LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

YouTube Videos - Long or Short?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Videos - Long or Short?

I'm working on a new video to upload to my YouTube channel. I'm trying to decide which way to go with it. When looking at crochet videos on YouTube, do you prefer...

1. A long video that covers every step of a project from start to finish, even if it's 30 minutes to over one hour long.

2. A playlist of shorter videos, dividing the project into segments, with each segment being no longer than 10 to 15 minutes.

3. Other. Please explain.

I don't watch YouTube very often, only for technical advice. I prefer the shorter videos for information I'm looking for.

I followed a project for a Tunisian Entrelac once. I was grateful she broke it into shorter segments.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD -172/YTD -576 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 42/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

“Properly practiced, knitting (& crochet) soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
    Elizabeth Zimmerman with edits by me

Comment

I prefer shorter videos, even if it is in multiple parts. I get distracted easily, and shorter videos ...

Oh look - a squirrel!
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: zero; YTD -276

Comment

• Kathy7661
        Kathy7661 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol 😂 You're too funny!

If it's an instructional video I prefer shorter and to the point.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all your input. So, it's obvious the shorter videos (in a series/playlist) are preferred. How, then, would you feel about a long video that had details in the description box that listed the time stamps and topics to be found there?

For example...
        01:15 Round 1
        02:25 Round 2
        03:55 Round 3
        08:41 Border Round 1
        09:27 Border Round 2
        etc.

Comment

• TexasPurl
          TexasPurl commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh! That's a great idea!

• Kathy7661
          Kathy7661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that would work for me. Videos would be great if they were time stamped with techniques too.

So noted. I'm working on that now. Thanks so much for your helpful feedback.

Comment

OK, folks. Here's my freshly published video with the timestamps in the description. Let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/IOdD0gOwSjw

Comment

• Kathy7661
            Kathy7661 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice tutorial! Time stamps are great!! 👍

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good! I’m going to remember this when I want to try this technique again!

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X