Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

The Great Lakes Fiber Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Lakes Fiber Show

THE 25th ANNUAL GREAT LAKES FIBER SHOW

May 23, 2020 - 10 am to 5 pm

May 24, 2020 - 10 am to 4 pm

SERVICE PETS WELCOME

Always held on Saturday & Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend
    Getting bigger and better every year, the Great Lakes Fiber Show returns to the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster, Ohio on Memorial Day Weekend, bringing over 100 of your favorite vendors, great workshops, and a range of free activities for two days of fun —
    • Vendors offering everything from raw fiber, lovely yarns, to finished items
    • Great tools for spinning, weaving, knitting & more
    • Wool Fleece Show & Sale
    • Skein Competition
    • Knitted Garment Competition
    • Workshops with top instructors across fiber-related crafts (pre-paid registration)
    • Free demonstrations and free activities for kids
    • and more!
    https://greatlakesfibershow.com/

Starts
    05-23-2020
    Ends
    05-24-2020
    WAYNE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS 199 Vanover Street • Wooster, OH

This is a really good show. Come with your walking shoes, and be prepared for sensory overload. SQUIRREL!!
    My advice is get there early, otherwise you may be waiting in a line just to get into some of the vendor booths, lol.
    Also, be prepared to have blown your budget before you make it through all of the barns
    Don't forget to stop and say 'Hi' to the sheep. Just be careful, hubby and I were >>>thisclose<<< to buying a gorgeous Border Leicester ram. His fleece was so dreamy, and the luster was outstanding. I was petting him and mentally knitting straight from his back
    Last edited by BonBon; 07-19-2019, 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

awwww... I miss Great Lakes! I haven't been there in decades! I used to live there when I was a child, in fact, my brother was born in Great Lakes. We were military brats

Comment

This, and A Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs, Ohio, are the two fiber events that I try to attend every year. The Great Lakes Fiber Show really does get bigger, and better, every year! Thank you for posting this! 😊
        ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

I might have to make a detour on my way to Michigan, am planning on a trip about that time next year. Now I may have to add this to my list of places to see. I have never been to a fiber show, or anything like it....

Comment

• BonBon
            BonBon commented
            Editing a comment
            If you've never been to a fiber show, this would be a good one to start with. Ample, free parking. Not too big, not too small. Excellent selection of vendors. Friendly people who enjoy talking about their love of fiber. It's a good show, in a nice town. My only (wee) criticism, is that they haven't got quite enough food and beverage vendors. I live in the area, so I don't generally plan to eat there, but I've noticed tat the food truck lines are looooong!
        Working...
        X