728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

November - ๐Ÿ leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My major accomplishment of the day was getting to our DMV and getting a Real ID and renewing my driver's license. My license expired in July 2020 but the state kept extending the expiration date because of Covid. The latest date was In January but I discovered I couldn't buy the good decongestants without a "valid" driver's license. Whoever controls the rules on decongestants says extended expirations don't count. Home Depot also wouldn't rent a post hole digger to my husband who also has an extended license.

Thank goodness Illinois instituted appointments and I have to say it went more quickly than any previous visit. It's nice to have that job done.

Now it's time to work on these thrummed mittens. This is the second one. I've learned to knit them inside out to prevent the thrums from tangling together. It's good for the thrums next to each other to tangle but not one side to the other! It's not a fun knit for me so I have to force myself to work on them. They are for my daughter so I won't give up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F1E5F85B-8C12-4F9F-82A7-F38CDDFB9909.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	118178
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you got the DMV business taken care of! Cute mitten!!!

I have an infection in my tongue. That is enough for now. LOL

Grrrrrr
    Knitting is happening here! โค๏ธ

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD zero YTD +423
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• crosstitchlinda
      crosstitchlinda commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry to hear about your tongue, get well soon

• Penguin_Lass
      Penguin_Lass commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yuck. I once bite the inside of my cheek in my sleep. Mouthwash is not kind. Yep I found out I cut my inside cheek when I used the lysterin the next morning.

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! Seven years ago, right before Thanksgiving, I ended up with a blocked saliva gland that got badly infected (as an extra gift from Lupus, I have Sjรถgren's, which means I don't produce enough saliva and am prone to blocked ducts). It had to be drained twice and I was so sick and miserable my two teenage sons and bachelor brother had to figure out how to cook Thanksgiving dinner when I was not only miserable and sleeping a lot, but also unable to speak. I hope your tongue gets better quickly and you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

I am thankful for the community here!

Name:	TurkeyDay.png
Views:	58
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	118202
    ๐Ÿค“
    Currently Reading: Blood Bound ๐Ÿ“–
    Join us at WIZARDING SCHOOL ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Blog: A Knit Hope โ˜•

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the hat!!!

And the sentiment is mutual.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it!!

I am thankful for โ€œmyโ€ FiberKind family. I know my name is on the paperwork, but without all of you, there wouldnโ€™t be any FiberKind.

I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, and are able to spend it with family and friends.

My home will be blessed with my in-laws, and a close family of friends who would otherwise go to her parents, but they have tested positive for COVID. Please keep them in your prayers. (I believe they are well, maybe lightly symptomatic, but quarantined all the same.)

If my tongue isnโ€™t feeling better, this will be my thanksgiving dinner. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Click image for larger version  Name:	1810F300-FBFC-4AC8-A8BE-2DB5B5DF27F8.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	118206
    Knitting is happening here! โค๏ธ

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD zero YTD +423
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Thanksgiving.
      I am so thankful for FiberKind and the extremely helpful people on here. Since joining I have learned a lot of new things. And...have been encouraged along the way, when I needed it.
      You are all awesome.
      Thank you.
      Whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving...or not...I hope you all have a fantastic day.

• Spice2s
      Spice2s commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like a good dinner regardless of the state of your mouth! I love pumpkin pie with my cool whip

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so grateful for you for doing all the "paperwork" so we have this great community to be a part of! โค๏ธ

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	TG2021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	118219Click image for larger version  Name:	foodcoma.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	118220
      I'd like to say - I'd like to be - all about the first meme. But truth be told ... there's a lot of "me" in that second one.
      Spinner of Yarns
      Author and Fiber Artist
      Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        It's safe to say a combination of both are appropriate for me.

Happy Thanksgiving all

We have our Thanksgiving meal at noon, so the 'festivities' are all done. It was just the four of us with Joel's girlfriend as well. A simple dinner of turkey breast with some sides. More than enough food for a whole 'nother meal !

DS2's girlfriend made pumpkin cupcakes and apple crisp and she played some games with me this afternoon as well. It's one of only a couple days a year where my family will play games with me. DS1 and myself and her played a homemade version of Sorry marbles. and then She and I played a mixed up version of SkipBo / Spite n Malice .. although I'm sure I messed up the rules on that one, but we had fun anyway.

And then I put Color Street nails on her and myself. So we are matching now

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211125_145107.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.6 KB ID:	118232

My recent crochet project is doing the Charlotte's Universe CAL which was released earlier this year. My mom's name was Charlotte and she passed in May this year, so I thought it was appropriate to use some of her Acrylic stash to make this CAL. So far I have parts 1 - 4 finished.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211122_195007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	118231
      Visit my Blog: http://tmskquilt.blogspot.com

Oh SNAP โœจ we're DUELLING ๐Ÿคบ atFiberkind Wizarding School!
      Let's SPEW.

Comment

• TexasPurl
        TexasPurl commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a wonderful day!
        I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Charlotte's Universe will be beautiful using her stash. ๐Ÿ’—

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My husband and I had a quiet Thanksgiving with simple turkey dinner. We didn't make lots of sides for just the two of us but we had the basics - turkey, potatoes, gravy, glazed carrots and cranberry-orange sauce. We had Delicata (an orange fleshed squash) Maple Custard pie for dessert.

After dinner we played a fun game of Scrabble.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving a little late, everyone! I spent all day yesterday and today in the kitchen and was up at my brother's house from 1 PM on. It was smaller those year than usual, just 8 of us, where we normally have closer to 15, since a couple of the families have moved away from the area in the last year. It was still a lovely day and a great meal! I shared a picture of my beautiful banana chocolate cream pie, which was a new recipe this year that was extremely well received. My son and I watched the 1978 animated Lord of the Rings movie when we got home and had a blast laughing at it's weirdness! Now I'll going to cuddle up in bed and watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles before I go to sleep.

Name:	FB_IMG_16379079697214752.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	118247Click image for larger version

Name:	20211125_191019.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	118248
        Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook and MeWe

Oh SNAP โœจ we're DUELLING ๐Ÿคบand more at Fiberkind Wizarding School! ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Or try out the lvermorny Campus

Comment

• TexasPurl
          TexasPurl commented
          Editing a comment
          A good day indeed!

Wow, it sounds like everyone had a wonderful, filling, day with friends and family.

We went to my cousins house, who said it was going to be a very small gathering this year. Boy was he wrong, his ex in-laws and ex aunt and uncle came, along with more of the family we didn't expect. We found out a family member was recently deployed to Kuwait, however we were able to do a quick facetime with her. Came home full of family and friends, what a great feeling and a reminder of what the true meaning of the day is to us.

Comment

• TexasPurl
          TexasPurl commented
          Editing a comment
          Unexpected guests can certainly make for more fun! Glad you all had a wonderful day!

I did a traditional turkey dinner (for us). I had an 8 pound organic turkey and then purchased a turkey breast that was just as big, since we were having my Son and his wife, and my daughter and her crew all over for dinner. We had turkey, dressing, home made cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, mashed white potatoes and sweet potatoes, corn and oh yes I forgot to make the sauteed brussels sprouts. For dessert there was Apple, pumpkin and chocolate cream pies and I made pumpkin custard for myself.

I sent the turkey carcass home with my daughter who will make broth from the bones and I split the pies with her.

Today is my granddaughters birthday so we will go over there for lunch.
        Linda
        2021 Stasbusting week ending 10/30 WTD = 0 YTD = +58
        2020 Stash busted +160
        Book Challenge 196/200; 42 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
        The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Nyssareen
          Nyssareen commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds great! My daughter-in-law would have loved to have the sauteed brussels sprouts! ๐Ÿ˜‹

• crosstitchlinda
          crosstitchlinda commented
          Editing a comment
          I really like them, I saute them in a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, YUM.

• Nyssareen
          Nyssareen commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that's what we like too!

For Finished Object Friday, I finished a couple of charity scarves - all my charity items were delivered earlier this week, forgot to take pictures. Also completed this hat & cowl set to be held for the craft bazaar.

Name:	5971DBD1-D6BF-4016-94A6-A388E9E6E46E.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	118269
        Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD - 3, YTD + 36

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful color! Is that woolike?

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Char - nope, not Woolike, itโ€™s Brava Sport, forget the nameโ€ฆ..

I've always thought that Thanksgiving is the hardest meal to serve. Getting all those dishes ready to go at the same time is a challenge for the best of cooks. I chuckled when crosstitchlinda shared that she forgot to saute the brussel sprouts because it reminded me of my mother's "Burn & Serves." We gave her "Brown & Serve" rolls this name because she would always be so busy getting everything ready that she would forget the rolls were in the oven.

Comment

For this Friday, I am continuing my hat spree and made another of the stained glass spiral hats as part of my best friend's Christmas present. Her favorite color is "zebra" so I found some grey and black variegated yarn and combined it with white to wonderful effect! I made it longer than usual since I know she prefers slouchy hats to typical beanies. I am still debating whether to make a pom pom from the same yarn as the hat, make one using the fur yarn in the last pic (the color of the fur yarn didn't come out great in any of the pics I took since it is black at the base and white at the tips), or buy a fur pom pom for it. I know my friend likes fur, so she would like one of the fur options, but I'm not sure I want to attempt to make one from the fur yarn or if I want to try to locate one that will be the right colors without having to physically go to the store. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Name:	Patty's Dalmation White Stained Glass Spiral Slouchy Hat 23 Nov 21.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	118297Click image for larger version

Name:	Patty's Dalmation White Stained Glass Spiral Slouchy Hat on form 23 Nov 21.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	118298Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur with hat.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	118299

Comment

• DJM
            DJM commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!!!!!

Oh, I mentioned it in today's Zoom chat and I think I said something about it when I posted about my son's hat, but didn't go into detail. After 5 years living in my basement plus the last year living in my main living room (since my son couldn't get up and down the stairs), my oldest son and his wife are now officially moved out of my house! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ They were only supposed to be here for 6 months after they first got married, but with one thing and another, it kept not happening. They've moved about 60 miles away, but it's actually closer to my dil's work, they can actually afford it (which is nearly impossible in the town I'm in atm ๐Ÿ˜ณ), it's one level, and they could take their cat with them, so it is a win all around! They started moving out 2 weeks ago and they will be taking their last couple boxes when they come down on Tuesday. Once they have those boxes, my brother can actually move back into the house he pays most of the bills for, rather than living in the garage where he's been for quite a few years now! As much as I love my son and dil, I am thrilled that they finally have their own place and are no longer in mine!

As an added bonus, I remember vividly how much smarter my own mother got when I moved out of her home and hoped that I might have a similar sudden increase in intelligence when my son moved out and I was proven correct! Due to my dil's work schedule, they couldn't come down here for Thanksgiving, so they did it on their own, in their own place for the first time. My son, as the primary cook, called me a full 25 times from Tuesday to Thursday asking how to do this or that and actually THANKED me! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฃ I really am happy for them, my son is almost 25 and this is the first time he's left home, so he was REALLY freaked out for a while. I know it will be an adjustment, but I know they're going to do great and I'm so proud of him for doing it. โค๏ธ

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X