Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

"Unraveled and drifting" says it all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unraveled and drifting" says it all!

Hi Everyone! I'm Sue from Colorado. I loved the post "Unraveled and Drifting"....perfect! Me too! I had every single one of my projects for 33 years painstakingly documented. All my library. I had tons of helpful hints out there. All gone in a poof of hatred. Have wanted to run back several times, but can't forget the hate. Knitting is love! Creation! Stepping back from craziness in the world, right?
    I started knitting 33 years ago when I was living in a home and pipes froze. Nothing you can do but sit and wait for the thaw....can't turn your back on it for fear of a burst pipe. I grew up with a crocheting mother and grandmother. I always wanted to learn to knit but didn't seem to have time or patience to develop professional stitches. Enter time on my hands in the form of frozen pipes, and I set myself to the task. Decades later, I have a closet full of gorgeous sweaters, drawers of socks, hubby sweaters. Never had kids to knit for, but I do enjoy knitting for my dog sometimes.
    I quit buying knitting books a few years ago, in an effort to minimalize. I use the library to bring home a huge stack of books now and then, linger over them with a cup of coffee. I design my own patterns now for sweaters (I'm not "a designer", I just design for myself instead of using published patterns). Love it all, lace, cables, color. I'm a trader when not knitting.
    Thank you for a the site!!!
    Sue
    Last edited by smasty; 12-17-2019, 12:25 PM.

Welcome Sue, this is a wonderful group of crafters.

Comment

Welcome smasty . I hope you will find FiberKind as warm and welcoming as I have. We have lots of forums, but also more specialized groups. If you have any trouble please give a shout.

oh - there is a “how to and FAQ” under the tech support section. If you would like to tag someone, use the @ and their name with no space and you’ve tagged. :-)

enjoy and we’re happy to have you.
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = -3; YTD = -62

Comment

smasty We're so glad you're here!
        Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Welcome, Sue. I am Jane, I live in Scotland and I came here, as did a lot of us, for pretty much the same reasons you did. There is enough hatred, craziness and general badness elsewhere, let’s make this different. When I first joined here, I was angry, indignant – how dare they tell me what to do? Now, I like it better here and that other lot can take a running jump!

I know it is upsetting to lose all your records, hints, etc, but if you think about it, Ravelry has only existed for about 12 years and people have been knitting and crocheting for thousands of years, so anyone over the age of 12 has already lived without them and can do so again. I have learned one important thing from all this, though – back everything up. Even if it is only a copy of your patterns on a memory stick, make sure you can access what you need. You never know what the future holds. But enough doom and gloom.

There are lots of groups and forums here, and if you can’t find what you want, you can ask questions, start discussions and even start your own group(s). I like that I don’t feel I am interrupting a private conversation if I ask a question or make an observation, which you can in some places, and I don’t feel silly about asking questions, as if everyone knows that and I should, too. I have asked a few rather strange-sounding questions since I have been here, about everything from knitted pickles to ruanas. (We don’t have either in Scotland, so it’s a cultural thing – well, that’s my story and I am sticking to it!) Anyway, welcome and have fun

Comment

• Char
            Char commented
            Editing a comment
            We LOVE it when people join in the conversations.

smasty - Welcome Sue. I'm sure we can all relate to your feelings. I'm glad you found this site. It's small but growing and the people are the best part. There are already some interesting groups and you can easily start another. Be sure to check out the community wide events:

https://fiberkind.com/forum/community-wide-events

We currently have a Holiday Make-along where you can chat about your current projects, post your finished projects and possibly win a prize. In January, we are going to have a shawlette make-along and there is also a temperature blanket make-along. There are also non-knitting things like the reading challenge. I've gotten some great reading recommendations there.

https://fiberkind.com/forum/general/...book-challenge

I look forward to chatting with you in some of the groups.
          Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

I Sue, welcome! I live near Elizabeth, where are you located?
            Happy trails, Diana

Comment

Welcome Sue, you will enjoy this site so much more............

Comment

Thanks so much for the super nice welcome!!!! I can tell already this is a great place. Rollinge....I'm in Highlands Ranch.

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                X