This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Posting tips

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting tips

Here at FiberKind there are two ways you can post. You can reply to a topic, or comment on a specific post.

What is the difference between a reply to a topic and a comment?

A reply to a topic creates a new entry.

In this photo you can see a space between the original post and the reply box? This will add a new entry to the topic after clicking the post button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	42991

Sometimes we need an easy way to run a random number generator for prize drawings etc and the person doing the drawing prefers only specific items, such as a finished object picture, be a new post and comments on those works of art be as a comment to the post not a new post.

(As a side note, adding a comment instead of a new post also helps readers understand what your comment is referring to.)

To make a comment instead of a new post, first click on the three dots on the original post, then click on comment (a PC or tablet may spell out the word “comment”):

Views:	112
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	42992

This brings up a box for you to text your comment in - see how it is attached to the original comment?:

Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	42993

After you click post, your comment is attached to the original post and not a new post within the topic - it shows as a
    2.1, making a random number generator easier when chatter isn’t included as an entry.

Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	42994
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

How do I add a picture?

COMPUTERS:

If you are using a desktop or laptop, the easiest way to post pictures is through the "Drag and Drop" technique. From your browser, select the photo you wish to upload, and hover over the "Upload Attachments" area below your post. This area will become a grayed out area that says "Drop Files Here to Upload" instead of using the "Upload Attachments" button as indicated below.

PHONES, TABLETS AND OTHER DEVICES:

If you are unable to upload pictures through the "Drag and Drop" technique, follow these instructions:

The easiest way to add a picture is by using the “upload attachments” button:

If you do not have an “upload attachments” button you can click the paper clip at the top of the screen.

Views:	113
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	42996

From here you should be able to find your photo.

put your cursor where you would like the photo to appear and select the size of the photo you want in that position:

Views:	115
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	42997
    The photos here are size medium.

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      That's how I've been doing it until today. That is no longer there. I'll try to get some screen caps of what I mean. The whole thing is gone. There's just the box you type text into.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Where should I post the screen cap to show you?

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Char I posted a visitor message with screen caps on your profile... wall? Whatever you call it. 😁

What does it mean to subscribe to a topic?

Subscribing is our version of "following" a topic. If you wish to follow this topic for example, there is a "subscribe" button. If you click that, you will receive a notification that a change has been made to this thread.

What are notifications?

Notifications are at the top right hand corner of your screen.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 7.52.37 PM.png
Views:	110
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	42999

If a number is displayed there, you have notifications. This means someone may have tagged you in a post, or commented on a post you have subscribed to. Click on notifications to see a list.

How do I tag someone?

If you type the @ symbol in front of someone's user name it "tags" them in a post. This tag only works if there is no punctuation immediately following the person's name.

Comment

My notifications have disappeared. How do I get them back?

What is happening? The systems assumes if you are in a topic where the notification references you have seen the comment or like that it references and marks it as read.

Click on Notifications at the top of the screen

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	43001

Click on notifications again

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	43002

Down below is a “filter” drop down - click on filter, then select the radio button for both:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	43003

Click the word filter down again to make it go back up. Then all of your notifications return - including the ones the system assumes you saw.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	43004

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X