LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

FYI Careful with mixing old and new yarn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Careful with mixing old and new yarn

Hey all:

I was using up stash to make a blanket and thought I had enough yarn. Turns out I was short more than a few yards so I had to get some more. It's a very common yarn and very common color at all the local stores so I didn't hesitate to order some online.

I paid a lot for it, but what can you do when you are 7/8 done with no other solution in sight.

Here's the problem. My stash must have been pretty old because see the difference!

They are both Caron One Pound / 16 oz / Sunflower
    Medium Weight #4

The only difference on the label was that the newer one had 'Yarnspirations' on it and the original ones did not.

I hope you can see how thin the newer one is compared to the older ones in the close up. The newer yarn is at the top of both pictures.

Of course I couldn't use it to finish up my project as the gauge was wrong and the 'feel' was so different.

I'm only bringing this up in case anyone else out there has older stash that they want to mix with newer yarn. Just be careful! Click image for larger version

Name:	Yarn weight.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	55905Click image for larger version

Name:	Yarn weight close up.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	55906
    Susan from NJ is glad to be here

Supporting Pine Ridge Reservation one donation at a time!
    www.FriendsofPineRidgeReservation.org

Listen with ears that hear

I have found this with some of my really old stash.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X