728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

October 2021 - Pumpkins!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my current WIPs, I'm still working on catching up on my temperature blanket. I was almost 3 months behind but now I'm only 3 weeks behind. I'm working up at my barn a lot this week so I'm working on a couple of small things I can carry up with me. Another tunisian pumpkin but making this one bigger. And a baby pumpkin hat. I haven't quite decided what I'll do at the top of the hat. Just kinda winging it. I've also done the math and made my notes for a pair of fall socks but I need to locate the yarn so I can cast on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211013_124841__01.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	115112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211012_201241__01.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	115113
    Natalie from Oklahoma

โ€œThe secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.โ€ โ€“ Robespierre

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -84 WTD +2
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 21

Comment

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      What sweet looking kittehs!! Your projects are lovely (that pumpkin is really cool!), but oh the fuzzy little angels!!! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Woolfan River and Danu say hello and thank you. ๐Ÿ˜

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses, hello and scritchies back to River and Danu! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm still working on Hats for Sailors. This is my latest, it's a slip-stitch mosaic design I am just working out on my own with a kind of chevron design. I am working out the decreases for the crown now to see if I can manage to continue the pattern through the decreases or not.

Name:	WIP 13 Oct.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	115126
    Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook, MeWe, and Wimkin

Oh SNAP โœจ we've got DUELLING ๐Ÿคบand SPEW at Fiberkind Wizarding School! ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Or try out the lvermorny FiberKind Campus

Comment

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I love how cool the emerald and black look together. I'm just really hoping I can get the decreases to work out right. ๐Ÿคž

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      It's really pretty! I can't think how you would decrease much without disrupting the pattern. On that kind of thing I usually do a pretty fast decrease and end up gathering it a bit at the top, if you get what I'm saying. Rather than going for a very smooth decrease? I'm probably not explaining it well. Lol I'm curious to see what you end up doing.

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I worked for a while last night trying various decrease patterns but wasn't feeling well so I went to bed early. I may try again after my meeting tonight or I may just do the top in a solid color instead, it really depends on how I feel after the meeting. ๐Ÿ™„

Hi all,

I know it's only October, but ...

I wanted to let you know that over at Fiberkind Wizarding School we are working on a Christmas gift exchange activity. Right now, we are gauging participation interest, and also which activity people are interested in. You do not need to be a FWS student to participate! Please come on over to the school and vote!

(The link will take you to the Harry Potter Group on Fiberkind.)
    Stashbuster 2021 WTD= +7; YTD= -23 (7/31/21)
    Oh SNAP โœจ we're DUELLING ๐Ÿคบ atFiberkind Wizarding School! Let's SPEW.

Comment

For my WIP Wednesday, I thought I would share my in progress mile-a-minute afghan. I am making this using some old Sayelle yarn that my grandmother bought at Pamida .. probably in the 80's.

Name:	1012211849a_2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	115148
      Stashbuster 2021 WTD= +7; YTD= -23 (7/31/21)
      Oh SNAP โœจ we're DUELLING ๐Ÿคบ atFiberkind Wizarding School! Let's SPEW.

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Char That would definitely be less tedious in my book. I may have to try that.

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder when sayelle was discontinued. I remember using it in the sixties, but not after that.

• Spice2s
        Spice2s commented
        Editing a comment
        I will probably do a join as you go when I do the black rounds.

I took a little break on the gloves to start a sweater, but I picked them back up yesterday and have finished the fingers on the second glove. also a try for the first cuff.

Name:	P1011211.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	115151

This is the sweater. just a simple top-down sweater with raglan shaping in lion brand homespun, color claret.

Name:	P1011219.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	115152

Comment

• Hellokitten
        Hellokitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your kitty!

• happyfox74
        happyfox74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Iโ€™m loving seeing all the furry babies on here ๐Ÿฅฐ I love when kitties with predominantly light colored faces have darker colored noses, adorable!

• Sommerfugl
        Sommerfugl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hellokitten and happyfox74 as a kitten the dark brown on her nose was a perfect diamond shape.

I finished the little hat. Not 100% happy with the result but it will work. Can't decide if I want to do a couple more of these since they are quick or get back to finishing my last couple of sailor hats.

Name:	IMG_20211013_205100__01.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	115181Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211013_204916__01.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	115182
      Natalie from Oklahoma

โ€œThe secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.โ€ โ€“ Robespierre

Comment

• Spice2s
        Spice2s commented
        Editing a comment
        so cute!

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— Adorable!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Aww thanks for the nice comments y'all. What a nice thing to wake up to. I love FiberKIND. ๐Ÿ’•

I made a couple crayon bags after work yesterday. trying to decide which process I like the best.

Name:	D56B2230-3FAA-49DD-A53B-E3F31B2D445C.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	115194
      Knitting is happening here! โค๏ธ

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD + 16; YTD +423
      Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

Today - gift card / money holders.

reusable! Iโ€™ll make some non holiday ones as well. Could hold ear buds, loyalty cards, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A6B98003-38A0-4E49-9AFB-5A0B2AADBDFA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	115222

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          PurlgirlButtons - Iโ€™m hoping they sell at the bazaar. I was thinking about selling all sorts of stuff on Etsy. If these donโ€™t sell well, they might act as a thank you. Lol

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          You put some of those on Etsy, I might have to buy some. I have teenagers to buy for. What else do you give teenaged boys except gift cards and money? ๐Ÿ˜†

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          KnitsWithHorses hmmmmmmmmm

Good Friday morning!!! I am looking forward to zooming with you this afternoon. I may hop on early in case anyone wants to come on early. We'll see how my morning customer goes. It is a return client, but a new clerk. Could take a bit.

I'm back on my vitamin D supplements, hoping those will help. I am going to need to keep better track of that.

What are you working on today?

Comment

I am working on a scarf, 80% finished. Started a pair of socks, no picture yet, as Iโ€™m still on the toes. This weekend I hope to get through some of my โ€œfor saleโ€ items for the craft bazaar on the 13th of November.
          Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD + 10, YTD + 12

Comment

I don't have any FOs except the little hat I shared yesterday so I'll show my progress on my temperature blanket and the fall socks I finally cast on. Had to get my notes down for the pattern and work out the math and then decide on colors. So the PLANNING is finished. ๐Ÿ˜ I think these may turn out really pretty. You never know when it's a new design though. Lol What it looks like in my head isn't always how it looks in the real world.
            I am only 10 days behind on my temperature blanket now Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211014_132824__02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.6 KB ID:	115259 . Summer was pretty boring to knit. ๐Ÿ˜† Thankfully today I'm back to adding some green and I'm pretty well done with the white for the year (temps near or over 100 either real or heat index.)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211015_090337__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.5 KB ID:	115260
            Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
              Editing a comment
              Correction, I forgot that it was 97 and 98 last Friday and Saturday. Jumped 12 degrees from Thursday to Friday. So at least two more rows of white. I imagine that will be the last of that though.

• Sommerfugl
              Sommerfugl commented
              Editing a comment
              These both look great!
              I love the colors you chose for the socks. I look forward to seeing them develop.

• KnitsWithHorses
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Sommerfugl ๐Ÿ˜Š

See you all in a couple of weeks! Hubs and I are heading across country on the train, Michigan to California. Will visit with friends out there for a few days. We've got a sleeper car! I have two huge skeins of yarn all balled up and ready to knit into shawls. Taking my camera too. I'll post some photos when I can. It's so exciterating!
            Spinner of Yarns
            Author and Fiber Artist
            Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• lovestostitch
              lovestostitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Have a great time!

• Pegg Thomas
              Pegg Thomas commented
              Editing a comment
              Hellokitten We were in Lancaster, CA.

• Hellokitten
              Hellokitten commented
              Editing a comment
              @PeggThomas Ah, we are way north of there. About 90 miles north of Sacramento. Oh well.

Yay! I have a Finished Friday project to show. It's been awhile! I'm continuing my stashbusting with this Tunisian Waves blanket.

Name:	PXL_20211015_174112063.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	115276
            Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD +8/YTD -352 (2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
            Book Challenge 22/30 (2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
            Crochet Is My Yoga

Comment

• DJM
              DJM commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome!!

• Sommerfugl
              Sommerfugl commented
              Editing a comment
              This is beautiful! How big is it?

• TexasPurl
              TexasPurl commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks everyone!

Sommerfugl ~ 50 x 36. A good size for a lap throw I think.

Probably won't be able to jump on the Zoom today. We came home from the Cape and we have a phone appointment we are waiting for. I didn't get any knitting done this week and I was kind of looking forward to it, but I did accomplish my painting goals and we did a few other things at the cottage, so it's all good and I will have the house to myself tonight, so I can knit away!
            The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time. -SpongeBob SquarePants

Comment

Well, I'm a little late for FO Friday, but today has been a crappy day...literally! We have a cat who just turned 15 and she recently decided to stop using her cat box and instead hide her business somewhere in my room. We finally figured out that she is doing it behind my bed, my extremely heavy platform bed that is in a corner and next to impossible to move. We probably would have figured out where she was hiding it faster but we honestly didn't think she could even get behind there! Given that the smell in my room has gotten unbearable, it was not something that could be put off once we located the source. So my son and I spent the afternoon moving everything we could, and as soon as my brother got home from work, he and my son spend the evening moving the bed, cleaning up the horrible mess, moving the bed back, and then constructing a barrier to prevent her from getting back there anymore. We've moved her cat box into a more secluded location (she seems to be unhappy with hers being in the same room as the other cat all the sudden) and if that doesn't fix the problem, we're going to have to take her to the vet to make sure there is nothing physically wrong with her. I finished my black and emerald chevron hat last night, after spending about 8 hours trying to manage to get the pattern to work with the crown decreases and failing miserably. I think it turned out nice, even without continuing the pattern to the top. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Name:	Black and Emerald Ripple Chevron Hat.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	115301
              Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook, MeWe, and Wimkin

Oh SNAP โœจ we've got DUELLING ๐Ÿคบand SPEW at Fiberkind Wizarding School! ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Or try out the lvermorny FiberKind Campus

Comment

• Nyssareen
                Nyssareen commented
                Editing a comment
                Char She's doing okay, but she's very upset at not being able to access her favorite hiding place. She spent most of the morning wandering around my room howling in distress and it broke my heart to see her so upset, but she did use the cat box! ๐Ÿฅณ We put a covered bed in my closet for her and she stayed in there for a bit, but she's mostly been hiding out under my chair. She was a rescue who had been starved and abused when we got her as a kitten, so she's always been skittish, but she's very upset today because of all the changes. If I can get her to come cuddle with me, I'll have to get a picture of her, she's a very pretty little old lady. ๐Ÿงก

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Nyssareen I hope she comes for some comfort cuddles soon!

• KnitsWithHorses
                Editing a comment
                The hat came out beautiful! I think that looks way nicer than it would have liked trying to figure around with decreases in such a geometric type pattern. I hope your kitty is okay. I had an older cat that had been through a lot before we got her and she was really funny about things being a particular way and anytime a new animal was brought to the farm she would get so pissy for a while. She was a mess but I still miss her.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
            X