Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback

Admin - what a wonderful job you have done with this site as we have grown by leaps and bounds!!!

One question - is there an option you can toggle on that will send us to the “first unread” post in a topic? It would be very helpful to have that as the forums grow - which they surely will with lightening speed.

Many thanks to you and Wife, and all of your team!

edit to say when I select “latest” (or whatever it is) it winds up being similar to reading a newspaper from the bottom up. 🤣
    Last edited by Char; 07-13-2019, 10:49 AM.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

I think there is an option that will do that but I need to find it without breaking anything else :-D.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

Whatever you did worked!

Oops - never mind. That only worked when I click on a notification.

Comment

I believe there may be a bug in the groups. It says our sock knitting group has four pages of group members, however I can only see the first page. The arrow to the next page doesn't seem to let me page to the next. I was trying to decide if someone was already a member or if I needed to invite them to join, but I can only see one page.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted vbulletin to see what they have to say, I'm not seeing any errors on why it's not paging. If you enter "2" in the page field it will add a p=2 to the URL but still doesn't display the second page of users. I'll let you know when I hear back.

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          You are awesome. Thank you

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          There is an update for vbulletin that has some small fixes for groups, I'm going to see what it will take to install that and get it scheduled that may have a fix for this.

Is there a way that "notifications" can stick around until they are deleted, or at least individually clicked on, or marked in some way, by the user? I find that if I have 3 notifications on the sock KAL, if I click on 1, all of them go away from that thread. So - I might have someone ask a question from page 3, that I'll completely miss because I clicked on a notification from page 7, and that wipes away all of the other notifications from that thread.

For example: I get three notifications:
        Knitter A commented on your reply in Sock KAL
        Knitter B posted to your subscribed thread Sock KAL
        Knitter C liked your post in Sock KAL

If I click on Knitter C (that is on top, so most recent), when I return to my notifications the notification for Knitter A's comment is wiped away so I have no idea which comment they posted about unless I re read every page to find out which comment is new.

I know a lot of times this type of thing is a "switch" or radio button somewhere, and easy for you to change. Thank you again for all you do.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a filter in your notifications section on the righthand side above where the notifications are that you can select to display "Dismissed only", that will allow you to see the dismissed notifications from when you went to the thread so you can go back and find the exact posts. Not a perfect solution but that should help if you end up with a few notifications on the same topic.

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome - thank you!

Char (and Admin), to go to the first new post in a topic, click the white double-headed down-pointing arrows in the blue circle to the left of the topic title, rather than the topic title itself.
        Download for free my comprehensive, twelve-hundred-page (!) book, Stitch by Bloody Stitch: Knitting Charts Explained, at my website, http://hollybriscoe.com/first-edition-announced/

Comment

A couple thoughts on the Groups...

It would be nice to have the group topics show up first. Right now I have to scroll by posts to other groups to get to the posts to the group I am in.

Is there a way to default to “topic” view under groups, instead of comment view? Similar to how the forums are set up? Right now I have to use the drop down box to get it, but if a moderator could set a default for this, I would definitely pick default.

thank you for all you do!

Comment

• Admin
            Admin commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think there is for all groups, if you want to check in on a group you're in to see what's going on you can click "My Groups" on the Groups homepage, then select the 3 horizontal line icon, it will give you a list view of what the latest updates are in your groups then you can go in the group and explore.

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. :-)
        Working...
        X