Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

6,000yr old fabric reveals Peruvians dyeing textiles W/indigo before Egyptians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6,000yr old fabric reveals Peruvians dyeing textiles W/indigo before Egyptians

https://www.latimes.com/science/scie...k3BxBUsL2AP_WE

AmyW1205 Thanks for sharing! I'd like to go to that area. Peru has such a rich and interesting cultural history. We've been talking about going to the Sacred Valley sometime soon - maybe next year - (which is probably overrun with tourists). It's a long way from there to Huaca Prieta, but maybe we need to add that to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by knitterlady13 View Post
      AmyW1205 Thanks for sharing! I'd like to go to that area. Peru has such a rich and interesting cultural history. We've been talking about going to the Sacred Valley sometime soon - maybe next year - (which is probably overrun with tourists). It's a long way from there to Huaca Prieta, but maybe we need to add that to the list.
      That would be a fabulous trip!!! If you go, I want to see pics!

Comment

• knitterlady13
        knitterlady13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely! I am hoping for 2020. We were going to go to Australia in March, but I think we're going to postpone that for a year because we want to get our diving certificates first. So Peru may get slotted first.

TFS (thanks for sharing) cool story
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
      =====
      My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

Originally posted by wheat View Post

TFS (thanks for sharing) cool story
        You're most welcome!

Comment

That is so interesting. I love to read about the history of textiles, especially knitting.

Comment

Working...
          X