LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

July 2020 Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2020 Chatter

July is the month those of us in America celebrate our Independence Day. Please take a moment to remember how important our freedoms are.

Wherever you are, please be safe and stay healthy.

Ok - now time to Chatter away!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -20; YTD -276

Good morning all and happy July!

I finished, washed and dried the blanket last night. All ready for Friday. Now back to the hexagon blanket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BBF61A5-8EE6-47D0-8BC8-0EA9C97FCA2C.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	59802

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful gift!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is beautiful, just perfect for the happy occasion.

• KnittingNana
      KnittingNana commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the look. What stitch did you use for the join?

Just finished this granny baby blanket, another of my large projects finished. Used DK yarn, and slip stitched the squares together. It’s not wet blocked yet, but the picture was taken outdoors in the sun, so the colors are true.

Name:	7974C23E-4858-4589-9E3B-E677D74491AC.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	59819Click image for larger version

Name:	6B907CA1-4E1E-40E1-8971-C51E1A6D6539.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	59820
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD - 24, YTD + 67

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Super cute. Such great colors.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is such a happy blanket, parents will love wrapping their baby in this.

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, everyone!

My Wednesday WIP is the star baby blanket. I expect I will complete the blue Section, do another green, and maybe another variegated. We’ll see how big it gets.

Name:	D0037BDB-2BAE-4C9D-9A2C-D18D6C010537.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	59837
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

I canned 6 quarts of dill pickles last night. That was my activity, ha. I can't sit long periods of time because apparently I bruised or cracked my thigh bone a week ago when I tripped and landed on a cement pathway. It is healing slowly but surely.

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch! I'm glad you're feeling better, do take care of yourself. I'm sure your family visit is good medicine for you.

• Monstermomt
      Monstermomt commented
      Editing a comment
      I broke my leg/femur April 24. I'm just now trying to get around on one crutch. They put a metal rod through the bone and a couple of screws.

• KnittingNana
      KnittingNana commented
      Editing a comment
      How are you feeling?

I'm working on finishing one grands blanket while planning the next. I'm looking for 4 colors to go with greens. What colors would you choose?

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      When I'm having trouble finding a color palette, I visit a website like Sherwin Williams and look at the palettes they put together. You can find a color that looks like your green and it will give you a palette.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      He will love it because you made it for him. We have a treasured crocheted afghan my husbands grandmother made for him over 50 years ago.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      lovestostitch, that's a great idea also and I'm heading there. I was just really wondering if y'all had favorites that you use with green as I don't use it all that much.

DJM, you're right, they have ones I made for them here at "Gma's" house but they need some for at home now. And, they wanted cotton instead of acrylic so they could use them year round. They still wear them like capes and make blanket tents and the like so they need to be fun. The next one is for the older one and with total disgust, he tells me "I'm not a little kid Gma, geez!" So I better get on the stick and get it right!

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle Crochet! What a fun project! I used #10 thread. It measures 8" x 8", 1/2" thick & is very dense. Perfect tea pot trivet. It even looks kinda cool on the back.

Name:	IMG_20200701_131939.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	59905Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200701_125017.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	59906Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200701_125029.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	59907

Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +8/YTD -628 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 50/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosh, Debbie - your projects and ability in crochet continue to amaze me - it’s beautiful 😊😊

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      That is really cool and beautiful.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is amazing!

I am not a very good seamstress, but I thought I would try my hand at a Japanese Knot Bag. All went well until I got to the end and it was time to sew the armholes. Grrrr. Are there any seamstresses out here who might have thoughts? Maybe I should sew the armholes and end up at the bottom of the bag. Hmmmm

Name:	0F593416-A4A8-4BD4-B6F3-BCA380BBBED9.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	59916

Name:	0A2C6FD2-7069-4197-ACB5-EB1778E4438C.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	59915

Comment

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the fabric!
      Does your machine have a thing to pop off to do small circumferences? My suggestion for next time would be cut your seam allowances wider or zigzag the edges before turning right side out so they feel more stable.and MORE pins, my answer to everything sewing is more pins!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      PurlgirlButtons it does, but it is still too small to loop around. The large loop fits, just not the small one...

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you ever sew doll clothes? Those were the hardest projects I ever did. My sewing machine is old and doesn't have the pop off free arm. I always wanted that and a few years ago I treated myself to a fancy, new sewing machine. That all plastic machine was garbage compared to my all metal antique. I took the new machine back when it couldn't even make it through the seams of one those little pillowcase dresses where you sewed on seam binding.

lol Ok - knot bag take two....

find pretty matching fabric ✅

Click image for larger version  Name:	9626E69D-F197-4B4B-852D-4E6277C700E4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.8 KB ID:	59952

Cut, pin and sew, this time starting at the handles. ✅

Click image for larger version  Name:	A2D18991-9193-4284-A955-59B8A28BAA4B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	59953

ummmm. Here is where I have my first problem. Oops - I cant turn it inside out!!!!

After laughing so hard I could cry, I try taking out the inner circle seem to see if I can get it through. Nope - not that way.

Ok - here’s how determined I am to make it from the handles - cut it in half and turn each half right side out. ✅
    Click image for larger version  Name:	191BD7A4-E9D2-4E54-A988-68C960F46649.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	190.1 KB ID:	59954

ummmm - wait a minute here ..... now what?

DESIGN ELEMENT!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DFCEA2B7-B055-4DA9-BA83-6888BC073805.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	174.5 KB ID:	59956

Wait - I planned it this way all along. Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	2CD2F839-57A3-464F-BBCB-15EF8C8ADEA8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	59955

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone.

• Knit2PSquare
      Knit2PSquare commented
      Editing a comment
      Char - I have felt this same way while learning to make masks these past few months! 🤪 I have never been a sewer, my sewing machine is older than I am and a hand me down three or four times over, but I can now at least oil it, change the needle and sew straight lines! but I also did plenty of things like you with this bag. I think you did an amazing job trouble shooting! Your bag looks great!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Knit2PSquare - thank you! I laughed so hard I was in tears over this one. I do plan to make more. each one will be a learning experience I am sure.

This isn't a fiber craft but I thought you all would enjoy seeing my latest garden project. Today was moving day and froggie got moved into position. He will have a perennial Hibiscus planted behind him.

Before:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ED4BAF7C-E982-4FB8-A72C-DEB053B62275.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	383.2 KB ID:	59974
    After:

Click image for larger version  Name:	E8C631CE-8BEF-4C4C-9712-D00158B169AF.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	59975

Name:	50AE7238-4CEB-4F7D-BB4A-C6C9C8E7C87A.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	59983
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      MBearMakes - I don't like Sigfried - I think Harold would freak out at the word FRIED in his name. LOL

• MBearMakes
      MBearMakes commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't notice that! 😆

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever his name, I love it! I’m really fond of frogs 🐸 🐸

Did anyone see Dana Perino on Fox News this morning? She had on the cutest crocheted top!
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Dana is on again. If you're home, turn on Fox News and you might see her - and her cute top!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      oh goodness - that is cute!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah! And the best colors ever!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Our local fireworks were cancelled. Our state does allow "personal" fireworks (How these are considered personal is beyond me). So - I anticipate we'll have more of that this year than in other years. So - we'll stick around home and make sure our fur babies are ok. 🎆

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      qfknit Yes we were married on 7/5/75 Hubby will never forget Your holiday weekend sounds awesome enjoy family time. For your cell phone someone suggested turning off your Bluetooth. Since cell service at my house is almost non-existing it's not a problem for us.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      qfknit - your gathering sounds amazing!

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      DJM Congratulations! We're celebrating our 45th next month. It was a good year, yes?

Finished the Confetti Towels!

Name:	IMG_2933.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	60169
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      qfknit Thanks! They made me happy...a departure from my normal color schemes!

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow! I love them. 💗 You weavers just keep calling to me!

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      TexasPurl Thank you! Yes, join us...you'll love it!!

It’s Friday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

How are things for you? We’re getting a few sunny days. We spy some blooms on our cucumber plants, and maybe one or two tomatoes.

I am back to working on my gray, white and purple hexi’s.

I have an itch to work on socks, though. I really need to finish the blanket first. But this sock yarn is really calling..... blanket!

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Friday! Enjoy your stitching!

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I spotted some almost red tomatoes and some Golden Zucchini. The zucchini should be ready in a day or two. Our temps are in the 90's for the foreseeable future.

Good morning! Just another hot and humid day, with no rain in sight. Nothing planned for this weekend, our excitement is getting a grocery delivery 😊.

I’ve decided I have way too many WIP’s going on, several are big projects. So my goal is to finish one big project each week, and not start anything new at least until I reduce my WIP’s by one.

This week I finished a baby blanket, and I started a new shawl pattern. Now I’m gong to finish my star baby blanket. Possibly by the end of the weekend.

What is everyone doing with your crafting time? I love looking at all the pictures, we have some extremely talented crafters here.

Enjoy your holiday weekend 💥🍗🌽🍉🍺
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 - I wouldn't want to go to our post office even if there was no coronavirus but with coronavirus, I absolutely won't go in there. The lines are horrendously long and slow. I go online and use the postal calculator and then I stick enough stamps on the package. It works!

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Our post office is super tiny and rarely busy. Everyone knows everyone in a tiny community.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Our old post office only had a line at Christmas time. One year one of the postal workers came out and started singing Jingle Bells. Everyone sang together after that as we waited.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X