Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Marketplace Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace Status

We were working on a partnership with another company to have them run and own the marketplace, that fell through. We're still working on getting it online but it's taking a little bit of time.

Here's what we have so far, I've disabled payments because we're not ready to be live quite yet, it's all paperwork and business side the software is working pretty well.

https://store.ourunraveled.com/
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Wow! That's looking great so far. Thanks for keeping us updated. You've done so much in such a short period of time.

Comment

it is happening, slowly but surely.

Comment

That’s looking really good! 👏🏻

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I just took a quick tour, and I really like it.

Comment

There's a lot to like there! Is there any way to sort by pattern type? For instance just "shawls", or "toys", etc. Ha - just found it! Nice! And PayPal? Yes please!
              Last edited by Woolfan; 07-25-2019, 02:24 AM. Reason: Answered my own question. Doh!!! 🙄
              ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

I just checked out current status on the Marketplace, and am delighted to see the beginning of filters for patterns. This (and the projects posted by previous crafters for any particular pattern) is the great strength of R's marketplace: the ability for the customer to input parameters and come up with patterns meeting those criteria.

The larger the pattern base, the better. The more refined the search filters, the better. LoveCrafts tries but can't clear the bar set by R. We need to fly right over that bar.

So exciting to see this marketplace actually starting to unravel!

"Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path."
                Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really like the details that are revealed when you click on the pattern. Very good, very complete; they answer all the questions a crafter brings to a search.

This marketplace is looking very professional! I am mightily encouraged. It's going to set a new standard for pattern databases.

Way to go, Admin and Snickerdoodle!

Question - will patterns be able to be listed as Free? If so, will customers still need to have some sort of Marketplace account set up that is linked to a credit card/PayPal/etc., or will they be able to download the free patterns without having to input payment information? Thanks!

Comment

• Admin
                  Admin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They will be able to download free patterns without payment info, I think they will still need to enter user/e-mail info as a standard checkout but no payment will be due or needed.

That's just outstanding! Super excited for this to come to fruition!
                Debbie

So much yarn, so few hiding spots!

Book Challenge 2019 40/50

TexasPurl Designs / Trello Knitting Board / Trello Crochet Board

Comment

I love the marketplace!!! Can’t wait until it is open. :-)

Question - will you be leaving the gift certificate starting point at $50? It would be nice to be able to gift something lower - under $10 (many patterns elsewhere are less than $6.00) so we can gift a pattern in knit alongs.... trying to promote Our Unraveled by bringing people to the store without breaking the bank if we gift often.
                  Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• Admin
                    Admin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll have a look, I hadn't really played with it much.

• Admin
                    Admin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I updated it to be $10 minimum, any less than that and we would take a loss on the transaction fees.

• Char
                    Char commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! :-). You are awesome.

Looking very good. You guys rock!!! Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

This is looking great!

Comment

Keep up the good work--thanks for all you're doing! It looks awesome and has much potential!

Comment

I had a look at marketplace and I liked what I saw. But when I tried to log in, it said username, email and password are not recognised. Will it be two separate logins or it is just development stage? Thank you.

Comment

• Admin
                          Admin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah different logins, we will have a link to the marketplace from here and the goal would be to allow for connecting the two logins together so you could save to the community. But, I really don't want them to be completely merged together, due to the damage caused to the designer/dyer/seller community with discussion board and marketplace being integrated at R I don't want to follow that model. If for some reason the discussion board piece doesn't work out or whatever I wouldn't want it to impact the marketplace and vice versa.
                      Working...
                      X