Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

unraveled and looking for a home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unraveled and looking for a home

Hi all! I’ve been knitting since my first grand was born about 7 years ago. My daughter gave me my 5th grand baby in March. I knit every day and love it. I have a massive yarn stash that I’ll never get to like a lot of people I suspect.

Im hoping to connect with other knitters and yarn hoarders!

Welcome! I think you'll like it here

Comment

From a fellow yarn hoarder...... Welcome! I think you'll like it hear plenty

Comment

Welcome, thasista !

Look around the FORUMS, join a few GROUPS, make yourself at home.

Comment

Welcome! I think you're going to love it here. Once you get your land legs check out this group. (The https:// link, the other one goes back to the main page for some reason.

https://vb.ourunraveled.com/sguncate...hold-of-heaven

Admin, when you get a chance linking to a group didn't work.
          Last edited by FreedomLover; 08-21-2019, 04:57 PM.
          In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

thasistaRose the Rebel - you might also check out the Subdue the Stash group - we just started of a stash buster knit along.

https://vb.ourunraveled.com/sguncate...bdue-the-stash
            Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• qfknit
              qfknit commented
              Editing a comment
              Char - just joined. I'm checking my yarn labels for the August sock KAL... I may be knitting up a respectable number of yards...
              But am I worthy of being considered a stash-buster...?

• Char
              Char commented
              Editing a comment
              qfknit - you are worthy! :-)

• qfknit
              qfknit commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, thanks, Char!

Thanks y’all. I’m figuring out how to get around in here.!

Comment

• qfknit
              qfknit commented
              Editing a comment
              Feel free to post questions...!

Welcome

I don't think of my self as a yarn hoarder. I am a the curator of a large personal collection of eclectic yarns and fibers. My family thinks I hoard yarn.

Have fun here
            Last edited by Greennana; 08-21-2019, 08:32 PM.
            Normal is just a town in Illinois, far from where I live.

Comment

• stasher
              stasher commented
              Editing a comment
              Than your stash must be perfectly organized!
              I am a hoarder and proud with very messy SABLE twice over)

• Sings4joy
              Sings4joy commented
              Editing a comment
              There was a very generous woman at R that needed to clear out much of her stash and she almost pleaded with me to take it. How could I possibly say NO? So after going through it to figure out what I really didn't enjoy touching/working with, I passed some along and then stored everything in plastic boxes, sorted according to fiber. I also identify with being a curator of a large personal collection of eclectic yarns and fibers...and fabric!
              :-D

• Natasha25461
              Natasha25461 commented
              Editing a comment
              🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 What a great way to describe it! I'll have to try that on my hubby and see if it works!

thasista Welcome! I'm also a yarn hoarder and proud of it!

Comment

thasista Welcome, come join us on the Subdue the Stash group, if you would like to thin out your stash.

Comment

Welcome thasista! Glad you found us here

Comment

Welcome and now time to get back to taking the time to enjoy the making
                  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
                  =====
                  My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

Originally posted by thasista View Post
                    Hi all! I’ve been knitting since my first grand was born about 7 years ago. My daughter gave me my 5th grand baby in March. I knit every day and love it. I have a massive yarn stash that I’ll never get to like a lot of people I suspect.

Im hoping to connect with other knitters and yarn hoarders!
                    Hey, TS!!!! Good to see you here!!
                    Download for free my comprehensive, twelve-hundred-page (!) book, Stitch by Bloody Stitch: Knitting Charts Explained, at my website, http://hollybriscoe.com/first-edition-announced/

Comment

I signed up on OurUnraveled in the beginning. I knew it would take some time to get things set up. I have watched more yarn YouTube videos in the last 8 weeks than ever before. My main concern is getting my stash listed somewhere so I can check what I have before running to my LYS to buy yarn for a project I want to make. I miss that function from R. I have downloaded at least 6 different apps trying to “reload” my close to 300 Skeins of yarn. The closest thing I found to my liking is an old app called “ Mind My Stash”. I messaged the owners, and they were gracious enough to answer back. They do not have any plans to update their app. I had asked if there was a way to download my stash list from R, but that is something I will need to do some day SOON. I always entered my new yarn into Stash within a day of purchasing it. Now I feel so lost. I have new yarn from the last 8-9 weeks listed in the Mind My Stash app.

What do others do to keep track of their stash? Am I missing some wonderful place I can list my yarn, save my finished projects, list future projects to stay organized?

Comment

• ILVLUCY
                        ILVLUCY commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I miss all that too. I especially miss looking at other project notes from patterns I'm knitting. I'd love to be able to set up a project page with pictures etc. I noticed that there is something called "project blogs" I don't know if that's what I need to do....or what? I don't really don't know what a project blog is. I'm feeling lost too. It's really affected my knitting passion. I'm hoping these type of things will become available here in the future. Meanwhile I'm trying to keep knitting.

• qfknit
                        qfknit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL, I store my stash low-tech:
                        I place each newly purchased skein in a large, 70-qt (66L) translucent, stackable Sterilite bin with a clear cover... sorted by color and yarn type.
                        On my laptop, I have a word document and an excel spreadsheet to track what I want to.
                        I also have paper notes, and graph paper tablets. Sometimes I put those papers into a bin together with the related yarn, so it is like a kit.

I like the idea of putting a hard copy of what I have in the tote(s)! I am not too smart when it comes to designing anything on the computer. The kids usually helped me when I needed something. They are all married and moved away. I worked in an office for 33 years, but everything was software made. We were not allowed to create/design anything.
                      Maybe just a piece of lined paper and start recording!
                      Thanks!

Comment

• qfknit
                        qfknit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Simplicity is bliss.

That said, if you have excel on your laptop, sometime you just might want to play with it a little...
                        set up rows and columns to accommodate typing in the notes you have made on paper.

• annekepoot
                        annekepoot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's what I've begun as well - a binder for all my projects with all the pertinent information on yarn, pattern, needles etc. a print copy of the pattern and a photo or two of the project, yarn label, example of the yarn etc. That was my only regret in leaving R - losing all my project notes because, to tell the truth, I was too lazy to figure out how to transfer all the info on more than 100 projects.

• qfknit
                        qfknit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL, this provides us with a great opportunity for exercising our organizational skills again.
                        There is an exhilarating sense of freedom and independence in creating ones own system...
                    Working...
                    X