LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Knitting, Patterns by Char, Gift Bag - FINAL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rollinge
    commented on 's reply
    WOW! Love it!!

• Fiber Passion
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You Rose the Rebel , really a fun bag to knit! I think I'm ready for snow, well sorta!

• Char
    replied
    I have made the corrections and changes based on your feedback - thank you so much. If you would like me to email the updated pattern let me know, otherwise it will be available in the marketplace (free) when the design competition is over.

I cannot thank you enough knitter131 Rose the Rebel Fiber Passion for test knitting this bag! I am thrilled with the positive feedback received.

Leave a comment:

• knitter131
    replied
    I have completed the test knit on your Christmas Knot Bag! What an enjoyable project ๐Ÿ™‚

Information:

1 - photo - attached
    2 - yarn is Patons Hempster, DK in red
    3- total needed - 74 grams, 141 yards
    4 - Time for completion - I would say 8 -10 hours knitting time.
    5 - Pattern: I feel it would be an easy project even for beginners. Very nice, well written, an enjoyable knit. I envision making more of other sizes to use for project bags ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you, Char, for the opportunity to test this for you ๐Ÿ‘
    Last edited by knitter131; 10-14-2019, 12:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fiber Passion
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You Char, for letting us test your design. These bags are awesome and I know others will so enjoy knitting them. Well done!

• Rose the Rebel
    commented on 's reply
    So pretty! And, your snowflakes really show up good with that yarn

• Rose the Rebel
    commented on 's reply
    You are so welcome Char! Good luck on the winning pattern!

• Char
    replied
    Fiber Passion Rose the Rebel - you guys did awesome staging!!! Thank you for making the bags look so good!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rose the Rebel
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, I think it's cute like yours! Luckily I was able to get to a couple Christmas things but they already went back in hiding. I'm not ready for that yet!

• Fiber Passion
    replied
    10-09-2019, 12:52 PM

Heres my first Christmas Knot Bag! LOVE IT!

1- photo
    2-KnitPicks Wool of the Andes/100% Peruvian Highland Wool/ color Victorian
    3-164 yds
    4-Time it took-- well for me it was a couple of days off and on. But one could complete in a day with just knitting ( just a few hours)
    5-This was not a difficult pattern to follow. I used the chart and the written instructions are well done. I did enjoy knitting this project

Extra notes- I tried the Jeny's Surprisingly stretchy cast off (which I think is really neat how it works) but my cuff was way to big (its my knitting) so I just used a regular bind off. A lot tighter but it worked better for my bag. I would like to do this bag in a different type of yarn, something with a sheen to it would be awesome. This bag has so many possibilities, adding beads, embroidery, a very light felting would be interesting. Its a beautiful bag design and I can't wait to see how others knitted theirs. Thank You again Char

Working on the tweed bag

This bag is right off the needles so unwashed and blocked.

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_0547 (2).JPG Views:\t17 Size:\t67.8 KB ID:\t30762","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"30762","data-size":"medium"}

Leave a comment:

• Fiber Passion
    commented on 's reply
    Wow that is beautiful and looks like your ready for the Holidays : ) its such a cute bag!

• Rose the Rebel
    replied
    I just finished your cute little gift bag! What a fun knit to get me thinking about Christmas early this year
    1) Picture included
    2) I used Caron Simply Soft in the color dark sage. This is a weight category 4 but on the light side. I decided to use my US 4 magic loop needles so my bag wouldn't turn out way bigger but it actually turned out a little smaller than your dimensions. I think the US 5 with the weight class 4 yarn would have worked just fine.
    3) Approximately 61 grams/132 yards were used
    4) It took me about 8-10 hours to complete give or take an hour because I had many interruptions and may have lost track
    5) I would consider this project in the easy category. New knitters should have no problem following this pattern. I followed both the written instructions and the chart, both match and I didn't find any mistakes between them. The chart was very well made and easy to follow.
    6) If you didn't catch them yet....I noticed in the written instructions for round 31 it says (k1,p1) twice times. I think you meant two times or just twice. Also, in the instructions for the straps it says Round 1......., since the straps are worked flat, should this be Row 1?

I thought this was a fun project and would like to make more with different colors, and maybe even do one in color work. Great job Char! Thanks for including me on your test!
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20191011_131437.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t67.8 KB ID:\t31003","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"31003","data-size":"medium"}

Leave a comment:

• Char
    replied
    Rose the Rebel knitter131 Fiber Passion would you please copy your final testing post, comments and picture here? I am thinking I need them here to be considered โ€œfinalโ€. :-)

Thank you again for taking part in this!!! Your feedback is very helpful. โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Leave a comment:

• Char
    replied
    I have started a test knit in the test knitters group - see you guys there!

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...stmas-knot-bag

Leave a comment:

• knitter131
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, thatโ€™s fine. I just purchased a skein of red yarn for this bag. Should arrive Wednesday ๐Ÿ˜Š. When would you like the test completed?

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X