Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

The best little yarn crawl in texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best little yarn crawl in texas

This is the 13th year of the Best Little Yarn Crawl In Texas, also known as the Hill Country Yarn Crawl. From its inception, there have been guidelines determining how shops could be added to the crawl. Over the years, we grew from just a few stores to the 16 shops currently participating across several counties in Texas. During this growth, we decided it was necessary to define the physical boundaries of the crawl and added to our bylaws that any shops added to the crawl going forward must be within an 85-mile radius from the Texas State Capitol in Austin. All the participating shops at that time that were outside of the range were grandfathered into the Crawl. All shops added to the crawl since that time have been within the 85-mile radius rule.

Click image for larger version  Name:	facebookProfileblycit_2019FacebookProfile-768x591.png Views:	0 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	5324
    Starts
    10-11-2019
    Ends
    10-21-2019
    Debbie

So much yarn, so few hiding spots!

Book Challenge 2019 40/50

TexasPurl Designs / Trello Knitting Board / Trello Crochet Board

I wish you would talk to the yarnies about the crawl. As it current stands we are kind of bored with it. the yarn is usual a special order with an especially high price discounted to a rather high price and that is it. How about having a part of a scarf pattern at each shop, go to the shop get the pattern use yarns at various price points. Once the crawl is over you have a knitalong with prizes. Lots of us on the yarn crawl have a tremendous amount of yarn so we really don’t need anything. What about a treasure hunt, a game of clue but using a yarn theme. Also what about a booklet of your own with tips nd tricks for your knitters?How about a swatch blanket? Each store has a design of their own in a swatch and you collect all the patterns to make a blanket. Have a theme, year of the shawl, do something that is innovative.

Comment

Originally posted by patty View Post
      I wish you would talk to the yarnies about the crawl. As it current stands we are kind of bored with it. the yarn is usual a special order with an especially high price discounted to a rather high price and that is it. How about having a part of a scarf pattern at each shop, go to the shop get the pattern use yarns at various price points. Once the crawl is over you have a knitalong with prizes. Lots of us on the yarn crawl have a tremendous amount of yarn so we really don’t need anything. What about a treasure hunt, a game of clue but using a yarn theme. Also what about a booklet of your own with tips nd tricks for your knitters?How about a swatch blanket? Each store has a design of their own in a swatch and you collect all the patterns to make a blanket. Have a theme, year of the shawl, do something that is innovative.
      Hi Patty!
      I'm not an organizer for the crawl. I simply shared the event. Although i don't disagree with you, I'm not associated with the event.
      Debbie

So much yarn, so few hiding spots!

Book Challenge 2019 40/50

TexasPurl Designs / Trello Knitting Board / Trello Crochet Board

Comment

Oh my! This coincides with Texas Wine Month! I'm always looking for an excuse to visit the Texas Hill Country

Comment

I have participated the last two years and had a great time. The first year I went by myself and last year it was the most fun with a friend and fellow yarn lover. I am sure any of the shop owners on the hop would love those suggestions, as we can always make it better.

Comment

Working...
          X