The Bag Lady Club

My family calls me the Bag Lady.

I love bags – tote bags, re-usable shopping bags, project bags. All of them. I just can’t have enough.

With permission from the owner of Fiberkind, I created this prototype for a fun project bag. It’s roomy with a large pocket on the front with the Fiberkind logo. It’s made from acrylic, so it should last forever. I used a combination of regular crochet & Tunisian simple stitch. Though not exactly what I had in my head at the time, it’s given me a good starting point.

I have such an appreciation for the community we’re growing here at Fiberkind. I’d like to give back to express that appreciation. Regular activity & member submitted content are what encourages our community to grow. Members who express those values are those I want to thank the most. :fk:

[SIZE=14px]In the next day or so, I’ll reveal the next tote, which will be given to a member of this community. It’s been improved from this original design. I want to continue giving for as long as possible. I’ll be making more totes for future giveaways. Subscribe to this thread for notifications.[/SIZE]

To be a part of the “Bag Lady Club”: keep posting & sharing your beautiful creations, mentor our new crafters & pass the word about this fun and caring community.

Notice
Totes will be given to members of my choosing based on: (1) # of posts to the site & (2) length of membership to the site.

Unfortunately, the giveaways will be limited to those living in the continental US.

[I]This giveaway is NOT in conjunction with or sponsored by Fiberkind or any of Fiberkind’s advertising affiliates.

[/I]

IMG_20200215_153225.jpg

@TexasPurl - this is an awesome thing to do for OUR crafting community. FiberKind is full of loving members - I bet it will be very difficult for you to pick the winners of your bags. It would be a blessing to whoever receives them I am sure.

I would say that while the site is not “officially” affiliated with this venture, we are very grateful to have you encourage quality content as you are.

:fk::fk:

It makes me happy to be a part of our community.

@TexasPurl Fun!! Very kind and generous of you!

@TexasPurl, you really are amazing. What a great idea and the job you do? Fantastic. Thank you!

This is a wonderful community that encourages our talents and gives us an opportunity to expand our talents. The tote is awesome!!

What a wonderful idea! I wish I lived in the US so I could get one, but good luck to everyone else. Maybe you could share a pattern so us non-Americans could have a bash at our own? I love making bags too!

@Lemming13 That’s my plan. I have to finish writing the pattern & I’ll be happy to share!

@TexasPurl - Awesome project! I love the Wine and Granite one too. I love how you did Fiberkind on it. Is that embroidered? You are so generous to make these bags and gift them to Fiberkind members. What a fun way to boost community spirit.

Thanks @lovestostitch - I had the logo professionally digitized so I could use my embroidery machine for the pocket.

It looks great. I especially love the two tone heart.

This is amazing! YOU are amazing!

Beautiful bag.
Such a kind gesture.
Thank you for helping to make this place… a great place.
A fiber filled ‘kind’ place. :fk:

Love this idea and what a great way to encourage content! The bag is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you!

I’m a little late to the bag party but this is just a lovely idea and such a beautiful bag!! :fk:

Yes! Her bags are awesome. :slight_smile:

Thanks y’all! You’re makin’ me blush. :blush: