6E9D-4854-A7F3-065C06127FD8.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	111978
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD + 2; YTD +425
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      So cute! 💖

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I love it! 🥰

Not to put a damper on the awesome thread. My neighbor, married with three children under 9, just committed suicide in the park down the street this morning. To all of us...this is a complete shock. No one saw this coming. He has a large extended family and lots of friends. All of us neighbors love him. He could have talked with at least 100 people this weekend. He chose not to. He chose a different path. He leaves behind lots of grieving people.

My purpose in writing this here on FiberKind is to make sure each one of you reading this knows... We are here for you. Reach out to someone. If not someone in your family or friend group, then to a hotline.

You are important. Your struggles and heartaches your joys and laughter all make you a special human with lots to give and to experience.

1-800-273-8255
    https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
    Book Challenge 23/50
    2021 stash busting WTD +4 YTD. +23

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad you shared this. It is so important to remember when you are down is the time you need friends, not separation.

You can always reach out to me or any member here when you need us. I am sure we all feel the same.

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      My dad committed suicide 20 years ago. He had Parkinson's, but still.....
      I talked him out of it several times, but he was determined. It still haunts me.

I am so sorry for the loss of your neighbor.

• MBearMakes
      MBearMakes commented
      Editing a comment
      Hellokitten I'm so sorry to hear that. What an awful thing to experience. 🕊️🙏

Good morning everyone! It is WIP Wednesday!

Yesterday I was at the office from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Usually I come home and close my eyes for a bit, but had no time yesterday. The bid opening went well. We also had a ceremony for one of our Town’s founders. She is in her 90’s and just recently retired from the Park’s board. She loved the quilt I made for her.

I have a slow day, but really should work before it gets too warm in my office area.

​​​​​​​Or maybe I’ll go back to sleep for a bit.

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Char Did we see the quilt for the lady you mentioned?
      I am sure it was beautiful. Your work always is so nice.

I got my flu vaccine yesterday. So...for those of you who choose to get one, here in the U.S.A. they are available.

Not much in the way of crafting done this week. I am in the process of taking apart a crochet square blanket I made about 27 years ago. All I have to do is take out the yarn that holds all of the squares together, then reattach the usable squares. Apparently, I just did what seemed right at the time. There is no rhyme or reason to how these things are attached. This quick repair job is now slow and frustrating...and involving scissors.

hereami - this is the quilt I made for Sarah. She loved it. people signed their gratitude in the white sections.

Name:	DE5BB323-51A5-4E1A-AFDB-2AFFDEC27648.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	112139

Comment

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      You ARE so amazing. The colors and design are just so happy!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I love this color set. I am planning another soob

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I love this color set. I am planning another soon

Hello everyone!

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      ❤️❤️❤️

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a blessed morning and day!!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      DJM thank you

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	112216 Good Morning! There is nothing like waking up to thunder and lightning, but the cool weather that came with it is very welcome. I’m not sure what to work on today, I’m still a little sore from 3 days of painting, but so want to finish off room #2. It has slowed down my evening crafting time, but feels good to be moving forward on our apartment rehab. Must. Get. Moving.
    Last edited by PurlgirlButtons; Yesterday, 12:17 PM. Reason: eta picture
    Spin de Fleece Total Time: 29 hrs Total Grams: 567 Total Yards: 861
    Stashbuster MAL WTD 89/11/21: (+44) YTD: (+115)

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are painting, does that mean you are pretty close??

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      Not really, but things will move faster, hopefully, now. 3 more rooms to paint plus new window/door/baseboard trim. There is still some wiring/lighting, window/baseboard trim, kitchen counters, backsplash, and lastly, the new floors sanded and finished. And when that is all done...the hallways/entryways into the apartment need an overhaul. It's overwhelming, and especially for my husband who works long days.

Name:	ready for work 9-16-21.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	112208
    I've had some fun days carding, spinning, and knitting ... but now I need to switch back to writer mode for a while. *sigh*
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Oh man I miss making and painting ceramics!! I also miss the employee discount from when I worked at Duncan Ceramics in Clovis. Lol I don't have space for ceramics right now but I really should see if there's a place hereabouts where you can go make something on site like that. 💖

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣🤣🤣 That is hilarious! Great mug! 👍🏻

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that mug! I'm going to have to show my oldest son, he writes and I know he'd especially get a kick out of that. 😂

Dangit! I kept meaning to post a pic of my WIPs yesterday and kept getting distracted. I went from barely knitting at all for months to having way more things than I can reasonably work on at one time. I have 2 hats, 2 pair of socks, 2 gnomes, a blanket and a cardigan going. Not to mention UFOs packed away and things I add to as I have remnants and time like my 9 stitch throws.
    Natalie from Oklahoma

“The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.” – Robespierre

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -46 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! What ^ She said! Post pictures any day!

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      I don't have THAT many UFOs, but I did find it helpful to put up a list on my dry erase board, so I have to look at it every day! I also wrote down the needles and what bag they are in and put the list in my interchangeable needle case. This is so I don't lose my mind looking for them, or order more when I already have 2 pairs! I'm trying to be monogamous, so I feel like I accomplished something, but it is hard because I sometimes want something that doesn't require a lot of thought.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      PurlgirlButtons that's a great idea about keeping a list of what needles are where. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered new needles because a pair was stashed somewhere I couldn't remember. Lol
      DJM Char the lighting is terrible in here after dark but since I don't have anything finished I'll post my WIPs on Friday. Not the first (or last) time for me to be out of sync with everyone else. 😆

KnitsWithHorses I thought I would check for you to see if WIP pics work on Thursday. 🤣😂🤣😂

Here is a progress photo of my gnome quilt.

Name:	43010618-8154-4091-B901-643972E4315B.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	112294

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂😂😂 thanks Char and now I'm going to be contrary and post it on Friday. 😝 My RV has terrible lighting so night pictures don't work well.

Name:	gnomessm.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	112297Click image for larger version

Name:	lots of gnomes 1-1-19sm.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	112298Click image for larger version

Name:	gnomes on my computer 1-11-19sm.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	112299
    I was - um - a little obsessed with gnomes in the winter of 2018/2019. Here are a few of them. I'm not going to knit any more, because I know if I start again ... oh, boy. They are addictive!
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      They are so cute though!! 💕💕

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      They really are too cute, and I love that the beards are different stitch patterns. 🙂

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Too cute, and I agree some projects are addictive.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X