728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

January 2022 ๐Ÿ›ธ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still working on the baby blanket I posted last week and just finished Ryley's sweater which I'll hopefully get a photo of before Friday. But what I'm working on at this moment is what you get a photo of. Lol I'm making a pair of socks and it's supposed to be "something new to me" so I'm doing it in mosaic color work (mosaic isn't new to me but using it on socks is) and I'm going to do a different type of heel than in usually do. I'm a FLK heel girl, all the way, occasionally an afterthought heel. But I'll be doing a toe up version of gusset and flap on this pair. I'm hoping the mosaic color work will make these nice and warm for winter without an irritating texture on the part I walk on. Does anyone else have an issue with that? I don't usually tolerate texture on the soul but this isn't really textured so much as layered, if that makes sense. I'll include a photo of the inside.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220112_090525__01__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	121690
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220112_091942__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.0 KB ID:	121691
    Natalie from Oklahoma

โ€œWhen the whole world is running toward a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." C.S. Lewis

Stashbuster MAL 2022 YTD -6 WTD -8
    2022 40 New-to-me Books: 4

Comment

• happyfox74
      happyfox74 commented
      Editing a comment
      I havenโ€™t done colorwork on socks so Iโ€™m of no help on your question ๐Ÿ˜‰ but they sure are pretty ๐Ÿคฉ

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been told those with princess soles will find the lumps irritating. I love the purple you are using!

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done mosaic socks but I didn't do mosaic on the bottom. When I did it, I was only knitting with one color at a time so the bottom ended up striped. I'll dig out a pair and post a picture.

My WIP for this week is this pair of socks. KP Felici in โ€œAuggieโ€. Iโ€™m not sure, but I may leave them short to be summer socks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	86FC9EAF-8A13-426F-A96A-A4E01317A06B.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	121707
    Kathie from Indiana

2022 Stashbuster: WTD - 46, YTD - 31
    2021 Stashbuster: YTD +41

Comment

Name:	1F4D3553-EB77-4D5D-88E0-DADEBA749136.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	121711

KnitsWithHorses - Here is a pair of "Ugly Ducklings" with the mosaic on top and stripes on the bottom.
      Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        KnitsWithHorses commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally could have done that in these socks but literally didn't even think of it. Lol

These are the WIPs I am bringing with me to the retreat this weekend. Iโ€™m not bringing anything new - so hopefully I will be motivated to stay on task.

Name:	D750E82E-3B48-4911-86EE-821377E0AB0E.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	121713

Name:	B673F1B8-9C03-4B81-8E60-4FC65B11F347.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	121714

Name:	C5F28F6E-60F1-4C04-932A-B14E10D30D58.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	121715
      Oops - I missed one. Well, four WIPs. Weโ€™ll see how many I can convert to finished tops ready to be quilted when I am back home.
      Quilting is happening here! โค๏ธ

Stashbuster MAL 2022: WTD 0; YTD 0
      Stashbuster MAL 2021: +435
      Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

Here are the welcome bags I put together

Name:	F68B02A8-9F5C-4654-8E53-AE3C60D32C0D.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	121717

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

• DJM
          DJM commented
          Editing a comment
          So pretty

• Sjuly
          Sjuly commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet

Sweater joined under arms and worked about 5โ€ used up a skein.
        cable scarf used up the taupe yarn with 3/4 of a color block. My husband with an engineering degree didnโ€™t see the problem so as long as I donโ€™t show it to a pharmacist should be fine ๐Ÿ˜†
        going to cast on a hat to reward myself for achieving this weekโ€™s two goals
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	121724 WIP Wednesday
        Attached Files

Comment

• happyfox74
          happyfox74 commented
          Editing a comment
          Way to go on getting some goals achieved this week! It always feels great afterwards ๐Ÿ˜ What hat are you casting on?

Name:	813D5023-75FE-4910-995B-40AA05AAB03D.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	121729

I frogged a pair of socks that I had made that were just too tight. I reknit them and made the leg shorter so I would have enough yarn but it wasn't enough. Since I dyed the yarn, I'm going to try a dip dyeing of the naked toes after I get the second one knit.
        Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

Thanks for posting so many pictures of your Wips everyone. They are all lovely.
          Seems like a lot of you are on a sock making adventure this week.

I forgot to grab my craft on the way out to the doctors. Thankfully, I had a book on my phone app.
          Really need to remember to put something in the car...
          I had 4 almost 5 different docs/people to see yesterday. I am giving myself a break for forgetting a project.

I started a simple cozy blanket last night while watching 'Death on the Nile'. The older one with Sir David Suchet.
          โ€œIt is a queer thing. In a time of great need, when powerful leadership is demanded, the peopleโ€”confused and excitedโ€”hear only the strident voices of the audacious, and refuse to listen to the voice of wisdom which, being wise, is temperate.โ€
          โ€• Lloyd C. Douglas, The Robe

2021 Book Challenge 0/50
          2021 Stash Busting WTD +42 YTD +42

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
            Editing a comment
            They sounds like a long, tiring day to me. Thank goodness for the book!
            By the way, I love your quotation. So true and so relevant today.

Hellokitten
          Are you feeling better?
          ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ‹โ˜•
          โ€œIt is a queer thing. In a time of great need, when powerful leadership is demanded, the peopleโ€”confused and excitedโ€”hear only the strident voices of the audacious, and refuse to listen to the voice of wisdom which, being wise, is temperate.โ€
          โ€• Lloyd C. Douglas, The Robe

2021 Book Challenge 0/50
          2021 Stash Busting WTD +42 YTD +42

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Has anyone see her lately?

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, yes. Feeling fine again.

Here is a photo of Ryley's completed sweater/coat. Today is her Mama's birthday so they will both get a surprise this evening. I'll post a photo of her wearing it as soon as I can get one. I'm sure it will look better on her than on my bed. Lol

Meanwhile, we are all praying for my son. He is in Salt Lake City for work and is sick. I have a bad feeling he has Covid. He is fully vaccinated but he got his pretty early on because he is quite at high risk with Covid. He hasn't gotten a booster yet. He is going to urgent care.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220112_173721__01__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	121790
          Natalie from Oklahoma

โ€œWhen the whole world is running toward a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." C.S. Lewis

Comment

• MBearMakes
            MBearMakes commented
            Editing a comment
            KnitsWithHorses I'm glad that he is getting better, and Nyssareen I hope that everyone continues to improve! The effects of this thing are so variable!

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm relieved to hear everyone is recovering.

It's going thru everyone like a giant wave. I think that's a good thing actually.

The shots really don't stop omicron. I was vaccinated but caught Delta last summer and Omicron last week. I didn't get very sick. In September of 2020 I was very ill for a month. Then it morphed into polymyalgia. I got my shots in there the following spring. I'm not going to get the booster.

• KnitsWithHorses
            Editing a comment
            Hellokitten You've been thru the mill! I got Covid really early on early in 2020 after my daughter's went to Florida. It got really bad and I was sick for nearly a month and I've been dealing with what is referred to as long covid. But I'm not vaccinated and won't be. I have a blood clotting disorder so it's not worth the risk for me.

I made this pretty head to hook, but I feel like I've seen it before.
          I've looked through my previous doily projects and have nothing similar.
          Though I see so many doilies when working with my magazines.

Name:	Widows Lair.png
Views:	61
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	121829
          Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD +16/YTD +25 (2021 -288)(2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
          Book Challenge 0/30 (2021-26)(2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
          Crochet Is My Yoga

Comment

• Nyssareen
            Nyssareen commented
            Editing a comment
            That is so beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜

• TexasPurl
            TexasPurl commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

• MBearMakes
            MBearMakes commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, so delicate and lovely! I'm amazed that you did this without a pattern!

I got a photo of Ryley wearing her sweater. I warned y'all about the goofy expression. Girl does not like photos. Although she is the queen of duck lips selfies. Lol Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1057070011817340.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	121884
          Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
            Editing a comment
            Pegg Thomas Ah that explains it! I didn't realize you were that far north. There is a gal on Tik Tok up there that is hilarious! She freezes things in her yard to demonstrate to us down here just how cold it really is. She froze her families jeans and it looked like some kind of modern art.

• Pegg Thomas
            Pegg Thomas commented
            Editing a comment
            KnitsWithHorses, yeah, a lot of people don't realize that we're farther north than Toronto, Canada. When hubby and I move in a year or so, we'll be farther north than Montreal! People think "Michigan" and "Detroit" are the same thing. Detroit is practically in Ohio.

• hereami
            hereami commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful sweater.
            She is doing a great job modeling ...lol... looks just like the other ones I see. Disinterested posture, Garment clearly in view. Perfect!

I hit the stash again for my first socks of 2022!

Comment

• MBearMakes
            MBearMakes commented
            Editing a comment
            Those look so cozy! And nice and bright for dark winter...at least it's dark here!

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            Do crocheted socks have the elasticity of knitted socks?

• Lemming13
            Lemming13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hellokitten Not quite as elastic, but the mock rib I used for these means they are suitable for diabetics and sufferers of DVT while not dropping off your feet. The feet don't stretch much but there is a bit of give.

Well this is a mystery! Sorry for the long story but I had to share this weirdness! I found another UFO that I can actually finish this month. I know the blankets aren't gonna happen that quickly but this is a pair of toddler socks that I started during the summer. But here's the weird thing... I remember clearly when I lost this project because it was in my yarn bowl so I was upset about it. My daughter and I had been sitting in the sunshine up by the barn letting the horse free range. We did that a lot this summer. Now the barn is not really a cluttered space. There are tools hanging on the walls, some bicycles, shelves and drawers with tools and supplies and a table and chairs with my swift and ball winder. When the project disappeared while I was just on a potty run to the house, the first thing I did was check the barn. When it didn't turn up, the next day I had Harmoni look inside and outside of the barn to make sure I didn't miss it in plain sight. (Not that this EVER happens... ๐Ÿ™„) Nope. Nothing. I've been in and out of that barn 50 times at least since then as my yarn totes are stacked in there by the table. Suddenly yesterday I walked into the barn and there it was, on the table, by my swift in plain sight. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Did I mention this barn stays locked at all times? I have the only key.
          Anyway, this is next on my list of finishing off UFOs this month.
          Also, does anyone recognize the needle? The needles are a lot like Chiagoo lace tips but the cord is not at all. It's one of my older needles so I don't recall at all but it's a great needle.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220115_125719__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	121926
          Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

• Nyssareen
            Nyssareen commented
            Editing a comment
            I could totally see myself looking right past something like that for weeks. But I can also see my kids (especially my oldest!) climbing in through a window and moving it just to mess with me! I would definitely investigate whether someone could have climbed in through a window or something and moved it just to make you think you were nuts! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• KnitsWithHorses
            Editing a comment
            lovestostitch The windows have fixed metal shutters.
            Nyssareen my daughter's know better than to mess with my knitting. Now if my son had been around, he would totally do that! And so would my teenaged grandsons. But none of them have been our here for at least a month.
            Now we do have a vandal out here. Pretty sure I know who. And I personally believe there is a homeless person living in abandoned buildings out in this area. And my barn was one of those until three years ago. We would go in and the horses cookies (our horse loves animal cracker cookies) would be gone or a pair of warm slippers I left up there. I started leaving things like granola bars and hand warmers in a chair outside but locking the barn. I put an old afghan out last month and it was gone next morning so I guess he's still around.
            But the vandal is a different thing altogether. Pretty sure he's a teenager from down the road but I have no proof. He did NOT like that we bought this place. I've found beer cans full of bb holes and cigarette butts and other smoking paraphernalia... ๐Ÿ™„ On the side of the property that meets theirs. And he gives us dirty looks any time he sees us. I don't believe it's the same person. It's a different side of the property and we've had the fences tampered with, the horse turned loose multiple times, the dog run gate cut open, a bucket of poop dumped in the driveway and shaving cream sprayed on the bed in the tiny house/shed when nobody was staying in it.
            If one of these guys had figured out a way into the barn, the homeless guy would have kept it if it interested him. Or her I suppose! The kid would have cut it up or thrown mud on it or something.
            By the way, the horse stopped getting turned loose after I had a chat with the man who the kids parents are buying their land from. Total coincidence that I mentioned it to him. Rhiannon ended up in his field and he came out to chat and admire her and I told him someone was cutting the fence or tampering with the gate to let her loose. He glanced toward the kids place and I said, "Yeah I think there's a kid around here that liked having that place empty." He just said, "Hmmm." But the horse hasn't been cut loose since. Need to tell him about the other stuff maybe.

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            Clearly you have gremlins or elves or somesuch.

A vandal would have pulled out all the stitching.

Well, my UFO only weekend didnโ€™t go so well. I used my other sewing machine to start, and apparently the 1/4โ€ seem was quite a bit different.

So - Iโ€™m second guessing the other projects here. Maybe tomorrow will be different but for today, maybe this will brighten my spirits.

Name:	C72D1DF6-F2D0-4058-833C-E98DC2334BFC.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	121942

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse