This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Shawl Make Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawl Make Along

We are having a shawl Make Along (any craft) in the knit alongs area. So - grab your needles, hooks, and crafts and join in the fun!

If you are searching for a shawl pattern, check out the free patterns group - lots of shawls there!!!

We are holding the chatter and such here:

https://fiberkind.com/forum/knitting...awl-make-along
    Starts
    09-11-2019
    Ends
    10-31-2019
    Last edited by Char; 09-12-2019, 09:52 AM.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Do WIP's count? I'd love to knit along and just started a new shawl a few days ago. (No worries if WIP's don't count.)

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      knitterlady13 Sure! Bring your WIP and come along!!!

• knitterlady13
      knitterlady13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks! The shawl is pretty repetitive, but the Wendy's Wonders gradient yarn is helping a bit. I could definitely use the motivation of an "along".

I'm highly interested but would join in late.
    I'm actually a bit over-committed until after Christmas... I'd truly welcome a KAL for a larger project, such as a shawl, at that time. At the moment, it's a bit of a challenge to even sneak in a pair of socks... and I still have my UFO watermelon blanket to complete (hopefully this month).

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally understand. We would, of course, welcome you any time - even if it is just to check in and see what we are up to and say hi. :-)

Count me in! I started a Papillon shawl last week and would love to participate.
    Book Challenge 16/50 (not counting the 2 books I just could not finish for fear of killing brain cells)

Comment

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh! I have seen photos of a few of those completed... gorgeous!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EE8AFA05-59A3-48E3-82E2-FDF00B15FEC1.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	31865 Is it too late to join? I didn’t notice this event til today. I have been working on “Cakes Two to Tango” shawl by Gwen Kok. I had downloaded this free pattern on R a while ago, made one using worsted, now doing it again using 2 cakes of Lion Brand Wool-Ease dk.
    Last edited by KnittingNana; 10-20-2019, 09:24 AM. Reason: Photo didn’t attach

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Not too late at all!!! :-)

Is this knit with two rows, then switch the color? Very nice!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4144.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	32065It's done! I finished it last night. Very pleased with it. Out of the 2 full cakes of Wool-Ease DK cakes, there are 55 yds left over, used 1124 yd. Final (unblocked) measurements are: 66" wingspan x 31" deep. The sides are 45" each. I used a small picot stitch for the 2 sides (from the pattern options) & just a single crochet along the top.

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty 😀

• DJM
      DJM commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the way the color changes. What pattern did you use?

• KnittingNana
      KnittingNana commented
      Editing a comment
      The name of the pattern is “two cakes to tango” (see #5 for more info on it). I used the same pattern once before with worsted weight - premier sweet roll & some red heart super saver that was gifted to me but it came out rather stiff. Not sure if it was the yarn or the hook was too small but this one was ‘just right’ 👍😉🤗

I made this from the yarn I won in the September sock KAL. LizB offered a skein from her Etsy store, Yarn By the Bay. It's beautiful and so squishy!
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD - 6, YTD + 174

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X