LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

February 2021 chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2021 chatter

I hope you are off to a LOVEly February!!! Stay warm, stay healthy.

AND CRAFT ON!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WE 6/12/21 +84 YTD +405
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

I finally finished my sock leftovers lap afghan. It’s meant to be more functional than pretty, thank goodness! A great stash buster project, a good learning experience for me with a Corner-2-Corner stitch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1656DC60-F470-444A-8619-7E725914411B.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	88917
    Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD + 2, YTD - 97

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it. I like how you repeated that bold, orange colorway. The repeat makes it feel balanced.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This will brighten someone's day.

• Knit2PSquare
      Knit2PSquare commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it! I think you could put that up on a Modern Art museum's wall and claim a ridiculous value! 💰

Well the test knit sweater i thought would be a great Stashbuster ended up requiring me to add to my stash. :/ But in the bright side I got an incredible deal on this yarn and it is incredibly soft with a beautiful, rich color. It is pretty delicate. Like it's quite loosely spun so you can pull it apart if you are too rough. But you can easily spit join it so, no knots! This is a really pretty design so I can't wait to wear it and to show y'all.

Name:	20210201_160400.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	88942
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210131_175132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	88923
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• EllenDeKnitter
      EllenDeKnitter commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like there's an NM number where it says 'count'. I can't read it but it's an industry standard for yarn and can give you an idea of how a yarn will knit up. It isn't a gauge per se because gauge is determined by the size of the needle in the hands of a specific knitter, not by the yarn itself. But if you know the NM number of a yarn you've used you can compare it to the NM of the unknown/new yarn.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This will be gorgeous, I can't wait to see more.

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      EllenDeKnitter. Thanks for that info! I had never heard of that. I wondered what that number was. There was no dye lot number or even a name or number to identify the color and no gauge info at all other than what people said in the reviews. I really was afraid it would be a terrible quality of yarn but just felt a (very unlike me) urge to just take a chance since it was almost unbelievably cheap. I am so skeptical usually. I'm a firm believer in, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Like a pack of 12 balls at 270 yards each for $35! Lol I hope it holds up. I'll be hand washing it so I can't kill it in the wash at least.

I got the back panel done for my first try at a sweater (my very long-term project). I'm pretty excited since that was the largest piece of the 6 I have to knit.

Name:	DusterBack.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	88940

Only 5 parts to go!
    I'm Laur but my droid name is K2-Tog✨
    ☕ Blog: A Knit Hope
    Join us at WIZARDING SCHOOL 🧙‍♂️

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      You're off to a great start!

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I cast (or casted) on the stitches for the next piece... hmm, not sure of the past tense on that.

Not knitting related, but I just signed up for an appointment to get my vaccine. First apt is March 4 but I'm in.

knitter131 did you see that Indiana has dropped the age to 65? Odd thing Steve's computer still shows 70, but I got a message from the state dept of health, and it was 65.
    Linda
    2021 Stasbusting week ending 6/19 WTD = +0 YTD = +86
    2020 Stash busted +160
    Book Challenge 91/100; 24 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
    The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful!! I got mine, Jan 30th.

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Hellokitten
      keep checking in. Things seem to change every day over here. Plus people aren't showing up for their appointments and the staff will give them to whoever they can before they expire.

Anyone hear anything about getting the vaccine...after you have already had covid? (is it safe for us?)
      We are trying to figure that one out.

We do Not want the shot right now...figure others need the vaccine while we may have enough immunity memory to help us through the next rounds. Now that I think of it....our military health insurance hasn't even contacted us about the vaccine. Weird....well...not really.

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure you and your family have a natural immunity for now.

I'm not wanting to take a shot until I kick this inflammation from my illness last September. It is the weirdest thing. Which makes me wonder if covid didn't set it off. I never had anything like it.

Good morning and happy WIP Wednesday! What are you working on this week?

I am getting ready to piece together my quilt top. Here are a couple squares laid out - the corners will be burgundy. Need to cut some of that

Name:	6C07A75D-18FA-400E-8C68-FF8E6A9A96E3.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	89102

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      This is coming together so nicely. I agree your color choices are perfect.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day.

My “Michigan Mom” received her blue placemats and table runner. She loves them so much that she asked for two more. (Funny - she asked for two, I made four... I guess she really wanted six!)

My dad also loves them - and has instructed mom to be ever so careful.

They are talking about only using them with company. I told her I could make her an uglier set if she wanted. Lol. Really - I told her they were made to be used. The nice thing is I know who made them, and I bet the maker would be happy to make more if that was ever needed. 😂😂😂

I am glad they like them.

Comment

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news! It's always so nice that people appreciate and use what you've created!

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      It's always nice when your hard work is loved.!!

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      That is such a sweet story.
      Thank you for sharing.

Here's my active WIPs for this week. Black is a cardigan for my son, brown is a hat for him and white is a toy rabbit.

Name:	IMG_20210203_184547.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	89165
    2021 Stashbuster MAL WTD 0, YTD +21
    Reading Challenge 14/40
    Cross Stitch 2/12
    Craft month goal 1.41/2 miles

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful!! The hat looks like a chocolate brown, can't wait to see the bunny finished.

WIP Wednesday
    a honeycomb pattern Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	89177

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely, great colors..

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pattern

I learned something new tonight in class. Completed knit and crochet projects can be considered Income. It came up under Imputed Income: Personal Consumption. When the instructor asked the class why Personal Consumption items were not taxed, I laughed, said Administrative Convenience to avoid headaches, and held up the crochet washcloth I was working on.

I was sitting in the last row to avoid distracting the other students.
    Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD = -32, YTD = -109
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -61

Comment

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! That sounds a lot like an accounting (or some sort of econ/business) class?

• Steph
      Steph commented
      Editing a comment
      K2-Tog - The class is Income Taxation for Individuals.

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph - I still remember my tax class as an undergrad! I hope you are enjoying it!

Don't you just hate it when you get tangled!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tangle1.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	89221

I had an unfortunate incident with a snow bank and couldn't get to work. So, I figured I'd knit while waiting for my auto repair and I got a tangle. Every minute spent untangling is a minute I could've spent knitting.

On a positive note, at least I have a place where I could get it off my chest! Thanks for listening! 😉

Comment

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Hellokitten - LOL, good point! I was occupied!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh sorry about the snow bank incident! I hate those tangles but I feel like such a boss when I conquer it. Lol

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope everything is getting back in order - the yarn and the car!

Happy zoom Friday everyone!

While you can always post pictures of any sorts, Fridays are the special day for finished objects.

I didn’t finish anything this week, but maybe this weekend I’ll be able to. We’ll see. I need to find the burgundy fabric I bought for my quilt top. Sigh. I know it is here. I wonder if it accidentally got packed in the Christmas stuff.

Anyway - Happy Friday!

Comment

No FOs for me. I'm working on a duster length sweater/coat, a lace and cables baby blanket and a size 2X sweater for me. LOL I'm fixing to start a couple of smaller, crochet projects though cuz I need some quicker (not instant but definitely quicker) gratification here! Those in the zoom will get a sneak peak of the test sweater. I got permission from Kay.
      Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
      ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
      2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
      National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

Here is my FO:

Name:	TangleBgone.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	89298

Tangle gone and my car is fixed. 🚗

Sadly, I did not get much else done this week. 🤨

Comment

I finished a washcloth and a section of a test knit.
          Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD = -32, YTD = -109
          Stashbuster MAL 2020: -61

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X