LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

May 2020 FO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 2020 FO's

Show off your May Finished projects! Crochet & Knitted items are acceptable here.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD -172/YTD -576 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 42/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

The 2nd earwarmer I made from the Whims Merino I received with the Furls hook using the Star Stitch.
    I really like this stitch!

Debbie

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      That would match the sweater you are making.... and the socks you will be making. 😇

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Char - yes it will!

I just found this place for my crochet FO's, now that I know it's here, I will post 🙂

Just finished these two scarves today. Both are v-stitch, both are two strands together. Red one is two of the Woolike lace. Pink/purple and white one is Premier Wool Free Sock, and Woolike. Two more scarf WIP's hopefully finished next week.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200505_215719544.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	53379
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 8, YTD + 181

Comment

Such lovely work! I'm still stashbusting away, so this is not a choice of colours I especially like, but as a centre for my garden table it will do. I couldn't spread it out, as the garden table needs a damn good clean off and my usual alternative, my bird food store, has been rendered impossible by the gratitude of feathered friends.

Comment

• MBearMakes
      MBearMakes commented
      Editing a comment
      I love those colors, particularly for summer. Pretty!

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all! You're right, once it was on the table in the sun it looked good.

• ReneCall
      ReneCall commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like the colors. I think it will brighten up your garden table nicely.

I finished my flower pillows for the patio.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2867.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	53964

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 Thank you! I think I'll be sticking to the lighter weight yarns from now on too. Fingering weight crochets up like butter compare to worsted.

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hellokitten Thank you! Yes, these pillows will be brought in at night and on bad weather days!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      So fun! They'll add sunshine for sure.

Wow! Those are sooo pretty!
    "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.” --St. Francis de Sales

2020 Stashbusting MAL: WTD: +2 YTD: -2

Comment

Nesting baskets from t-shirt yarn. 6 t-shirts (XL), cut into strips. Size Q hook.

Debbie

Comment

I completed this pretty test for CherylDeeCrochet. It so soft & warm. Watch for the pattern on her site soon!

Debbie

Comment

• Kathy7661
          Kathy7661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice! Love the colors!

The 3rd Fiberkind Bag Lady tote is complete!

Debbie

Comment

I finished my granny lapgan a couple of days ago. I posted it elsewhere, but I forgot to being it here as well. It's DK weight, quite thick and heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200518_153957810.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	54677
          Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Lemming13
            Lemming13 commented
            Editing a comment
            I love that; the colours are perfect, and so is the stitch work.

• knitter131
            knitter131 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Lemming13 😊

Name:	Resized_20200511_102519.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	54686Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200520_095257.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	54687
          Bought the hook and yarn at my Babetta's Yarn shop here near Sacramento. It is the Butterfly Shawl pattern by FiberSpider. The Butterfly pin belonged to my mom. The original plan was to also use the purples...but I decided not to do that. Any suggestions for the purples?
          Here is the link to his YouTube channel in case anyone is interested.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ28IN2v-jv1Rek272MdXag
          Book Challenge 33/50
          2020 stash busting WTD.-6 YTD.+20

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            I am cuddly sized - no bandages for me....

(But if I did it would be teal. 😂)

• Lemming13
            Lemming13 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am beyond cuddly, bandages for me would take half the LYS stash. I don't know how anyone can wear close fitting clobber in hot weather - I'm usually wearing a t-shirt I got in a sale at Mr Big and Tall (my son is 6'4" with size 13 feet so we used to shop there a lot - his waist is 36", damn him!) that is actually 3 sizes too big and comes to my knees.

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            One of my sons is 6'3" with size 15 feet. My own size 11's look petite next to him, lol.

I've spent most of May on this floor cushion. Apart from the odd amigurumi.

Comment

• Kathy7661
            Kathy7661 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your cushion! The colors are great!

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! What did you stuff it with?

• Lemming13
            Lemming13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you - I actually filled it with an old booster cushion I used to use before I got my armchair, as my old chair left me too low down to see my monitor. The new chair is higher up, so the cushion was obsolete and is now reborn.

Probably my last FO for May. A summer tee made with Zitron Polo (Cotton/Acrylic) using my own pattern. Original color was #400 Purple/Pink. Dyed with Rit Dyemore Royal Purple & Sapphire Blue. Used size I hook & 1,027 yards. Linen stitch with ESC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Collage 2020-05-25 18_55_41.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.3 KB ID:	55444
          Debbie

Comment

I have too many WIPs not to have finished one thing! I made a basket from the Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Lacy Crochet traveling treasure book to go with Grand2's blanket:

Name:	20200528_192604.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	55495

And something to hang on the empty painted nail in my "other" daughter (daughters BFF) bathroom:

Name:	20200528_191915.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	55496

Back to the squares.....

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            TexasPurl - me too - I keep going back to that...

• pinesprairie
            pinesprairie commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks all! The basket is made out of Red Heart 100% nylon size 18 which by itself makes a stiff item (if you crochet tightly which is hard on the hands). I made it even more rigid with Aleene's fabric stiffener so at 14" across, it's actually a solid little basket.

I used one strand of Patons Grace (blue & gray) and one of Elegant Yarns Athena (light blue - lace) for the "hangy". That pattern is actually a partial from the Moorish Mosiac Afghan by Lisa Naskrent.

• Kathy7661
            Kathy7661 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great information! Thanks for sharing!

pinesprairie these are both beautiful - blue is my color, I like anything blue ❤️❤️
          Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• pinesprairie
            pinesprairie commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks knitter131! Isn't it interesting how we all are naturally drawn to a certain color or palette? The only blue in my house is teal or turquoise - all other shades of blue I use for others.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X