LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Spice Market CAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We looked at the rest of the pattern and decided it was the perfect time to add the panels. I really wanted to keep with the spirit of the design so just made rows to mimic rows of spices in a shop or market stall. In doing so, I used some of the Part 8 color . . . . .

When I got to the 3rd row of Part 8, my music turned from suspense to horror when I realized I really didn't have any more of that color in my stash. (I could have sworn I did! I checked every. single. hiding place.) Ugh! And, it's one of those discontinued, no good replacement yarns so I used another color and finished it off. That's stash busting for ya'! So here it is, coming along nicely now.

The pic is not a good one as it was late at night but you get the idea......I had to stand on a chair to get this. I've gone to single-task mode to finish this guy. TexasPurl, no more posting things I want to make!! I've got to get back to those haunting UFO's!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel _Part 8.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	47903

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I won't talk about my UFOs... LOL

Love the blanket!!!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Kathy7661, that is the one bad thing about being a blanket lady. Much like yours, each one takes a long time and I get tired of working on them so put them down for a while which then turns to a long while....meantime, I'm seeing all these other fun things to start. That's why I MUST conquer some of them and break that habit. I'm realizing I'm not like all these energizer bunnies who whip out things left and right. Just a wannabee! LOL

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      pinesprairie Exactly! 😊

Squee! Done and done. Big enough and all blocked.

On part 9, I stayed in the back loops on the corners for a smoother look and had to do some maths to accommodate the panels.

The last rounds took forever and year and it was more fun to think about my next next project than count so frogged numerous times. This pic is probably more accurate as far as the colors and I am happier with it than I thought I would be. Now that I see the whole thing, I think I could have been more creative with the panels but while making was trying to minimize the additions and let the real design show through.

It was a fun make! Thanks TexasPurl for hosting!

Name:	Part 10  And Done.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	48517

Comment

Today’s WIP was the spice market blanket. I finished part 5!! Yay!

Name:	EAF888EE-46EA-4980-BEBF-DFFD9EAAFBAA.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	48773

I am trying to decide if I should steam block it now or wait until the end. It’s pretty off. Hoping blocking it will help! :-)
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = -3; YTD = -62

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! It's so pretty!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys!!!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Char, so nice. I really like the way the red stripe in the middle of the diamonds separates them. I can't get over how different each one looks! A good block now will help for sure.

Yay! Part 8 is finished!

It currently measures 28" square (71 cm). No adjustments to this part

Name:	IMG_20200327_100335.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	48958
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +4/YTD -202 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 19/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! It's been a journey.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      How nice is this! It is very fun to see. Keep plugging away, you're almost there!

• Kathy7661
      Kathy7661 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it!!! ❤️

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X