LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Knitting, Patterns by Char, Gift Bag - FINAL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knitting, Patterns by Char, Gift Bag - FINAL

I am trying to design a knitted gift bag. I made one and put some hand knit socks into it for a friend. I think she was nearly as excited to receive the bag as she was the socks. I am new to designing, so the pattern will be a simple one, hopefully one for all to enjoy!
    Last edited by Char; 10-07-2019, 06:24 AM.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = -3; YTD = -62

I'll be excited to see what you come up with!

Comment

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing!
      Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD - 0, YTD +39

Comment

I am also going to watch and see your final design.
        "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

This is a great idea, Char !!

Comment

I’m feeling the pressure. I am just in the beginning stages - I have the start of a pattern, hoping it is good. I am going to cast on the bag this evening.

Comment

Here’s a preview - pattern almost ready to go. Would like to start testing on or about October 7th, complete testing by October 20th. I started knitting the bag last night, finished today, so it should be a quick knit.

Better pictures to come when it isn’t dusk.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EAF874D3-9D26-48E3-893A-8287A2F01EEF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	28520

Comment

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Fiber Passion - very good idea!!! I have another one I need to write up too... knitters choice!

You would think I enjoy KALs or something. Lol

• Fiber Passion
                Fiber Passion commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be a big smile : ) Char

• rollinge
                rollinge commented
                Editing a comment
                WOW! Love it!!

I can’t wait to try this, it’s so pretty!
              Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you

Good morning! I am officially looking for testers now - I could use 2 or 3.

I used Ice Yarns softly baby which is a DK weight - a little on the thicker side. I used approx 70 grams, or 160 yards. The bag without the handles is 8” w x 10” tall.

Testing timeline: please complete by October 21at, 2019. If circumstances arise that you cannot complete in this timeframe let me know.

Here is a flat picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	F3F6FCA4-478A-48D6-BD52-94ADCCDACE75.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	30485
              Last edited by Char; 10-07-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Fiber Passion
                Fiber Passion commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I have never been a tester in knitting but I'd like to give it a knit. The bag is very cute and would make a very nice gift with some goodies inside. Or a knitting bag would be very nice as well, goodness lots of uses : ) If I don't make the testers list I'll be very glad to get the pattern in the marketplace when its out. That marketplace is very nice set up. Thanks Char

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Fiber Passion - I would be honored to have you be a tester! :-)
                Last edited by Char; 10-07-2019, 04:38 PM.

I would love to test knit this. May I use a yarn that isn’t necessarily “Holiday” in color? Also, do you have a completion date? My DK weight yarn has a bit of a sheen to it, in silver, tan and grey. Yarn is Premier Garden, color is Pebble.

Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                knitter131 - you are welcome to use that if you would like. Do keep in mind you may lose some of the texture pictures with a variegated yarn. Very pretty yarn!

Char Yes, you are correct. Maybe I will shop for some DK weight before I start......
              Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Please don’t feel as though you have to buy something special. Do you have a light worsted? Gauge isn’t critical, though it could effect the size of the bag.

Oh - just to remind the test knitters - here are the competition requirements:
              1. Testers should post the following summary after completion:
                1. Final staged photo
                2. Which material used
                3. How much material used
                4. Estimated time taken
                5. Difficulty rating of design

Comment

• Char
                Char commented
                Editing a comment
                Fiber Passion and knitter131 - is this still ok?

• Fiber Passion
                Fiber Passion commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good to me, got my yarn I'm going to use : )

• knitter131
                knitter131 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, that’s fine. I just purchased a skein of red yarn for this bag. Should arrive Wednesday 😊. When would you like the test completed?

I have started a test knit in the test knitters group - see you guys there!

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...stmas-knot-bag

Comment

Rose the Rebel knitter131 Fiber Passion would you please copy your final testing post, comments and picture here? I am thinking I need them here to be considered “final”. :-)

Thank you again for taking part in this!!! Your feedback is very helpful. ❤️❤️

Comment

I just finished your cute little gift bag! What a fun knit to get me thinking about Christmas early this year
                  1) Picture included
                  2) I used Caron Simply Soft in the color dark sage. This is a weight category 4 but on the light side. I decided to use my US 4 magic loop needles so my bag wouldn't turn out way bigger but it actually turned out a little smaller than your dimensions. I think the US 5 with the weight class 4 yarn would have worked just fine.
                  3) Approximately 61 grams/132 yards were used
                  4) It took me about 8-10 hours to complete give or take an hour because I had many interruptions and may have lost track
                  5) I would consider this project in the easy category. New knitters should have no problem following this pattern. I followed both the written instructions and the chart, both match and I didn't find any mistakes between them. The chart was very well made and easy to follow.
                  6) If you didn't catch them yet....I noticed in the written instructions for round 31 it says (k1,p1) twice times. I think you meant two times or just twice. Also, in the instructions for the straps it says Round 1......., since the straps are worked flat, should this be Row 1?

I thought this was a fun project and would like to make more with different colors, and maybe even do one in color work. Great job Char! Thanks for including me on your test!
                  {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20191011_131437.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t67.8 KB ID:\t31003","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"31003","data-size":"medium"}

Comment

• Fiber Passion
                    Fiber Passion commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow that is beautiful and looks like your ready for the Holidays : ) its such a cute bag!

• Rose the Rebel
                    Rose the Rebel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you, I think it's cute like yours! Luckily I was able to get to a couple Christmas things but they already went back in hiding. I'm not ready for that yet!

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                X