728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

April 2021 Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2021 Chatter

Welcome to April’s community chatter. A place where the entire FiberKind community can come, get to know one another, share anything you like (have I mentioned we all love pics?), get cheers or support as needed, and generally be here for one another.

Around me I see daffodils popping up everywhere. Love the various shades of yellow. Mine aren’t quite all the way up yet, but with how cold it is getting currently, that is not all bad.

Happy Spring everyone! 🌼
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD + 0; YTD +417
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

I wish I could grow flowers. I've never had any success at it. I'm trying to figure out how to plant anything out here without dogs tearing it up. Eventual I want to have a good sized greenhouse but until then I don't really know what to do. Last year everything I put in got destroyed. My daughter has a dog that will chew on ANYTHING in reach. Plus there are dogs from neighbors places that come to visit and play with our dogs and they chew things up and carry things off sometimes too. :/I was looking fiat at vertical planes and hanging planets. Maybe if I hang planters on the top of the fence...
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      My motto is "If I plant it, it won't grow". However, we do have the best looking dandelions. Any flowers in my yard either came with the house or just appeared.

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      DJM I'm glad to know it's not just me! 😆

This is how I started April!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6801.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	94758

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yuck! I don't want to see any more of that.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of it was gone by noon, then we had another round of flurries (nothing stuck to the ground). Hubby will be mowing grass soon.

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my! I saw flurries today and thought it was bad.

I'm hanging out with my buddy Vinny today. It's so pretty out I'm sitting out in my zero gravity chair so Vin decided he would too. 😂
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210401_145541.jpg Views:	24 Size:	211.3 KB ID:	94763
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Too cute!!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Yes he got up in it and made himself comfy. Lol. That one is s bit bent up from a storm that blew it across about 3 acres last year. When I set up my new one he went over and was pawing at that one and I swear he was trying to set it up. So I helped him out. Instant happy goat! We're listening to Van Morrison and soaking up sunshine. 😁

• Spice2s
      Spice2s commented
      Editing a comment
      He's so cute ! Great companion !

KnitsWithHorses - There are lots of raised gardening options. Have you ever tried grow bags? These vinyl bags are great for flowers and can be hung on a fence.

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Als-Flow...wer+pouch& qid=1617307826&sr=8-3

Even plastic planters offer protection from running dogs but not ones who want to eat plants. My dog, Carly, pulled a decorative Kale out of the ground and chomped it up. If I tried to grow peppers on the patio, she would steal them. I limit my patio pots to herbs which she doesn't bother. The rest of my veggies are in a fenced in garden. We now have a fenced in area for our dogs so they can't get to the veggie garden anymore but the 2 foot rabbit fencing was enough to keep the dogs out too.

Have you ever heard of a Salad Table? I asked for a homemade one for Christmas. I got an IOU. My husband just finished building this for me. He is now building the lid which will be screened so I don't get little green worms in my Kale. The wire section will get a layer of weed fabric and then be filled with dirt. The best part of my custom built Salad Table is it is a tall size! He built it taller so I don't have to stoop over it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0C4CA18-5FB1-4136-8844-6EE73716483E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.7 KB ID:	94766
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      So cool! I have never heard of a salad table. You have a handy husband!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      The potting bench sounds really cool and that window seat will be wonderful!

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking my little dog, Sophie, will be the main occupant of the window seat. I'm planning on a dog friendly cushion with a washable cover.

I finished a shawl and a pair of socks last month, from carding the wool to spinning to knitting. I want to do the sock challenge for this month. Plus I got my Hutterite antique wheel spinning really good now, and I want to spin the wool for another pair of man's socks for the sweet brother-in-law who rescued this wheel for me. And I better get that done before gardening season hits!

AND I got another book cover back from my cover artist so I'm sharing it here. This one releases on August 3rd. It's the first of 3 historical romances set at the 3 then-British forts that survived Pontiac's Rebellion in 1763. Sarah's Choice begins it all with Fort Pitt, Maggie's Release is next at Fort Detroit, and Abigail's Peace will finish the trilogy at Fort Niagara. I absolutely *adore* my cover artist - Hannah Mae Linder - and she really hit the nail on the head with this one:

Name:	SarahChoiceEbookSmall.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	94836
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure there will be plenty of readers who don't care about "woke." When I hear all that stuff, it makes me want to do the opposite of whatever they are being
      "woke" about.

Why was Covid hard on the publishing world? I can see where they couldn't do book tours, signings, etc. but I would also think there were a lot more people stuck at home reading.

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      lovestostitch, bookstores weren't "essential" and therefore were closed. Amazon kept going - of course - but the brick-and-mortar stores took a bad hit.

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeh, I didn't think about that.

Trying some English Paper Piecing for road trips. We’ll see.

Piece Number 1 of a sampler.

Name:	7AD9DBF4-B99F-4BE2-AC56-47635AB202DB.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	94844

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      That's paper? It looks seamed. It's very pretty!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      That is so pretty Char! If I remember right, paper piecing uses fabric and paper right? My sister in law does that. She is an incredible quilter. If she didn't live in California I would get her to be my teacher.

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty star

lovestostitch it is fabric wrapped around paper and hand stitched together, then you take the pieces out.

Name:	4FDC63A5-A3EF-4879-AD58-80851F61C514.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	94875

Comment

• Natalia
      Natalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting technique! Good for practising hand stitches

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      So pretty! Char, you have a good eye for color!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone

Using the hand cards today. Blending some of this, others I'll card single color. Not sure what it will be yet. It's all over-dyed natural gray fleece from my Maggie.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210403_142617083.jpg Views:	12 Size:	166.8 KB ID:	94913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210403_201902338.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	94996
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful colors.

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my - after your last piece that you spun the yarn for and knitted, I can't wait to see what these turn out to be! Very, very nice. :-)

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Wound up with 26 oz all carded. Hands are a little tired now.

Here is my second piece

Name:	084E9160-BB05-4B76-8571-96DAD3C0A20C.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	94982

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m eventually going to have to figure out what I am making. Lol

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Your pieces will tell you what they want to be.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      You know this might be a form of quilting i can do even in my limited space?

Happy Easter, Everyone!!

My piece today I did differently - I didn’t paste the seams down, alternately I glued the paper to the fabric and sewed that way. Much easier on the hands.

Name:	4821C1F2-5D49-4151-9828-0EEF50F7D2AD.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	95018

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!!

Happy Easter!

Name:	Easter 2021.png
Views:	85
Size:	987.0 KB
ID:	95024
    Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD 0/YTD -372 (2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 18/30 (2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
    Crochet Is My Yoga

Comment

Name:	image_12316.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	95030 Happy Resurrection Sunday!
      Went to church - beautiful service and the place was full! - then dinner. Now ... it's time to sit and spin.
      Spinner of Yarns
      Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

Happy Easter everyone!
        Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

Happy Easter, Fiberkinders!

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X