Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

My Anthem Lately, what's yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Anthem Lately, what's yours?

With all the stuff going on, this has been my anthem, doing my best to be kind and pleasant to everyone. I sincerely appreciate all the kindness shown to me since starting this endeavor, thank you all for that.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Formerly FK - Admin

My anthem (favorite song) is JJ Jackson, But It’s Alright! I can even make it work for the current situation.

“You don’t know how I,feel, you’ll never know how I feel. When I needed you to come around, you always tried to put me down. Oh but i’m telling you girl, believe me when I say that you are surely surely gonna pay girl, but it’s alright, alright now.”

eta: second is Boston’s Don’t Look Back. That works too
    Last edited by Pumpkin59; 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Lead on, Admin, lead on! You got a lot of folks out here following your footsteps.
      Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Comment

Oldies but goodies:
        Let's Work Together - Canned Heat, 1969
        Get Together - Youngbloods, 1967
        Last edited by qfknit; 07-19-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Cookiecat
          Cookiecat commented
          Editing a comment
          Love them both especially the second one!

Just one more thing that makes you so awesome!!!

I dare say snickerdoodle may be the envy of all of ladies here. lol
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = +1; YTD = 16

Comment

Oh - here's my anthem - this website has made me HAPPY!

Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = +1; YTD = 16

Comment

• sherryglover1
            sherryglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            GOD, My husband, family and "Our Unraveled" Make Me Happy!!! So NICE to come to a Happy Group!

Be Different! Be Nice! Just Smile! I promise it'll change your life! This has been on repeat for me too.

Comment

Kindness begets Kindness ☺

Comment

I saw an interview with the Christian actress Candace Cameron-Bure a while back. She has written a book about being kind and when I heard her interview, it inspired me to be more active about being kind. Now when I get aggravated at things in my daily life (people who walk really slow in grocery stores and clog up the aisle!), I remind myself to "Be kind." I remind myself that maybe they don't have long legs like me that are still able to move fast. When someone is rude, I tell myself they may have no idea how rude they are. Being rude back accomplishes nothing but being kind to someone might make their day a lot brighter. Trolls on the internet must be really damaged people to behave that way. We should just pray for them.
              Naperville, IL - Growing Zone 5b

2020 50 Book Challenge = 2

Comment

I just want to have fun...knitting.

Comment

Have recently made the decision to vacate as much "social media" as I can. Trying to go back to my peaceful life where I did personally favorite things during the day. Filling my hours with as much happiness as possible. Going back to "looking at news once a day" like we did before the internet. I have come to the conclusion that although there are the most wonderful things to find on the internet, it can also be a very dangerous thing to both mental and physical health.

Comment

• Name_Null
                    Name_Null commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, I was diagnosed with a fairly significant chronic illness a couple years ago. I spent 2 weeks immersing myself in all research and forums I could to learn everything I could. I started getting anxiety, I couldn't focus it was all I could think about. People in a lot of the "support" groups were so incredibly negative that it was just stressful. I muted all the groups, I would check them once every couple days and try to uplift a new member but otherwise I left it alone. I went back to my life, got back on to living, my anxiety went away and I was back to living like normal.

It's amazing how delving into the depressing places can have such an immediate and profound impact. It can be reversed by just avoiding those places nearly as quickly as it started.

MaryJ I agree. Although there is so much to "learn" - is it really relevant? And at what cost to our daily lives and interactions with friends and family.

Comment

Admin - like you, I was diagnosed with an illness a while ago and spent the next six months reading EVERYTHING about it and obsessing about it and worrying about it. It became too much. I finally decided on a short list of all the best ideas from what I had read and then just lived as healthily as I could. The stress and anxiety went down immediately. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow.
                    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      With all the stuff going on, this has been my anthem, doing my best to be kind and pleasant to everyone. I sincerely appreciate all the kindness shown to me since starting this endeavor, thank you all for that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	8976

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post

Hadn't heard of the song, but the video brings back fond memories of the roller skating rink!!!

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                        X