This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

June 2020 Chatter ☀️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2020 Chatter ☀️

Here is a thread for June 2020 Chatter. Here in the northern hemisphere we are getting into our Summer season, hoping our friends in the summer season have a warm winter. I'm thinking I need to go pick some fresh strawberries. I think our local orchard should have fresh berries this week. Maybe I'll make some freezer jam.

I hope this all finds you safe and well! Craft on!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +2: YTD -273

Does anyone have birthdays this month? Please let me know (here or PM) as I would like to recognize your special day.

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh - FiberKind turns 1 this month!!!

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday, FiberKind!

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many happy returns, Fiberkind!

My mom used to take us strawberry picking at a popular local farm. We'd go very early in the morning, before the heat of the day. Then we'd spend the rest of the day cleaning and cutting the berries (and sampling a few), to help prepare them as she made the sweet and fragrant sure-jell freezer jam.

As a mom myself, we did that maybe twice. I found my family loves the jam, but actually prefers the berries in their natural state. Which is great... less work for me, less sugar for all... still great berry-picking memories... at the same you-pick farm!

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Freezing strawberries is ridiculously easy. I destem them, then rinse and freeze. I have a small strawberry patch so this is the easiest way to preserve the few I pick each day.

Of course that's assuming they even made it into the house!

Good morning all. Welcome to Meteorological Summer! We grew up with grapevines surrounding the front and side of our yard. We had gorgeous fat blue grapes that we made into grape jelly. Boy do I miss those grapes. We started off the day in the low 30's but with sunshine. Have a wonderful crafty week and month.

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh - must have smelled wonderful during the right times of the year.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      The yard did smell awesome!!

We have gone from winter straight into summer, it's hard to believe that just a week ago we had snow on the ground! On Thursday I was able to get about 3 acres of grass mowed. It was nice to get out and do something but the next day I regretted all the bouncing around and also being out in the tree pollen. We have at least 250 pine trees on our property and they are all spitting heavy clouds of yellow pollen, I can't hardly breath let alone smell any flowers blooming. Now I'm already missing that snow!

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm allergic to pine pollen. When there is a forest fire it really affects me if it's pine. Asthma. Other wood, no problem.

We used to go picking blackberries for jam, until we got a car and could go further afield for bilberries. Now I grow my own plums and raspberries, and they fruit so heavily I end up giving away pounds of it. In return I have a friend who makes amazing plum chutney, another who does raspberry wine, and one who does jam with both. All I have to do is pick it!

All the same, it's too hot for me already. With the lockdown it feels stifling, when it probably is no worse than last year. But last year I could go out with my kids to places like Trentham Gardens and Westport Lake, and enjoy the open air. Now I can't even meet my son for our weekly chat; we haven't met face to face in months. Never mind, at least none of us have been even slightly ill...

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I do hope you are able to get out soon. The porch visits I've had have really been uplifting. I understand what you mean about missing family.

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the UK, Stoke on Trent to be exact; I didn't think the lockdown was the right way to go but I've stuck to it. I just hope they lift it soon.

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally understand. I'm so ready to be done with this.

I just finished these two scarves last night. They will be for Christmas Gifts. Yes, I am starting early this year, as I have quite a list of things I'd like to make for family and friends.

Today it will get up to 90°, so I'm guessing we will be relaxing in the air conditioning. Have a great day!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200602_072241550.jpg Views:	7 Size:	211.9 KB ID:	56046
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD +9 YTD +180

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful scarves.

Oh, thanks for reminding me about Christmas. It's only six months away, people! Time to get organized.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the color and texture of these scarves.

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, FreedomLover Hellokitten and DJM !!!

Jusy started this simple garter stitch shawl this morning. I'm anxious to see how this yarn works up. I'm using a Lion Brand Pattern made for this yarn, called "Easy Shaped Shawl"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200602_104725974.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	56056
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the gray-black-white colorway!

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, it doesn’t look like much, but I agree with you qfknit the yarn is beautiful 😊

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      For some reason the yarn did not drape well with this pattern. I frogged it and I’m making a plain garter crescent, my own pattern.

Good morning - just in case you missed it, I'm hoping folks will join me in making pieces to assemble a blanket for FiberKind's first birthday.

FiberKind's First Birthday

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Count me in!!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Char and whoever the idea came from, it's a GREAT idea!

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      My piece will likely be knit in Red Heart's Super Saver yarn, in the colorway "Americana"... patriotic red, white, and blue.

I had a thought to dress up my terra cotta pots, well actually the saucers. I had some light weight cotton, not enough to do much else with. So here is my terra cotta cozy, made 4 of them.. Had enough yarn left top make This small table topper.

Name:	IMG_20200603_172147511.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	56324Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200603_172223478.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	56325 ​​​​​​​
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great idea!

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      What a fun idea... practical, too!

Good morning! It's another hot day, but cloudy day. Hoping for a. Little more rain for our new grass.

Today I have nothing planned, probably a little housework, and hoping to be able to walk outdoors.

Hoping to complete my baby blanket this week, so I will at least get the strips all put together.

We woke up to all of God's Glory this morning, had to share it with you all! Have a. Great day 😊

Name:	IMG_20200604_060637552.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	56343
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!! Have a wonderful day.

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning sunshine!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      What a glorious picture, thanks for sharing.

I'm working on this summer top.
    The yarn is 'Lion Brand Ombre Life' in colorway 'date night' I'm using two cakes alternating every two rows to get one long smooth gradient.

Name:	P1010190 good .JPG
Views:	119
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	56439

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      That's going to be a beauty!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, what a beauty.

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you knitter131, pinesprairie, DJM, TexasPurl and FreedomLover !
      I"m loving the gradient effect you get with this yarn. The construction is in four separate untwisted plys like the 'its a wrap' yarn but without any knots at all so far. Sadly it has already been discontinued by LionBrand.

Good morning, everyone! I'm looking forward to a porch visit with Char this morning, it's been way too long for my liking. We make it early, before it gets too hot.

I finished leaving my baby blanket, and all that's left is the border. Not sure if I will just do a couple single crochet rounds or maybe a shell. Hopefully I will finish today.

I started a pair of purple summer shorties socks, they are a modification of a pattern called "Fish Scales" made toe up.

Other than a grocery delivery and watering the grass later, it will be a quiet day.

Name:	IMG_20200605_071140228.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	56479 ​​​​​​​
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      These are going to be a fun pair of socks. Enjoy your visit, mother/daughter time is priceless.

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful yarn, beautiful pattern, beautiful match!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like the way this pair is coming out! You do nice work!

Good Friday morning all!!!

I've been busy at work this week, but have been weaving my daughter's wedding wrap. I had enough warp left to make a "mommy and me" wrap for my grand daughter as well. I am excited to finish these so I can post pictures. They are a mixture of blues, and have sparkles in them.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Stay kind, and craft on!

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure your granddaughter will love that.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see the finished project. It will make them both an awesome heirloom.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww! It's nice that your grand daughter will have one as well, that makes it even more special!

Finished my baby blanket today. I'm pretty happy with the finished product. On to another baby afghan 😊. The 2nd photo is half of the blanket.

Name:	IMG_20200605_165429203.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	56624Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200605_165402266.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	56625
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great. I love baby colors. Makes me want to snuggle a baby.

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, lovestostitch 😀😀

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse