RIP, Mandy

Some of you from Knitting Paradise might remember my dog, Mandy. She turned 16 this past May, and I was deeply pained to have to put her to sleep this morning. She had multiple mammary tumors and one of them ruptured yesterday. the vet cleaned her up and gave me some antibiotics and pain relievers for her, and said she probably had a few weeks left. This morning she was so uncomfortable, and bleeding badly again, and we had to make the trip. I know 16 and 1/2 is a good old age, and she had a good, long life, but that doesn’t ease my pain. In her memory, I am asking if you would be willing to go to this page and vote for her picture. If you can do this, I would deeply appreciate it. She is deeply missed, and tonight will be one of the hardest of my life. Please pray for me.

http://www.kingpet.com/dog/5663301839807593-Mandy/vote/376/

Done. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Done. So sorry for you! Praying for your comfort as you grieve the loss of your dear friend.

Thank you both. The site is still saying no one has voted today. After you click vote, you have to select the option for 1 vote. At least I’m assuming that was the problem. But it’s the thought that counts.

Mandy looks like she was a sweetheart. My condolences. We lost our 17 1/2 yr old dog last spring. They do leave a hole in our hearts.

She certainly was. My heart is missing a big chunk, and I don’t know what to do.

I’m so sorry. I’m praying for your comfort. It’s so hard to lose a furry family member.

I’m terribly sorry. It’s so hard to go through this. We lost our kitty just a few weeks ago, and the grief is still fresh for me too. Mandy is blessed to be loved so deeply by you for so long; I’m praying for you in this tough time.

Very sorry. Our furry friends bring such joy and unconditional love. When they pass it is heartbreaking.

I’m sorry about your darling.

So sorry for your loss of Mandy. I hope you’re able to take comfort in the memories you have of her.

For 16 1/2 years you shared part of your heart and now that part is gone. I am so sorry for the emptiness and pain you feel. My you find comfort and joy again.

I’m so sorry to hear about your pup. Sending virtual hugs. :heart::heart::heart:

So very sorry to hear about your fur friend, its really hard, they are family. We are going through this with our lab , Coal. Seen vet Saturday, found a mass on her lung, she is about 11 yrs.
Mandy passed on with love from you in her heart, she was a beautiful doggie. You made a happy loving life for her and she gave so much as well. Lots of love and wonderful memories you can hold in your heart.

I have voted too so I hope it worked for you. Losing a dog is one of the hardest thing to deal with. They know us better than anyone I think. When I lost one of my dogs a few years ago a good friend told me to get a new dog not to replace the dog you lost but to share all that love you have with another. She said it showed respect for the dog I lost because they had been such good friends to us. I took her advice and while its not the same relationship its good for your heart and the new dog has a wonderful home filled with love. I am very sorry for you loss.

Yup, I clicked on that option. I wonder why it didn’t take… :disappointed:

I don’t know, unless you have to have an account, which I’m not sure of.