LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Knitting, Patterns by Char, Gift Bag - FINAL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-09-2019, 12:52 PM

Heres my first Christmas Knot Bag! LOVE IT!

1- photo
    2-KnitPicks Wool of the Andes/100% Peruvian Highland Wool/ color Victorian
    3-164 yds
    4-Time it took-- well for me it was a couple of days off and on. But one could complete in a day with just knitting ( just a few hours)
    5-This was not a difficult pattern to follow. I used the chart and the written instructions are well done. I did enjoy knitting this project

Extra notes- I tried the Jeny's Surprisingly stretchy cast off (which I think is really neat how it works) but my cuff was way to big (its my knitting) so I just used a regular bind off. A lot tighter but it worked better for my bag. I would like to do this bag in a different type of yarn, something with a sheen to it would be awesome. This bag has so many possibilities, adding beads, embroidery, a very light felting would be interesting. Its a beautiful bag design and I can't wait to see how others knitted theirs. Thank You again Char

Working on the tweed bag

This bag is right off the needles so unwashed and blocked.

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_0547 (2).JPG Views:\t17 Size:\t67.8 KB ID:\t30762","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"30762","data-size":"medium"}

Nothing is impossible, the word itself say's "I'm Possible"
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      So pretty! And, your snowflakes really show up good with that yarn

• Fiber Passion
      Fiber Passion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You Rose the Rebel , really a fun bag to knit! I think I'm ready for snow, well sorta!

Fiber Passion Rose the Rebel - you guys did awesome staging!!! Thank you for making the bags look so good!!!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -66; YTD -342

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      You are so welcome Char! Good luck on the winning pattern!

• Fiber Passion
      Fiber Passion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You Char, for letting us test your design. These bags are awesome and I know others will so enjoy knitting them. Well done!

I have completed the test knit on your Christmas Knot Bag! What an enjoyable project 🙂

Information:

1 - photo - attached
    2 - yarn is Patons Hempster, DK in red
    3- total needed - 74 grams, 141 yards
    4 - Time for completion - I would say 8 -10 hours knitting time.
    5 - Pattern: I feel it would be an easy project even for beginners. Very nice, well written, an enjoyable knit. I envision making more of other sizes to use for project bags 🙂

Thank you, Char, for the opportunity to test this for you 🐑
    Last edited by knitter131; 10-14-2019, 12:49 AM.
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 2, YTD + 125

Comment

I have made the corrections and changes based on your feedback - thank you so much. If you would like me to email the updated pattern let me know, otherwise it will be available in the marketplace (free) when the design competition is over.

I cannot thank you enough knitter131 Rose the Rebel Fiber Passion for test knitting this bag! I am thrilled with the positive feedback received.
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -66; YTD -342

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X