Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Trips for Knitters, Feedback?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trips for Knitters, Feedback?

DH is planning a deer hunt with a buddy, so I'm looking to follow my own bliss, which leads me to . . .
    Seeking recommendations for trips for knitters.
    Does anyone have experience with https://www.tripsforknitters.com/
    Any other group knitting experiences you can report on/recommend?
    Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Nice - I haven’t heard of them, but knitting / stitching retreats are always fun. One of these days I would like to do a stitching cruise.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• Amore
      Amore commented
      Editing a comment
      OHHH yeah . . . I'm up for a cruise!

Or . . . we could do a Fiberkind meetup somewhere . . .
      Last edited by Amore; 09-02-2019, 10:58 AM.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yah... a Fiberkind retreat. Lol

https://www.esjatravel.is/en/moya/ex...ing-adventures

About three years ago my daughter-in-law and I did this knitting trip to Iceland. We had a wonderful time. It was a very small group, and we really felt more like we were visiting cousins in Iceland. We knit in the morning and were chauffeured around in the afternoons to some very amazing sites. We felt like we saw the real Iceland. Knitting is huge there. It is taught to girls and boys in school.

Comment

• Amore
      Amore commented
      Editing a comment
      Iceland does sound very appealing, from what I've read of it online. Thanks for your first-hand testimony. Maybe Iceland belongs on my bucket list.

Trips for Knitters looks like it would be great fun, too. I may do that one of these years!

Comment

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      How far are you? It took us two and a half days from California.

• Amore
      Amore commented
      Editing a comment
      It would take us a couple of overnights along the way. Kind of a long yarn crawl LOL!

• Hellokitten
      Hellokitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, but great scenery, too. My step-grandson and his family live there. They love it.

Haven't been, but I like the idea of a knitting cruise where my husband can tag along and relax while I take a lesson

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that the Missouri Star Quilt Company has a building with recliners, TV's and billiard tables for those who don't need to visit the dozen or so stores they have in town. I hope knitting cruises would have something for the non-knitters.
Working...
X