Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Hi Everyone!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!!

I'm a new member! YAAAAY! I found out what Ravelry did last night while looking for patterns for stuff to make for Christmas. I deleted my account right then. Then I saw some Facebook groups and saw fiberkind.com, fiberocity.com, craftkeeper.net, and craftersbooty.com!! πŸ˜„ There's so many options now! I'm so excited to be part of each of them and who needs Ravelry anyway? 😝

Welcome! Glad to meet you! Yep, I left, too. I never heard 2 of those websites. Hmmm, gonna go check them out. Have a good day and I am happy you are free from that toxic place! (Shakes your hand and offers you hot cocoa and a doily to put it on.) Hehehehe.

Comment

I just heard of all of them today! I was so upset last night I nearly broke my screen when I unintentionally slammed it down last night. I woke up this morning in a fog and felt sad. Something just said to search for groups on facebook for support. I did and I found all these wonderful sites! Best thing ever! (Shakes hand and happily accepts hot cocoa) what a beautiful doily! 😍

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to this lovely, positive community! We're so glad you found us.

Me too! I'm so happy to be rid of those hypocrites! I don't stay where I'm not wanted. Good riddance! I'm happier knowing I can spend my time on sites that want me there and help them grow!

Freedom lover, I was trying to respond to you. I'm not sure how. πŸ˜•

Comment

Crafty1x100 , welcome, and glad to have you!

One way to "ping" someone is to "@" them, so I typed an at sign immediately followed by the first bit of your user name, then hit Enter to select your specific entry in the pop-up list (if the list is long-ish, you can keep typing more letters, use the arrow keys to move down the entries, or click/tap on the desired entry).

Love the stitch pattern in your profile pic. Does it have a name and/or source?
        Download for free my comprehensive, twelve-hundred-page (!) book, Stitch by Bloody Stitch: Knitting Charts Explained, at my website, http://hollybriscoe.com/first-edition-announced/

Comment

• Crafty1x100
          Crafty1x100 commented
          Editing a comment
          ilexedits I want to see how this works! Goodness gracious, I will try to remember the name of it. I made a shawl for my great niece when she got married with the stitch. That was nearly five years or so ago. She got married in March or April and it was still a bit cold up here. Now I have to pull out my calendar!

Crafty1x100 Welcome. This is a wonderful place to meet and connect with wonderful crafters.

Comment

• Crafty1x100
          Crafty1x100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I can already see that with all the warm welcomes I'm getting! I am very happy to be here!

• Crafty1x100
          Crafty1x100 commented
          Editing a comment
          DJM I just learned how to do this and fascinated with it! My daughter tells me I use things too much when I learn them, but I don't want to forget how! My granddaughter just added a keyboard with all these funny faces and pictures to my phone a couple weeks ago. She did that because I don't understand the snappy chat.

Welcome. A lot of us came here for much the same reasons as you did and it is like a breath of fresh air. Don’t get me wrong, I learned a lot from Ravelry – techniques, types of yarn, all sorts of things. It was not all bad, but I definitely prefer the atmosphere here. I hope you enjoy being here, and remember to speak up if you have any suggestions for improving things – this is still a new site, it is still evolving and most of us like to feel we are all part of that. Most of all, have fun!

Comment

Crafty1x100 when you are in a group you have joined, scroll down to the bottom. There will be a drop down menu that reads β€œlatest” activity. If you click that options come up - my favorite view is β€œtopics” as that truly lists the latest activity where sometimes the latest activity does not.

Here is a screen shot from my phone - hope it helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	570A68C6-0E55-45EB-B832-8C3C267CD96D.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	30702

Knitting is happening here! ❀️

Comment

Welcome aboard! There is a lot going on with Fiberkind! This community has exploded and will continue to grow. It's really been a fun place and a hugely helpful resource for whatever crafting hobby you're into, as well as a place to learn about some you're not yet into--we are excellent enablers. You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X