LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Stitch of the Week 15: Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stitch of the Week 15: Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitches

Hello everyone!

A Video tutorial is available from CrochetKim

Front & Back Post stitches are more often than not, used to control the curl and must be used together. It creates a dense fabric and is reversible. Kim Guzman uses it as a border on her Honey Sweet Baby Blanket.

Written instructions:

Foundation Row (Basic TSS Foundation)
    • Create an even number of chains
    • (1) Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.
    • (2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook.
    • Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your "Forward Pass". Don't turn your work.
    • Yarn over and draw through one loop only. *Yarn over and draw through two loops*, repeat *-* to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.
    Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitch - Simple Stitch
    • Front Post- Simple: Forward pass. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook, from front to back as if to TFS (between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch), then from back to front between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS. Basic Return Pass
    • Back Post- Simple: Forward pass. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook, from back to front between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch, then from front to back between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS. Basic Return Pass

Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitch - Double Stitch
    • Front Post- Double: Forward pass. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, ch1, *yo insert the hook, from front to back as if to TFS (between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch), then from back to front between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TDS. Basic Return Pass
    • Back Post- Double: Forward pass. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, ch1, *insert the hook, from back to front between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch, then from front to back between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TDS. Basic Return Pass
    Bind off in pattern.
    • Work stitches as above pulling final loop of each stitch through the last loop on the hook.
    • Chain 1, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TSS Posts.png Views:	3 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	82558Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201021_222001811.jpg Views:	3 Size:	182.6 KB ID:	82559

Click image for larger version  Name:	TFPS-TBPS Stacked.png Views:	3 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	82560Click image for larger version  Name:	TFPS-TBPS Alt.png Views:	3 Size:	7.4 KB ID:	82561Click image for larger version  Name:	TFPS-TBPS Mesh.png Views:	3 Size:	9.4 KB ID:	82562
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD +8/YTD -628 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 50/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Wow, lot's to learn this week!!

Comment

So many possibilities! 💖💖
      Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
      "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +73 WTD +12

Comment

I made this one into a little face cloth. Started with stacked for a few rows, then alternating and ended with a few rows stacked again.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201124_150605.jpg Views:	5 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	82830
        Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
        "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +73 WTD +12

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          KnitsWithHorses commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. The right edge isn't as messy as it appears in the photo.

• TexasPurl
          TexasPurl commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicely done! Isn't that a fun technique?!

• KnitsWithHorses
          KnitsWithHorses commented
          Editing a comment
          TexasPurl It is fun! And really simple. I tried doing stacked and then all front but it shifted to the right a LOT for some reason so I frogged it and tried this instead. I think it's perfect for a face cloth.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X