LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

SkeinLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkeinLink

As our announcement indicates, we have launched SkeinLink ! It is a work in progress, so please be patient, but it is a place you can start storing all of your projects, and you can house your stash and such.

Please feel free to post any questions you might have about SkeinLink.

As I indicated in the announcement, you must PM me your email address to sign up for SkeinLink as it is part of fiberkind, but can also be a stand alone program.

Keep in mind, this is definitely a work in progress. We'll get there, but we can't do it all in a day.

Merry Christmas!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD +106; YTD +246
    Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

This is exciting! And we can all be kinda like beta testers so that she can fine tune everything. I love that! Going over to send you my email right now.
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -34 WTD -12
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      You should have a setup email!

So excited for this! I have some of mine on there, but have a long ways to go. Another excuse to reorganize my stash this coming winter.

Comment

Char, do I need a new link even if I was in the original group? I can't seem to be able to sign in. Never mind, I just saw your comment about the password autofill wanting to use my FK password. I'll give it another try.

ETA: That worked. I just typed in the password manually.

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Glad it worked.

Char, thank you for setting me up in SkeinLink. I didn't see a forget password choice, I probably overlooked it :/ Hopefully it remembers the new one...

Anyway, it looks like an awesome feature!
      "We are all normal and we want our freedom"

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get in ok?

Char, I got in fine the first time. Going back to see if I can upload a picture

Comment

Would like to upload a picture. Can that only be done on the initial entry?

Comment

Char I am having problems uploading pictures to both fiberkind and skeinlink both of them just sit and think and don't actually upload the picture. I've tried from both the comuter and the tablet.
          Linda
          2021 Stasbusting week ending 5/1 WTD = 0 YTD = +56
          2020 Stash busted +160
          Book Challenge 66/100; 15 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
          The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

Ok - I am going to ring Heather and see what happened, but she might not get to it over the next couple days. 🎄
            Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD +106; YTD +246
            Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• crosstitchlinda
              crosstitchlinda commented
              Editing a comment
              No problem, and Merry Christmas.

OK pictures are working both places today!! Thanks Heather if you changed something. Maybe things were just too busy on the internet with the Christamas holiday.
            Linda
            2021 Stasbusting week ending 5/1 WTD = 0 YTD = +56
            2020 Stash busted +160
            Book Challenge 66/100; 15 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
            The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Char
              Char commented
              Editing a comment
              Wonderful! It is happy again.

Good morning. I have just now been able to browse thru Skeinlink and am adding the first skein of yarn from my stash. Is there a way drag and drop a photo of our yarn in the program? It currently asks you to upload a file, but I do not have my pictures stored as a file. My pictures are in a cell on my Stash Excel Spreadsheet & being able to drag and drop would be very helpful.
            "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Char
              Char commented
              Editing a comment
              HeatherAthebyne - Can you please add some insight to this?

Thank you!

• HeatherAthebyne
              HeatherAthebyne commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as I know, directly dragging and dropping pictures from Excel (even with changes on the SkeinLink side) isn't supported for any website. If you don't have the original pictures stored somewhere, you should be able to extract them from *a COPY of* your spreadsheet file. https://www.howtogeek.com/50628/easi...2007-document/ has the details.

• plainjaneknitter
              plainjaneknitter commented
              Editing a comment
              Char and HeatherAthebyne Thank you so much. I wasn’t sure and thought I’d ask. I do not have any original pictures and will have to save them individually to upload here.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X