Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Where do you live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you live?

I live in Conway, South Carolina. If you visit be careful driving around the old part of town, we have trees in our streets. The one in the background is in the middle of the intersection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	downtown-conway-3 (1).jpeg
Views:	1005
Size:	590.6 KB
ID:	719
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

FreedomLover Great photo!! I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Love it here! I'm originally from the Chicago area and my husband is from Toronto and neither of us want to go back to cold winters. (We could do with some cooler summers though!) I don't have a photo easily on hand right now, but maybe I'll have a chance to get some good photos over the weekend since I plan to play with my new camera lens.

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I can't take credit for that photo, it's from the net. We have family in Sand Springs.

• Krickt
      Krickt commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in SW OK (down by Lawton) Howdy, fellow Okie

• PanhandleAnnie
      PanhandleAnnie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the OK Panhandle smack-dab between KS and TX. Hence, the name of PanhandleAnnie's (Vintage Crochet). Howdy!
      Last edited by PanhandleAnnie; 07-15-2019, 02:43 PM. Reason: Edited to correct typos and redundancy

I'm in San Antonio, Texas, but, being an Air Force brat, I grew up all over. I could do with cooler summers, too.

Comment

I’m in Central Florida in one of the communities surrounding Orlando. We moved here to be close to our son and his family and have lived here a year.

Comment

• yarnforall
        yarnforall commented
        Editing a comment
        HeatherDLcreates, I hope it works out for you! Do you have a certain area you know you are going to move to?

• Auntkaren4
        Auntkaren4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in MtDora. Are any of you going to Florida fiber In Sept 22?

• yarnforall
        yarnforall commented
        Editing a comment
        @AuntKaren, I think I am going to try to. I was just in Mt. Dora this afternoon. 👋🏼

Hello! I am in Reno, Nevada - The Biggest Little City! I post a lot of pictures of the area (as well as knitting/crochet/food/and health-related stuff) on my Instagram at http://instagram.com/bean.thrives -- Great to meet you and get started on the new-new-forum!

Here's a pic from behind the 7-11 near my teen's place of employ

Thistle and Mountains

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

Comment

• bean
        bean commented
        Editing a comment
        Amore our library really is gorgeous, like a park inside! There is even a little "creek" in the lower level I have taken cuttings from spider plants there and the ones in my home are all the children & grandchildren of the library plants

• Amore
        Amore commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, bean, how cool is that!

• bethshangirl
        bethshangirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi bean ! See you on Instagram! 😀

FreedomLover well, I'm about 3 or 4 hours north of you, living in the small town of Knightdale, North Carolina, just 15 minutes from our state Capital of Raleigh. I've lived in NC for 34 years now, before that I was a military brat that has lived all over this great nation. I've lived in California (San Fransisco, San Diego, and LA), Florida (was born in Melbourne, also lived in Orlando), in Washington State (Brimmerton), Wisconsin (Kenosha), Illinois (Great Lakes, Chicago), just to name a few!

I've been crocheting since I was a child, and just recently got into pattern design.

Great to meet you all!

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        We lived in Apex for 18 years and had to get out of there after the magazine article.

• heelsgirl1
        heelsgirl1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also live in NC, north of Winston-Salem the quaint very small town of Walnut Cove. I’ve lived here since 1991, and have the state’s most visited state park around the corner. I grew up in Texas, Alabama and West Virginia.

I'm in SW Michigan. Close enough to easily drive to Lake Michigan, but just far enough to avoid the summer tourist takeover.

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        I grew up in Portage, MI! . I feel like I want to raise my hand and point.✋

• bean
        bean commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm originally from Michigan, as well! Moved here to Nevada from Detroit 23 years ago

• Primalux
        Primalux commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in West MI. Yup, close enough to the beach to enjoy it, but far enough away to be off the beaten track.

I live in the foothills of Colorado, living the good life with my hubby of 29 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomLover View Post
        I live in Conway, South Carolina. If you visit be careful driving around the old part of town, we have trees in our streets. The one in the background is in the middle of the intersection.

Name:	downtown-conway-3 (1).jpeg
Views:	1005
Size:	590.6 KB
ID:	719
        Beautiful city. We drove through there last Sept the week after the hurricane. The traffic was horrendous coming through there in the evening. I can't imagine how the locals felt about that.

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          The traffic might have been due to the storm. Route 501 can be quite congested at times, but locals know how to get to the beach without getting on 501.

Chiming in from your neighbour to the north - Alberta, Canada - where the canola fields are in full glorious yellow colour. Wish I could post a picture but not savvy enough. (First try put the picture right on my words!) But you could always Google it!
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

I'm in mid-Michigan, cold winters and humid summers

Comment

Greetings from Western NC. Grew up in Minnesota, left when I joined the Army. Settled in Virginia and lived there for 23 years. Moved to the mountains of North Carolina in 2009 to get away from the hurricanes and humidity. Well, so far the hurricanes have stayed away. Humidity has been climbing the last few years. Still love living in the mountains.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	813
              Hello from the State of Jefferson, USA. Our hilltop home enjoys an expansive mountain view and the illusion of complete privacy, despite its mere 5 acres. Jefferson is God-fearing, gun-loving, and deeply conservative---just the way we like it. But friends and well-meaning neighbors are welcomed with open arms.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Amore; 07-13-2019, 12:58 AM.
              Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Comment

• AmazedbyGrace
                AmazedbyGrace commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on how far north you are, I may not be too far from you. I’m in Northern California too.

• countrypurl
                countrypurl commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmm, I think I live close. I am in Willows, Glenn Co, right on I-5. Knitter, spinner, weaver, maker of soap and quilts, collector of guns, and still a Catholic

Originally posted by Amore View Post

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	813
              Hello from the State of Jefferson, USA. Our hilltop home enjoys an expansive mountain view and the illusion of complete privacy, despite its mere 5 acres. Jefferson is God-fearing, gun-loving, and deeply conservative---just the way we like it. But friends and well-meaning neighbors are welcomed with open arms.
              Beautiful photo. Absolutely beautiful. I too am deeply conservative, also a Catholic. Nice to be in a place that is accepting of that. It's also nice to see a rainbow in the right context.

Comment

I live in North Carolina, but was born in Ohio, lived in West Virginia most of my life, and for a few years in Kentucky, moved to Western North Carolina 16 years ago, love the mountains here and small town feel.

Comment

• crochetthreads
                  crochetthreads commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I live in Nebo, NC near Asheville
              Working...
              X