August 2020 Crochet FO's

Show off your August finished projects! :fk:[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

I finished up a little test project for a friend last night. I just had to get it blocked this morning.

The title is “Dorothy”. A small Tunisian crochet clutch made in worsted weight. I used Vanna’s Choice in Rose Mist.

IMG_20200802_104705.jpg

This is lovely and so versatile.

Very nice!!

You are talented! It’s just the right size and it looks so professional!

Very pretty Tunisian and such a lovely little clutch!

Thank you!

When I was sick I needed something for my hands to do. I was not able to concentrate enough to follow a pattern. So I decided that I should not care what the blanket looked like in the end and just keep working. I chose a Tunisian crochet hook and grabbed some random left over yarn from the stash. I bought the light color for the edging and just kept working till I was almost out of yarn. I plan on using this in one of my vehicles during fall and winter.

Once I got better and noticed everything that is not right it was hard to keep going. Then I decided the mistakes are what makes this so fun…it is a part of my history. I will always remember what I was doing and how I was feeling when I look at this lapghan sized blanket.

covid blanket.jpeg

covid blanket 2.jpeg

I think that is a wonderful way to look at it. It occupied your hands when they needed it, gave you comfort and that you’re keeping it the way you made it is a great reminder that there’s always something to be grateful for. It’s going to keep you warm, that’s for sure!

I second @pinesprairie 's beautiful comments.

I’m glad you kept it. It may be a reminder of a rough time, but it will also help you to see the survivor & fighter you are!

A mini Bento Bag bag. The pattern is free at https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-h…3-025623M.html

@Char this is the perfect size for socks. If you’d like to give it as a prize sometime, I’d be happy to send it on to the winner. Just PM me.

Bento Bag.jpg

It’s beautiful and that’s such a generous offer.

This is beautiful! It is going to make a lovely gift for our September KAL if that works for you - I already have a bag sewn that is perfect for this month’s KAL. :wink:

It works.

I found something else I did when I had covid in July. Also…not liking it at all. Apparently a simple granny square was difficult at the time. I worked on this when I was dealing with my husband’s illness and retest.

I will save it. It will be in my scrap blanket. I think I will be able to make it fit. Oh well…Another memento.

Funny, but a month of mistakes has made me hesitant to pick up my tools and try again. Perhaps I can handle something that is a knit every row pattern for now.

Any other finished projects out there??:fk:

covid square.jpeg

Yep, another momento of tough times.

Maybe pick something that you’re so familiar with that you can do it with your eyes closed and make something small.

Never quit. It doesn’t really matter what happened yesterday or the day before. Today is a new day and if you have to, find a new way! You can do it, I know you can!

I think it just needs to be blocked. I’m knitting squares for the Traveling Afghans KAL and they’re finishing a little wonky but I know blocking will fix that. Make coasters or something else that is small and easy to get back into stitching.

@pinesprairie and @FreedomLover

Thank you for your kind words. It is so funny to know the project I finished before covid was a butterfly stitch design and then wham…I can’t even count, figure out tension and spacing or how to join things.

Just finished up a Christmas gift for my grandson. It’s a little blue hat for him with the front post DC for the brim for the last 5 rows.

Blue FPDC hat.JPG