This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

July 2020 FO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2020 FO's

Show off your July finished projects!
    Last edited by TexasPurl; 07-15-2020, 06:17 PM.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD -8/YTD -650 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 45/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Good morning! Just pulled this blanket out of the dryer. It is for my nephew who is getting married on Friday. I wasn't procrastinating, I just found out on June 20th this was happening! Eek - I really need more notice. But - I'm glad it is done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8415.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	59804
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      hereami - not a WIP. Just fast on the hook, and some spare time when customers didn’t need me. :-)

• Snoogins
      Snoogins commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy moly! It would take me a year to finish something that big! Hahahh! Looks great and will make a lovely heirloom. ❤

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Snoogins - thank you Not sure how I did it that fast. My hooks knew I had to fly.

Good morning everyone! I finally finished my granny baby blanket, made of DK weight. Should be pretty in pink for some little one.

Name:	4F5DCB41-88D7-40CD-B25A-4EFE75E46AEB.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	59814Click image for larger version

Name:	445FA80C-62AC-420A-A74D-6C65E6753C0B.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	59815
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD - 6, YTD + 174

Comment

Wiggle Crochet! What a fun project! I used #10 thread. It measures 8" x 8", 1/2" thick & is very dense. Perfect tea pot trivet.

Debbie

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks y'all!

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Very different! I like it.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      ReneCall It is cool. Very cool and I think you should try it. My problem wasn't the rug itself, it was the spot I was making it for. There wasn't enough clearance between the bottom of the door and the floor. I really wanted to use the yarn I had so chose a different technique for the rug and then somehow never made wiggle again. We'd love to see it if you do give it a go!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BBC4A1B4-C758-4C84-A60E-31C663766565.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	235.9 KB ID:	61008

I finished my stat baby blanket for a boy. It’s 45” and crochet with Bernat Baby Sport.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BAB863BC-B77F-4209-9C4C-295C677FF4CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	61007
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful baby blanket! Love the colors you chose!

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, pinesprairie Hellokitten TexasPurl and Kathy7661 😊. It was really a fun blanket!

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      lovely work. I love how perfect the center is and how there seems to be perfect rays leading from it.
      Baby is going to love it.

Passion Flowers with #10 thread.
    Pattern is from Flawless Crochet Flowers

Debbie

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Y'all!

• Snoogins
      Snoogins commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfection!

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty!

Here are a couple projects I finished today. :-)

Name:	9B7FE91F-BFE2-46EA-893F-CB4D57B498C0.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	62114

Name:	58406D51-CF66-4FB1-A0D4-C7D16FA9E8EC.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	62115
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      They are both so pretty, but I really love that shawl! Nice job!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      rkennell - I Crocheted it with SIAB! I plan to do more of these. :-)

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      That yarn does make a beautiful shawl, no matter which way you put it together!

I finished up this Tunisian Crochet scarf this morning. Pattern is Schmetterwurm. I used Mary Maxim Prism yarn & K/6.5 Hook

Name:	IMG_20200717_141256.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	62795

Name:	IMG_20200717_132012.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	62796
    Debbie

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Soooo pretty!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      This came out wonderfully! I absolutely love the color changes. You did a great job matching the yarn to the pattern, it's perfect. And I really like that shape, it's different and that just adds to it's attractiveness! Nice job, @TexasPurl!!

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so pretty! I'm starting to see a lot of pretty Tunisian crochet options and I have a set of needles--I might just have to give it a try!

Our grandson is completely immersed in the Pokemon shows & games. I made him his own Pikachu plush while we watch movies this weekend. It was a bit of a challenge with no pattern, but I didn't want to go against any copyright issues if I bought a pattern. I can't imaging the creators have given anyone permission for patterns. It's a bit wonky, but he's happy!

Name:	IMG_20200719_114511.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	63120
    Debbie

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      So sweet! Such a special gift from a loving grandma!

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      So amazing that you did this without a pattern!!

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter's a Pokemon fan and she says he's just lovely - now she wants one.

I'm still busting away at the stash, and I found a bundle of eyelash yarns. So far I've made 3 animals and a big cuddle cushion.

Comment

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! They are very squishy, and the cushion is a bone of contention between me, my daughter, and both cats - everyone wants it.

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely love the animals.
      Great work!
      Did you use two yarns together, or just the eyelash yarn?

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used the eyelash yarn on its own, just used standard yarn for the eyes and ears etc. It was easier to use when knitting.

I finished my "summer" throw for our family room. I used a fingering weight yarn from Leading Men Fiber Arts that I purchased last year at the Michigan Fiber festival. It was intended for something else that didn't thrill me, so it sat for quite some time. I found this simple shell pattern in treble crochet and made blocks of colors. The drape is amazing and I'm very pleased with it. Now to make pillows for the couch and love seat that go nicley with the throw.

Name:	IMG_2955.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	64394

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      It's going to get some loving when the weather turns.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks wonderful on that chair! And the chair looks cozy, ready & waiting for someone to put their feet up & toss it over themselves.

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all! ❤️

Finally blocked these Tunisan sampler cloths this weekend. I used some vintage cotton baby yarn and they're so soft! I need some additional practice with tension, but I hope to give them as Christmas gifts to the gals on my list along with some yummy soap from Canada.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200727_104233.jpg Views:	4 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	64402
    Debbie

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the texture, I still struggle with Tunisian, I'll try again after allergy season.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a very pretty cloth. Once it's washed & dried a few times I'd bet any variances in tension will sort themselves out. It's a perfect give and is sure to be appreciated!

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! I made a few Tunisian crochet washcloths and they hold up so well! It's a lovely gift!

I made up a quick dish cloth for our neighbor who has been sharing their bounty from the garden. I miss read the beginning of the pattern (oops). Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5937 (2).JPG
Views:	58
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	64425

Comment

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with pinesprairie, returning kindness with kindness is such a beautiful example these days. I'm sure it's still happening, we just don't hear about it anymore.

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for your kind words. I agree we have kindness all around us, however all that is reported is negative.

I can't help it, I've been posting this chap everywhere because I like him. His name is Mr Wilson.

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      He's adorable!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Wilson and the owl just might be my favorites so far. He looks like he's contemplating real monkey business!

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

I am working on a beaded shawl pattern from KnitSwag’s Etsy store. You should check out her store - she has some really neat gift ideas there. I don’t usually purchase patterns, as there are so many freebies, but I fell in love with this pattern and just had to have it.

KnitSwag thanks for the great customer service!

Hopefully this link will take you to the pattern. I just started it yesterday, but it was hard to put down 😊. Pay no attention to the little yellow pins, they we’re all I had handy to block it for the picture. My yarn is Regia Classic sock yarn in solid navy

KnitSwag Shawl Pattern

Click image for larger version  Name:	89156930-3147-4357-829A-B5D7D23EB7C9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	64656
    Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      It's beautiful!!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is lovely.

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosh, I realized I posted this in the FO’s section! Obviously this isn’t finished 🥴🥴

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X