This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

How old were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old were you?

How old were you when you got your first gray hair? (If it's too personal, don't bother to answer. I was only wondering because I found my first one this morning. I'm 23.)
    “I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that everywhere, wherever you may be, the least plant may bring to you the clear remembrance of the Creator. If you see the grass of the fields, think of human nature, and remember the comparison of the wise Isaiah. “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.”
    ― Basil the Great

Hahaha! I was about your age or a little younger. And I still have a full head of brown hair over 10 years later. I find them in the same spots and have just recently decided not to pull or cut them out of curiosity.

Dont stress about them or youll get more! 🤣

Comment

I got mine about then also, I say my DH gave them to me and the kids just added to them! I'm lucky that my hair has gone a nice shade of white so I don't bother coloring it. I'm in my late 60's and still have a full head of hair, just white.
      Linda
      Stasbusting week ending 9/19 WTD = 0 YTD = +160

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
      The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

JRR Tolkien

Comment

I honestly don't remember my age but I do remember plucking it out.
        Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

LOL - I keep hoping I'm blonde enough not to go gray... but if you ask my kids they'll probably tell you they gave me some of that gray. I don't think I believe them.
          Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Comment

I was 13! I got odd grey ones in among the brown for the next 20 odd years (and also, weirdly, the occasional very thick black one among my very fine hair). Then I got a big splodge of white. Absolute truth this: I went in to the ICU to watch my 6 year old daughter recovering from open heart surgery with brown hair and maybe three silvery threads. I came out with a big lock of hair at the front of my head pure white. I didn't even know till another mum asked what happened. So if anyone says someone's hair went white from fear, don't be too quick to disbelieve it.

Comment

• FreedomLover
              FreedomLover commented
              Editing a comment
              I cannot imagine the anguish of that time.

• Orthodox_Maiden
              Orthodox_Maiden commented
              Editing a comment
              That must have been a truly terrifying experience. I can't imagine a gray hair as early as 13, either.

• Lemming13
              Lemming13 commented
              Editing a comment
              The early grey hair was probably triggered by a scalp infection I got from a horsefly bite a few weeks before. The surgery experience was agony, but I was lucky - my girl came out okay and made an amazing recovery, and is today a strong young woman. My heart breaks for those who were not so lucky. I still support a charity run from that hospital to support children and families affected by childhood cardiac illnesses and defects, I'll never be able to thank them enough.

I was 26. I noticed two or three grey hairs in the back after the birth of my first child.
            I didn't get anymore until I was nearly fifty. Once I got into my sixties it changed fast.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
            X