728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

New Ownership!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– So glad this site is going to continue. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ This does feel like my first real fiber-centered home after R, and has a special place in my heart. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Deepest gratitude to everyone keeping this site growing!
    โ€‹"โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

I am so happy to see that this site is going to continue . As others have said, there is a sense of belonging that you donโ€™t get elsewhere.

@Admin and snickerdoodle Thank you so much for all your hard work. We get a bit spoilt by the amount of things that are available on the Internet, we come to expect whatever we want just to be there and we donโ€™t always realise how much goes on behind the scenes. This has been a huge undertaking, it has gone from strength to strength and I for one really appreciate everything you have done.

Char Well, you kept that to yourself, didnโ€™t you, missus?!! (Just kidding ) I wish you all the best in this new project and I agree with your comment in the New Ownership announcement that we all need to help to build content. The bigger, the better, and it will help to attract other people to become members if we have lots of patterns, tips and information available โ€“ maybe get it all into a searchable database at some time in the future, or am I getting ahead of myself here? I am off now to see whether I have anything photographable (is that a word?) and fit to be seen by the whole wide world!

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ can I plead innocence? Lol

Yes - a searchable database is definitely on the to do list... a couple of other things first, but yes - definitely on the list.

Char I'm beyond happy. I love this site and have been so comfortable and welcomed here. Also, thank you to Admin and snickerdoodle for getting us started. I look forward to watching and helping (if possible) to the growth of this community.

Comment

WAVE Hi Everyone, as part of transitioning to more of a technical support role I've changed my name from Admin to Name_Null (geek talk). Since Char will be Fiberkind Queen I didn't want to be mistaken to overshadow her new role as Owner of the site.
        โ€œThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Formerly FK - Admin

Comment

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          She will do a great job, but so glad you're hanging on with us and not riding off into the sunset.

LThis is what I was hoping for! So glad we can build on the foundation laid for us! Thanks @admin and snickerdoodle. Thanks so much! Char

Comment

Char Ahhh!!! I am so pleased that you bought the site, I had a sudden worry that someone โ€œunknownโ€ had snatched it up and it would change completely. I know now itโ€™s in good hands!!!

Which of course was silly, because looking at what good care Name_Null and snickerdoodle has taken of the site I should have known that they would never sell it to just anybody.

Comment

• Hellokitten
            Hellokitten commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys Rock!

• shrikewoman
            shrikewoman commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, sorry!! I had assumed that money was involved. That is so awesome though!!

• Name_Null
            Name_Null commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries, I know there have been people starting rumors that we were trying to profit from selling data and other unethical practices. I wanted to be clear that it was not the case is all. Excited to help Char keep the site going and take it forward.

This is such exciting news, Char! Youโ€™ve been a wonderful foundation to this site, and Iโ€™m thrilled that you are taking this on so that our community can continue. I was feeling very sad that the site was going to close, so Iโ€™m very happy that youโ€™re able to do this.

Name_Null and snickerdoodle, I donโ€™t know how to adequately thank you for all of your hard work in creating this site. I hope that you will continue to be part of our community as our founders, and pray that God will continue to bless you and your family. I appreciate you very much.
          Last edited by AmazedbyGrace; 01-08-2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Char That's great news! So glad that this site will continue on!

Comment

Thank you for keeping things going. It would have been so hard to find a new home again. Thanks Char!!

Comment

Thank You guys for working hard together and making Fiberkind a place to share our gifts , help each other, get inspired and have a place to call our own. That's home, that's
                Nothing is impossible, the word itself say's "I'm Possible"
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

THANK YOU!
                  THANK YOU!
                  THANK YOU!

@char
                  @name_null
                  @snickerdoodle
                  @heatherathebyne

Comment

@admin snickerdoodle Thank you for all your hard work building this community!

Char Congratulations! I am so excited for you to start your new adventure. It's no wonder you didn't get much knitting done this last week. You had to have been just a little busy with all of this. LOL

Comment

• Char
                      Char commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes - the test knit is currently "in hand" so when I have a break with my customer, and I have caught up here, I can knit!

Thank you all so much for not letting FiberKind die out. I don't have a lot of time to read or post (taking care of grandbabies) but I'm happy to know y'all are here to come to when I have a moment.

Comment

Happy to know the site will continue to grow and improve

Comment

Thank you to Name_Null and snickerdoodle for the creation and development of this site, and the hard work you've done to make it a wonderful place. It's great that you'll still be here.
                        Char, thank you for stepping in as the new owner, and all that you've done building this site from the beginning.
                        HeatherAthebyne, congratulations on your new role and thank you for helping to keep this site going from strength to strength.
                        Last edited by AuntyM; 01-12-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                        X