Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

What I'm working on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm working on...

Right now, my friend is getting married. I can't be there, unfortunately, due to the distance, but I'm working on a wedding gift...the "Gift of Love" cabled afghan. She knows I'm making something, but wants to be surprised when I finally finish it. I feel bad for being so late, but I do have excuses. 1. Two cats who won't let me knit. 2. Bad defect in the yarn about halfway into the 4th panel causing me to have to start over. 3. Slow knitter. (Worst excuse ever!) What are you working on?
    “I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that everywhere, wherever you may be, the least plant may bring to you the clear remembrance of the Creator. If you see the grass of the fields, think of human nature, and remember the comparison of the wise Isaiah. “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.”
    ― Basil the Great

Originally posted by orthodox_maiden View Post
    but i do have excuses. 1. Two cats who won't let me knit.
    lol!!!!!!!!

Comment

My current projects are a pair of Socks on a Plane, Comfort Fade Cardi and a Simple Tee. The socks are at our camper, so they don't get worked on as much. I'm trying to divide my time between the 2 sweaters because I want the Simple Tee to wear this summer, but I also need a cardigan to wear at work sometimes in the AC. I'm getting ready to cast on another pair of socks because just one pair on the needles is not enough! I also have 2 blankets that I work on occasionally. Both are ones I started to use up leftover sock yarn.
      "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        If you haven’t already, please join in our sock KAL. I’m camping this weekend with my socks too!

I'm working on a Lett Lopi stranded yoke sweater that I can only work on in the cool of the morning or in air conditioning. I also have a cowl on needles that's a lot more summer weather friendly.

Other WIPs exist but are in time out right now.

Comment

I put down an interminable (and very cute, it's just huge and a small needle) shawl to work on a sweater, which I HATE and will probably re-do in different yarn. Sad thing is, I'm done except for collar and sleeves. I used purple tweed and... it... looks like ...a big grape. Like Violet Beauregarde level but a big round grape. So that sort of scarred me and I decided instead to knit my first pair of socks! Bauhaus socks by mad tosh. They are verrrrry cute and turnig out well. I'm living in fear of my first heel. I am getting toward the foot and I could use a vote if anyone has an opinion. What do you think? The patterned foot or the stockinette foot? I can't decide which I'll like better:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 9.20.20 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	346.1 KB ID:	1936 (photo is from the pattern, it's copyright mad tosh and yes i have stolen it)

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          SushiRolag yes - we have a knit along under kitting forums, in the knit along section.

We also have a sock knitters group you should keep an eye out for under “groups”. We’d love to have you!

• SushiRolag
          SushiRolag commented
          Editing a comment
          Char thanks for so thoughtfully inviting me to join

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          SushiRolag you are quite welcome! Happy to have you!

I had to set aside my Golden Autumn shawl to make a gift for a baby shower. Looking forward to picking it up again this evening. Starting tomorrow, I have to get moving on making a dress for my niece's wedding this coming Saturday.

Comment

• SushiRolag
          SushiRolag commented
          Editing a comment
          that's lovely!

• lsmrcd
          lsmrcd commented
          Editing a comment
          SushiRolag Thank you!

• lcnrainbow
          lcnrainbow commented
          Editing a comment
          So pretty! I love knitting lace shawls and just completed one during the MAL under knitting. I posted a pic on that thread but wiL post here too to show what I have been working on. Nice to meet another lace knitter! 😊

I’m working on my second sock of the pair while traveling to Georgia.

Comment

• Duellingneedles
          Duellingneedles commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a good pattern for that yarn!

• yarnforall
          yarnforall commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I wanted it to look either like waves or fish scales.

I just started a prayer shawl yesterday for another matushka who is undergoing chemo. I got her favorite colors first (blue, green, purple).
        Attached Files

Comment

• yarnforall
          yarnforall commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, that is lovely !

• matushkaanna
          matushkaanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you yarnforall!

• lcnrainbow
          lcnrainbow commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful colors for a beautiful gift for a beautiful person undergoing a rough time. I am sure your kindness will mean a lot to her.

I'm still slogging through my Papa sweater. The super long floats are killing me!

Comment

• lcnrainbow
          lcnrainbow commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, those are a LOT of floats! I imagine the finished sweater will be truly amazing!

Originally posted by matushkaanna View Post
        I just started a prayer shawl yesterday for another matushka who is undergoing chemo. I got her favorite colors first (blue, green, purple).
        It looks really pretty, so far!
        “I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that everywhere, wherever you may be, the least plant may bring to you the clear remembrance of the Creator. If you see the grass of the fields, think of human nature, and remember the comparison of the wise Isaiah. “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.”
        ― Basil the Great

Comment

I love this pattern in the blue, I've made it several times in different weights and colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3511[1].JPG
Views:	71
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	13600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3512[1].JPG
Views:	72
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	13601

Attached Files

Comment

All the lovely things, i just had one of those "gimme ALLL the yarn things!" moments. i'm working on a project which was a great idea for the hottest weather we in England have had in decades - a stripy blanket-type cardigan in spicy colours for when autumn comes and I need to snuggle down. Almost done now, though, and then I shall be working on an autumnal wreath, and the August edition of my Year of the Pig project - a piggie for every month. i think this one may be inspired by the old Japanese tv show Monkey; I loved the character Pigsy in that.

Comment

I just completed a shawl, Hortense Beaded Lace Shawl by Anna Victoria. Started on May 19, 2019 and finished July 31 .... It always feels amazing to get a project completed...

and in the words of all knitter everywhere....NEXT!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_080501.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	14636

Comment

• lsmrcd
              lsmrcd commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful! Maybe one of these days I will get my 1001 Nights blocked.

• lcnrainbow
              lcnrainbow commented
              Editing a comment
              Go for it Ismrcd! The blocking is where the magic happens 💟
          Working...
          X