Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

I Love a Mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love a Mystery

I'm really missing the Delicious Death group from Over There (Agatha Christie fans, we did RALs with themed knitting and crochet pattern suggestions). Is anyone interested in joining a group for lovers of mystery stories, not just Christie ones, to do something similar? if so, comment here and if there's enough interest I'll set one up.

I wasn't in the group before, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Dame Agatha than me. I also like to watch British mystery shows like Foyle's War, Endeavor, Midsomer Murders ... Put me down as interested.
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Please also include me on the list. I like them all, except the really violent ones. A woman getting brutally raped in the first couple of pages is a no.

patty

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        There's no worry about that happening in an Agatha Christie.

Edit: I see the OP says other writers might be included.

• Lemming13
        Lemming13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't worry, I'm thinking more "cosy" mysteries - though I'm also a horror fan I do prefer my mysteries more genteel than graphic.

Count me in!!

Comment

It sounds like fun!

Comment

Can we listen to audio books while we craft? Lol.

I could be interested.
          Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

Lemming13 I'm in!

Comment

love the idea.

Comment

I really love a good mystery. patty I agree I do not like graphic violence, my imagination works just fine. I've been binging on cozy mystery books.

Comment

Char I love to listen to audiobooks while I craft. I think audiobooks should definitely "count".

Comment

I love a good mystery. My favorite is the cozy genre but right now I'm working through Golden Age detectives. I'm on my second Dorothy Sayers and I must say I'm loving me some Lord Peter Whimsy. I tend to get on reading binges. I took my sister to see Holmes and Watson last summer and that started a Sherlock binge. And last September my niece and I saw the Mousetrap which started a Christie binge. I usually listen to audio-books in the car so I can avoid politics and political advertisements. At home I support local libraries by downloading ebooks-for free!

Comment

Sounds good to me. I wasn't in the group on That Other Place, so I am not entirely sure whether this is the one for me, but I am definitely interested.

Comment

I'm interested!

My local library has a pretty limited selection and it is hard to get newer releases, but the older books, like Christie, Sayers, Chesterton and Doyle might be accessible.

Comment

• Char
                          Char commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Does your library by chance do “Overdrive”? You might check it out or if a reciprocal library has it. :-)

Sounds interesting!
                        "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

I would be interested. I like mysteries of the the Jessica Fletcher variety, nothing too gory.

Comment

Working...
                          X