This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Welcome New Members

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome New Members

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to FiberKind! I f you need any help, please let me know. If you are wondering where to start and get to know several of us, you might check out the Community Events section where we have a Monthly Chatter section where we share whatever we are working on. And of course, we yarnies have needs for a Stashbuster program (I myself am simply there to make everyone else feel good I think LOL).

Grab a cup of whatever you like, and settle in. Again - Welcome to FiberKind.
    Last edited by Char; 08-20-2020, 08:10 PM.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Welcome to all from Open Ravel. This community was in danger of closing in January until it was saved by our new administrator Char, and many of us were devastated by the thought it going away. I'm so sorry you're losing that community and assure you'll find a very welcoming place here. When we thought we were migrating to Fiberocity someone started a group there for us to congregate, might I suggest doing that here? If there is anything we can do to make this transition easier for you simply ask and we shall do our very best.

Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Welcome aboard! This is an amazing community!

Comment

Welcome.

I have found this site to be a very positive place. A place to share our love for our crafts and to encourage one another to keep going...to keep growing in our knowledge and enjoyment of those crafts.

We have places to help get rid of our stashes...and places where we encourage you to go ahead and purchase that yarn you are craving.
        This site has just about everything you need...and what isn't available yet is being worked on and will be here soon.

The moderators are wonderful. The staff are fantastic. The rest of us are eager to say 'welcome' and get to know you a bit better.

~

Book Challenge 38/50
        2020 stash busting WTD. 2 YTD. 27

Comment

I think I am a member at Open Ravel. Somehow my password got messed up and I migrated over here last summer. Anyway, welcome old friends and new friends!

Comment

I'm a member at Open Ravel, and sad to see it close down, but of course I understand. It's been a weird year, and I'm happy if I can find somewhere to connect to other crocheters and knitters. Thanks for the welcome, I confess I feel a bit lost, again.

Comment

• DJM
              DJM commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome, I also am a member of Open Ravel, however I found a home here. Browse a few groups and join the ones which interest you. Feel free to ask questions and join conversations, post pictures of your WIP's and FO's we love to see what others are working on. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Thank you, I'd like to feel at home somewhere too! About groups though, is there some way of finding out before which ones are open to strangers/newcomers and which ones are not? Looking forward to chatting with you too, and share some WIP's (of which I have many more than FO's).

Comment

• DJM
              DJM commented
              Editing a comment
              Go to the Groups tab, click on a group you might be interested in it will tell you if the group is open to join and a little about the group and the topics discussed.

• knitter131
              knitter131 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, Mekone and welcome to FiberKind 😊. When you go into the groups section, just click on the “join” button. Most are open to everyone, and it will show “joined” right away. If it says “pending” the group owner will review first. You are able to look at group activity prior to deciding to join, but you won’t be able to post unless you are a member. Feel free to ask if you need more help.

Thank you both, for making me feel welcome! I'll have a look and see if I find any groups I might join. 😊

Comment

• FreedomLover
              FreedomLover commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome!! This is such a friendly community, we'll do our best to have you feeling at home as soon as we can. If you could use a laugh there are also Funnies threads in the Off Topic section of the General Forum.

• lovestostitch
              lovestostitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome Mekone! I'm glad that you found Fiberkind. I think every group welcomes new members. Some are more active than others but feel free to jump right in and join in the conversation.

• Kathy7661
              Kathy7661 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mekone Welcome to Fiberkind! So glad you joined!

I've just popped over from OpenRavel. I was a bit of an intermittent visitor there but enjoyed being able to chat when I had time. Someone on there (Knitterlady13 - I don't know if she's on here now?) recommended Airtable as a means of recording your projects and that was worth joining for alone! That's the great thing about forums like these. Thank you for thinking of the Open Ravel community and being so friendly. I'm time poor but look forward to joining in when I get the chance.

Comment

• pinesprairie
              pinesprairie commented
              Editing a comment
              JJXB We're glad you've joined us! Spend a minute or two when you have time and share your crafts. We love to see new things!

• JJXB
              JJXB commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you to everyone for the lovely welcome! DJM knitter131 pinesprairie Char and Kathy7661

• hereami
              hereami commented
              Editing a comment
              JJXB
              Welcome. Hope you enjoy this site. Stop in anytime you have a few minutes.
              Stay well.

I was a sporadic member of Open Ravel. I'm sorry it see it go. Thanks for accepting me here!

Comment

• FlamingoStitcher
              FlamingoStitcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

• hereami
              hereami commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome FlamingoStitcher Hope you love the site.
              I love your avatar.
              Stay well.

• FlamingoStitcher
              FlamingoStitcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you hereami... been enjoying poking around. I *kinda* like flamingos... LOL

Thank you for the welcome hereami !

Comment

I just joined today after seeing Char's discussion with Politically Incorrect Knitting. Already joined the Stashbuster Challenge; hopefully, it helps. I tend to be a lurker.
              Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD = 0, YTD = +5

Comment

• Kathy7661
                Kathy7661 commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to Fiberkind! Glad you joined!

• lovestostitch
                lovestostitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome Steph. Now that you have identified yourself as a lurker, we will accept the challenge to get you to chat!

• Renna_Gayle_Knits
                Renna_Gayle_Knits commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, Steph, nice to see you here!

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. I just joined today and am excited to have found others with yarny interests like me. I learned to crochet about 10 years ago, and around 5 years ago picked up knitting. Two years ago I bought my first spinning wheel (Lendrum DT) and just added the Nano for an e-spinner. I love it all and never have as much time as I'd like to work with fiber.
              2020 Stashbuster MAL WTD 3, YTD -23

Spin de Fleece 2020 Team Rockin Rookies

Comment

• hereami
                hereami commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome.
                Hope you find lots of support for your crafting adventures here.
                lLl...when I saw your 'Nano' comment. I thought perhaps I had a fellow Nanowrimo participant...then I realized it had to do with spinning. I have heard only fantastic things about the spinning group on here. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.

• Kathy7661
                Kathy7661 commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to Fiberkind!

• lovestostitch
                lovestostitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome Shauna825!

hereami I don’t know what Nanowrimo is. Sorry to get your hopes up 💕
              2020 Stashbuster MAL WTD 3, YTD -23

Spin de Fleece 2020 Team Rockin Rookies

Comment

• hereami
                hereami commented
                Editing a comment
                Shauna825 No worries at all...I simply misread.

For those wondering... National Novel Writing Month.
                NaNoWriMo (some of us get lazy and call it NaNo) is a group of people who decide they are going to meet a writing goal every November. The basic goal is 50,000 words in a month. Lots of authors have completed their novels during this time. And there are lots of novels that are only that long. For those who enjoy writing it is great fun. Lots of coffee and late nights and asking the internet friends for information...like what kind of songs do they currently play in bars and lounges?

• Shauna825
                Shauna825 commented
                Editing a comment
                hereami that does sound interesting. I'm currently working on my master's degree so no fun writing for me, not that I'm much of a fun writer anyway.

Hello everyone...I'm so happy to have found you guys...I heard about the site from one of my favorite podcasts,Politically Incorrect Knitters,on YouTube.I will definitely be spreading the word about the site..so nice to have an option other than just you know who..I have been an avid knitter for about ten years ..my hubby has put up with me for 42 years and I am blessed with two children, both grown, and three grandkids plus one Pekignese named Duke who pretty much rules the roost...looking forward to joining in the discussions guys!

Comment

• DJM
                DJM commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to Fiberkind!!

• FreedomLover
                FreedomLover commented
                Editing a comment
                We're so glad you found us! I can't wait to see what you like to knit and maybe a picture of Duke (we also belong to a dog.)

• hereami
                hereami commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome. Look forward to seeing you around.

Is your dog named after the song. 'Duke of Earl' by the Gene Chandler???
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnfooEED8Y

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
            X